IGNORED

Team For Cardiff

Super

Assuming everyone is available how can McInnes leave any player out after such an impressive performance from the whole team last night?

I don't think McInnes thinks like that, not from what I've seen, anyway. He'll pick the side he thinks will work best against whatever oposition we're facing. Wilson in at right back for Foster wouldn't surprise me, for instance, even though Foster did nothing wrong last night. Cardiff will be a considerably stiffer test and Wilson is the arguably the better full back. (It might be the reason he didn't play last night, in fact, given the doubt about his knees and his ability to play three times in 8 days). Neither would it surprise me to see Taylor on the bench, despite the fact that he had an absolute stormer against Palace. Whatever, it'll be an interesting team selection.

I don't think McInnes thinks like that, not from what I've seen, anyway. He'll pick the side he thinks will work best against whatever oposition we're facing. Wilson in at right back for Foster wouldn't surprise me, for instance, even though Foster did nothing wrong last night. Cardiff will be a considerably stiffer test and Wilson is the arguably the better full back. (It might be the reason he didn't play last night, in fact, given the doubt about his knees and his ability to play three times in 8 days). Neither would it surprise me to see Taylor on the bench, despite the fact that he had an absolute stormer against Palace. Whatever, it'll be an interesting team selection.

You're right of course about McInnes but its a tough call. Any player left out after last nights display would have every right to be upset about it, especially if 8 or 10 of last nights team are selected and he/they are omitted.

The last thing anyone wants is disharmony within the camp.

Cardiff dont have much pace, they are very skilful and physical, so im not convinced that the 442 with Stead and Taylor will be anywhere near as effective against Turner and Connolly. If we play with pace I think we can put them under pressure.

Heaton

Foster

Carey

Fontaine

Cunningham

Adomah

Skuse

Pearson

Woolford

Stead

Baldock

Gerken

M.Wilson

J.Wilson

Morris

Anderson

Davies

Taylor

You're right of course about McInnes but its a tough call. Any player left out after last nights display would have every right to be upset about it, especially if 8 or 10 of last nights team are selected and he/they are omitted.

Can't disagree, tight call, but I guess this is where managers earn their corn. See also my response to yours on the "Team For Cardiff" thread.

He's always said he picks the team for the task at hand, rather than the old adage of 'never change a winning team' - that said I would only expect 1 or 2 changes.

I can see very little changing, although wouldn't be shocked to see Baldock start. My early guess:

Heaton

M Wilson Carey Fontaine Cunningham

Adomah Skuse Pearson Woolford

Stead Baldock

Bench:

Gerken

Foster

Elliot

Anderson

Morris

Taylor

Davies

I think this team will be very close. One change i would make would be Foster for Wilson, only because of Fosters pace to cope with Bellamy.

Only changes I can see is Possibly Wilson for Foster or Baldock for Stead. Just because I think Taylor edged it out of the two strikers . Baldock had a good pre season and offers something different with his pace.

Can't help think with the amount of strikers we have Del won't play that many games with 5 men in midfield, though if right does Make you wonder why we signed Morris.

Only changes I can see is Possibly Wilson for Foster or Baldock for Stead. Just because I think Taylor edged it out of the two strikers . Baldock had a good pre season and offers something different with his pace.

Can't help think with the amount of strikers we have Del won't play that many games with 5 men in midfield, though if right does Make you wonder why we signed Morris.

We now have a "squad"!! It may look over subscribed now but we WILL get injuries through the season, we will DIP in form we WILL need cover.

Our first 15 today wil be different from our first 15 jan 1st.

Del Boy know this. He has prepared

I for one am pleased with what he is doing.

Everyone is putting Carey in there teams which I don't see happening because we as aside from the fact he was absolutely outstanding, he did struggle to finish the match! Can see it being Taylor and Baldock up front, Stead was almost donkey like at times tuesday night whereas Taylor outshone him and was quality through!

--------------------Heaton---------------------

M.Wilson-J.Wilson-Fonts-Cunningham

Adomah--Skuse---Pearson---Woolford

--------------Taylor-Baldock-----------------

Todays EP quoting Del "I won't be against changing the team again, because we will be up against a different opposition at the weekend"

City have spent almost £2 million on recruiting Baldock and Davies, but neither is guaranteed a place in the starting line-up to face Cardiff at Ashton Gate on Saturday.

I think Del will have absolutely no compunction about changing the team. We already know he does it on a 'per opponent' basis and this next match will be no different and certainly not difficult for him.

As for Pitman I just feel that he should be man enough, and I hope he is, to realise that if he does not make the bench on Saturday he should continue with a positive mental attitude and fight even harder to break into the team; that is what we need and expect from a professional and I have no doubt he is one.

Agree with the first part but in Del's interview in bep he talks about getting the right type of players in; those who don't have lazy days. This sort of implies there may be some lazy types at the club previously, Spence? JCR? Could Pitman be another. The way he has not been greatly used since del arrived may mean this is what he thinks of him too. Pure speculation mind and just my opinion. Either way he's pretty much gone from 2nd/3rd choice to 4th/5th in the space of 48hrs. Can't be good for his morale or confidence. Can't see much use for him this season and suspect he'll leave sooner rather than later, maybe he's some of the 'other business' left to do that del refers to.

As for the team I could see Taylor making way for another midfielder and Wilson in for foster if fit. Baldock on the bench instead of Pitman.

It has to be the hardest team selection for a while. We go out and spent £2 million on a couple of new strikers and then two of our old strikers play brilliantly! I would like to see Baldock thrown straight in but it would be harsh on either of Stead or Taylor.

-----------------------------Gerken------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------Carey--------------------Fonts------------------

-MWilson-----------------------------------------Cunningham

---------------------Skuse---------Elliot------------------------

----Adomah---------------------------------------Woolford---

------------------------------------Taylor------------------------

-----------------------Baldock----------------------------------

Subs: Heaton; JWilson; Pearson; Morris; Anderson; Davies; Stead

-----------------------------Gerken------------------------------

---------------Carey--------------------Fonts------------------

-MWilson-----------------------------------------Cunningham

---------------------Skuse---------Elliot------------------------

----Adomah---------------------------------------Woolford---

------------------------------------Taylor------------------------

-----------------------Baldock----------------------------------

Subs: Heaton; JWilson; Pearson; Morris; Anderson; Davies; Stead

If we go with this midfield we will have no ball retention at all. Skuse and Pearson for me please! The rest looks about right though!

If we go with this midfield we will have no ball retention at all. Skuse and Pearson for me please! The rest looks about right though!

I would normally agree with you, but I thought when Elliot came on he had a much bigger presence than Pearson and I don't think he or Skuse gave the ball away much at all. In-fact the only players I thought gave the ball away were Adomah and Pearson. Pearson when he wasn't paying attention to the ball which almost caused us to concede a goal and Adomah a couple of times when he ran into players.

We all post what we think we'll be the best team but personally, I'll be happy with whatever wins the game. If it means putting Woolford in CB, Carey up front and Baldock in goal and we win, so be it. (Please don't pick this team if you're reading by the way Del)

Archived