IGNORED

City 0 Cardiff 6

the frampton balti

Great night. I wasn't at the game, but listened on Radio Wales...just incredible stuff. 6-0. A goal for each finger on the average Bristolian hand..Sheer poetry.

I'll probably settle for just 5 this saturday.

Considering most of the inbred places in the valleys your franchise draws it's support from that's a touch hypocritical don't you think Bleddyn?

I read in the latest edition of When Saturday comes that 70 Cardiff fans had the balls to cancel there S/T after the red kit announcement.

Well done to the 70,it's a shame the rest of them had no balls and just accepted it.

I was always led to believe that South Wales people had principles,now we know the truth.

Different thread.

Just saying what I remember about that 0-6 drubbing that's all. That fact that Johnson was the manager at the time matters not.

You seriously expect us to believe that?

Different thread.

Just saying what I remember about that 0-6 drubbing that's all. That fact that Johnson was the manager at the time matters not.

Being caught lying by him and not having the balls to admit it must have really been an emotional scar for you to pursue your internet vendetta like this.

You should probably see someone about it.

Great night. I wasn't at the game, but listened on Radio Wales...just incredible stuff. 6-0. A goal for each finger on the average Bristolian hand..Sheer poetry.

I'll probably settle for just 5 this saturday.

5 is that the average amount of brain cells a Cardiff City has.

I remember that drubbing by Cardiff for 2 things. Firstly how for the opening 10 - 15 mins we were on top and pressurising their goal only for them within the next 10 mins to hit us on the counter attack and score 3 goals. Something after the high of Tuesday's game the team need to be wary of.

Secondly it was the debut of JCR if I remember right and from that one game you could see how crap he was going to be. Can remember him getting the ball and spending ages doing twists and turns and fancy stepovers to beat his fullback by which time the whole Cardiff team could get back into position. We'd then subsequently lose the ball and they'd tear us apart on the break.

Least we all got free programs from the night I guess which were put to very good use. Remember the biggest cheer of the night coming when someone managed to gate a Programme Paper Airplane from the back of the Dolman on to the pitch.

Unlike some, I stayed to the end of that 6:0 defeat. It is important to remember the many lows of being a football supporter.

It makes you really appreciate the highs when they come around.

I remember many years ago walking out early at the Gate during an F A Cup tie with Wrexham with the score at 2:4 to them and missing the two late City goals to set up the replay.

That's why I cannot understand the majority of the fans who leave early.

So do I.

I remember Wolves beating 1-6 at AG about 20 years ago and Cardiff hammering us 0-6 under Johnson who tried to trip up Chopra as he ran pass the City dugout having just scored. Good job Johnson had short legs otherwise he'd have been up on a FA and a criminal charge. There was a touchline photo taken which was all the evidence anyone wanted. It was all very embarrassing for Bristol City FC and another black mark against Johnson during his fall from grace.

Remember it well! Also remember the next game away at Bradford if my memory recalls and we got beat 5-0 :sad26:

At least the curry we had after was ok :D

So do I.

I remember Wolves beating 1-6 at AG about 20 years ago and Cardiff hammering us 0-6 under Johnson who tried to trip up Chopra as he ran pass the City dugout having just scored. Good job Johnson had short legs otherwise he'd have been up on a FA and a criminal charge. There was a touchline photo taken which was all the evidence anyone wanted. It was all very embarrassing for Bristol City FC and another black mark against Johnson during his fall from grace.

I remember we went 1-0 up in that game, Carl Hutchings I think.

Criminal charge? You're kidding right? :D

So do I.

GJ did what everyone else wanted to do. It was a hillarious moment, and one may City fans still remember, I know RR would have preferred to run past Keith celebrating with his arms folded, emotionless

Your constant attempts to belittle GJ are embarrassing.

Standard Cardiff fan.

I love it how the "fans" who so meekly accepted prostituting their club's history to pay off massive debts run up failing to get into the Prem still have the neck to gloat about that game. They have no shame.

Sorry..my second child was about 5 days old. I can always think of better things to do than go to dreary old Bristol on a tuesday night..but especially could on that occasion..

hmmm...I don't think Bristol City fans can say anything about Cardiff fans...how many of you there on Tuesday? 12,000!? bless. No doubt there will be more on saturday for your cup final :)

If you are interested in facts, you'll know that Cardiff fans didn't accept the change, and that the decision was reversed. When this raised the spectre of winding up orders again, many fans backtracked once more and reluctantly accepted the red shirts. Many still don't though.

Things are never black and white, they are always shades of grey (or in this case, red)

Didn't we beat someone half decent the game after Wolves 1-6, live on Sky?

Thinking 2-1, seem to remember Ward walking through the Dolman shaking hands pre-game?

Pretty sure that was his last before Benny inherited.

Sorry..my second child was about 5 days old. I can always think of better things to do than go to dreary old Bristol on a tuesday night..but especially could on that occasion..

hmmm...I don't think Bristol City fans can say anything about Cardiff fans...how many of you there on Tuesday? 12,000!? bless. No doubt there will be more on saturday for your cup final :)

It was a Tuesday night on a week that a hell of a lot of people go on holiday and we were playing a pretty uninspiring opponent, who brought hardly any. Of course, there'll be more on a Saturday against a more local adversary.

On the subject of attendances, Cardiff fans are on very shaky ground. Despite being the only professional side in the city of Cardiff and having - in theory - the whole of south-east and mid Wales as potential supporters, I remember the days when you lot were getting crowds in the 7 and 8 thousands. A prospect we might see again when you yet again choke your promotion challenge and the Malaysians withdraw their support.

It was a Tuesday night on a week that a hell of a lot of people go on holiday and we were playing a pretty uninspiring opponent, who brought hardly any. Of course, there'll be more on a Saturday against a more local adversary.

On the subject of attendances, Cardiff fans are on very shaky ground. Despite being the only professional side in the city of Cardiff and having - in theory - the whole of south-east and mid Wales as potential supporters, I remember the days when you lot were getting crowds in the 7 and 8 thousands. A prospect we might see again when you yet again choke your promotion challenge and the Malaysians withdraw their support.

Not to mention the chuffing bomb scare which brought the $hitty road system in this City to a standstill.

Plus it was pi$$ing down

I'm pretty sure that Johnson tripped Chopra up in the 1-1 FA Cup game after the goal that Gerken pretty much gifted them.

The weird thing about the 6-0 game is when the players came out the tunnel and I saw the team we had picked I said, obviously slightly tongue in cheek, 'we're going to lose this 6-0'. Don't think I've ever been so upset about correctly predicting a scoreline.

haha you've got a nerve. No more than 10 years ago at Ninian on a Tuesday night approx 7,000 crowd and 1,500 of those were from Bristol. How do you rate that 'support' ?? Amazing what a new stadium and spaffing loads of money can do to get bums on seats, despite the fact your players bottle it every season

I agree...Cardiff City do underperform compared to the city and catchment area size.

Still, 12,000...bless. ;)

As noted, your cup final on saturday so I expect a big crowd. Perhaps 15,000? Which will only be 6,000 less than we got on a wet friday night against Huddersfield with the game on TV..pretty good for Bristol City though.

haha you've got a nerve. No more than 10 years ago at Ninian on a Tuesday night approx 7,000 crowd and 1,500 of those were from Bristol. How do you rate that 'support' ?? Amazing what a new stadium and spaffing loads of money can do to get bums on seats, despite the fact your players bottle it every season

Stop living in the past old boy. It's 2012 here..

So do I.

GJ was our most successful manager in modern times and took us to within one game of the Prem. Tripping up Chopra hardly takes the shine off that achievement does it?

15,000? Which will only be 6,000 less than we got on a wet friday night against Huddersfield with the game on TV..pretty good for Bristol City though.

Watch dem crowds melt away son as your season slips and slithers yet again into another epic underachieve.

Then perhaps Mr Tan will move his franchise to somewhere beyond the reach of creditors and FFP rules. The Asian city of Cho-King might be appropriate. :)

I know it's a bit of banter, but perhaps best not to get to far ahead of ourselves.

We had a good result this week, but against a poor Palace side. Cardiff are the benchmark of a strong championships team ( whether we like it or not, they are) so how we perfrom on Saturday will tell us a lot about how competitive we really are this season. A draw will be a good result a win a bonus.

As for attendances, the brutal truth is that for a city the size of Bristol our attendances have been pretty dire for a few years now, other than for the all to brief periods of relative success. OK Cardiff have a new stadium and we want the same, and when we get it let's hope we can fill it at least to the same extend that Cardiff do.

Best to be careful throwing bricks at cardiff for the amount they pay in wages, bearing in mind we are still trying to claw our way back from a couple of seasons ago when we paid out more in wages than we made in income. They have a very wealthy owner but so do we, and Steve Lansdown has subsidised this club to a huge extent over recent years so are we any different from the bluebirds?

Whoops, sorry I forgot they are now the redbreasts, or robins or something - just like us really!!

Didn't we beat someone half decent the game after Wolves 1-6, live on Sky?

Thinking 2-1, seem to remember Ward walking through the Dolman shaking hands pre-game?

Pretty sure that was his last before Benny inherited.

I thought this was Benny''s first home game, having lost 5-0 to Bradford just before? I seem to remember us conceding 11 in 2 games.

Then we went to Sunderland and got a draw, Soren Andersen scored a peach. I think!

Watch dem crowds melt away son as your season slips and slithers yet again into another epic underachieve.

Then perhaps Mr Tan will move his franchise to somewhere beyond the reach of creditors and FFP rules. The Asian city of Cho-King might be appropriate. :)

Don't be so ridiculous. You know that we never slip and slither into underachievment, we blow up like a spectacular firework.

I reckon this year...FA Cup final, lose to a disputed penalty, followed by dropping into the play offs on the final game of the season..play off final, and lose to Blackpool again and that stupid manager with the accent like he comes from a rural backwwater. ;)

BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't be so ridiculous. You know that we never slip and slither into underachievment, we blow up like a spectacular firework.

I reckon this year...FA Cup final, lose to a disputed penalty, followed by dropping into the play offs on the final game of the season..play off final, and lose to Blackpool again and that stupid manager with the accent like he comes from a rural backwwater. ;)

BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :me?:

Archived