IGNORED

City 0 Cardiff 6

the frampton balti

I have very bad memories from that night

So do I.

I remember Wolves beating 1-6 at AG about 20 years ago and Cardiff hammering us 0-6 under Johnson who tried to trip up Chopra as he ran pass the City dugout having just scored. Good job Johnson had short legs otherwise he'd have been up on a FA and a criminal charge. There was a touchline photo taken which was all the evidence anyone wanted. It was all very embarrassing for Bristol City FC and another black mark against Johnson during his fall from grace.

I have very bad memories from hat night so hopefully we can put it right Saturday!!! My Dad and I only get to see a few games a year and that was one of them that year along with an away defeat to Plymouth which essentially saw GJ lose his job!!

Wierdly, I found that one [the Cardiff game] so bad it went beyond embarrassment to the stage where everyone in the stands was laughing. The Dolman was buzzing, paper aeroplanes were flying everywhere, hardly anyone left early and we started singing "we want seven!"

Although the defeat was the worst I've ever seen, the whole thing was curiously entertaining.

Wierdly, I found that one [the Cardiff game] so bad it went beyond embarrassment to the stage where everyone in the stands was laughing. The Dolman was buzzing, paper aeroplanes were flying everywhere, hardly anyone left early and we started singing "we want seven!"

Although the defeat was the worst I've ever seen, the whole thing was curiously entertaining.

I agree with you! Probably more entertaining than most of our football that season!

So do I.

I remember Wolves beating 1-6 at AG about 20 years ago and Cardiff hammering us 0-6 under Johnson who tried to trip up Chopra as he ran pass the City dugout having just scored. Good job Johnson had short legs otherwise he'd have been up on a FA and a criminal charge. There was a touchline photo taken which was all the evidence anyone wanted. It was all very embarrassing for Bristol City FC and another black mark against Johnson during his fall from grace.

Wolves was about 1999 wasnt it? As for Cardiff, yeah was a horrendous night and for me was the final nail in Mr J's coffin. I know it was away, but last seasons 5-0 drubbing up at Blackpool whilst Teflon stood their, arms folded, utterly clueless as per usual...ranked right up there with the lowest points. It was just another black mark against Teflon during his fall (not a very far fall by the way) from grace

So do I.

Wrong game pal, that was the 1-1 FA cup game 2 weeks before the 6-0.

I thought it was funny mind.

So do I.

Funny, as that Chopra incident was in an FA Cup tie that we drew 1-1. Sorry if this is pathetic nitpicking but considering your constant slandering of our ex-manager, I figure I can have this one. :mf_sleep:

Great night. I wasn't at the game, but listened on Radio Wales...just incredible stuff. 6-0. A goal for each finger on the average Bristolian hand..Sheer poetry.

I'll probably settle for just 5 this saturday.

You'll do well considering you've only scored 1nce in 2 games.

So do I.

My goodness, Robbored, will you never let it go?

It sounds like you wished there had been an FA and police investigation. An FA ban, a criminal prosecution and the sack would have been the perfect hattrick for you, wouldn't it? Surely these can't be to words of a man who only yesterday commented about the importance of getting behind the manager. You certainly got behind Gary Johnson throughout his time at Ashton Gate - his problem was that you had a knife in your hand all the while!

What if GJ had been investigated by the FA and the police, however would have you have celebrated such a momentus event? What about driving all your chums from north of the river up to London for a day out at Wembley?

Great night. I wasn't at the game, but listened on Radio Wales...just incredible stuff. 6-0. A goal for each finger on the average Bristolian hand..Sheer poetry.

I'll probably settle for just 5 this saturday.

Standard Cardiff fan.

I love it how the "fans" who so meekly accepted prostituting their club's history to pay off massive debts run up failing to get into the Prem still have the neck to gloat about that game. They have no shame.

So do I.

Who was the hypocrite who posted this less than 24 hours ago "No point re-opening old wounds EMB" ?.

So do I.

The Wolves game was back in the 98-99 season. When the 3 little pigs and the wolf were having a punch up at half time... Great Days! :bored:

Who was the hypocrite who posted this less than 24 hours ago "No point re-opening old wounds EMB" ?.

Different thread.

Just saying what I remember about that 0-6 drubbing that's all. That fact that Johnson was the manager at the time matters not.

Archived