IGNORED

City 0 Cardiff 6

the frampton balti

Didn't we beat someone half decent the game after Wolves 1-6, live on Sky?

Thinking 2-1, seem to remember Ward walking through the Dolman shaking hands pre-game?

Pretty sure that was his last before Benny inherited.

I think you are thinking of the Bolton game. We beat them 2-1 live on the box on a Friday night. Ward left during the following week after Benny's appointment was announced. That was followed by the 0-5 at Bradford and 1-6 at home to Wolves.

I thought this was Benny''s first home game, having lost 5-0 to Bradford just before? I seem to remember us conceding 11 in 2 games.

Then we went to Sunderland and got a draw, Soren Andersen scored a peach. I think!

You're right about the Wolves & Bradford games but Sunderland was whilst Ward was still in charge.

My issue re CBL's post is that Cardiff have their modern stadium, have their huge investment yet still get just 7k more than we do at our ramshackle little stadium.

While our crowds are smaller now, they were bigger than they got at Tinnion park and I have no doubt our attendances will be bigger should we eventually move.

Wether I would support a club which has had its' identity ripped away by a foreign investor is a different argument altogether.

Wierdly, I found that one [the Cardiff game] so bad it went beyond embarrassment to the stage where everyone in the stands was laughing. The Dolman was buzzing, paper aeroplanes were flying everywhere, hardly anyone left early and we started singing "we want seven!"

Although the defeat was the worst I've ever seen, the whole thing was curiously entertaining.

Yeah, I wasn't there, listened on the radio. Started well but then they scored with their first three attacks and we were utterly shell shocked.

What you describe above very much reminds me of a game against reading a few seasons back where we lost 4-0 (or maybe 4-1 actually, last minute consolation I think..), and the atmosphere for the final ten minutes, after cisse found the top corner with their fourth, was very surreal indeed.

I was sat in the williams, near the eastend and everyone decided they were now Reading supporters and were cheering every attack they made and there were the chants of we want five. The east enders were on form and were celebrating 'phantom' goals at random times as well (I dont know who was orchestrating that but it was bloody brilliant!) Which really seemed to be confusing the Reading lot next to them.

I suppose it's just a way of dealing with the pain as a fan, when it gets too bad you just have to block it out somehow.

Stop living in the past old boy. It's 2012 here..

2012 a memorable year in the history of Cardiff City, it all came to an end and the heart, soul, history and tradition all ripped out by a dubious owner with the promise of money and the 6,500 die hards and same amount of newbies all bent over vasolined their bum holes and took it.

it's 2012 here as well and we will enjoy it with pride.

Historically the Welsh have always been push overs to invaders, especially those with money.

PS:- Do you know what a 'RED' bluebird is?, A ROBIN.

That Reading game was an awesome atmosphere.In the East End for that and the spanking from Cardiff and I don't know how it works but it ranks up there with moments like Palace play offs/Hartlepool and promotion games.Just such a massive buzz from those games.

lose to Blackpool again and that stupid manager with the accent like he comes from a rural backwwater. ;)

BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not going dispute the stupidity of the skeletor-like figure you refer to, but I would just point out that Bristol is a larger city than Cardiff. Wales is rural with a few small towns.

I agree...Cardiff City do underperform compared to the city and catchment area size.

Still, 12,000...bless. ;)

As noted, your cup final on saturday so I expect a big crowd. Perhaps 15,000? Which will only be 6,000 less than we got on a wet friday night against Huddersfield with the game on TV..pretty good for Bristol City though.

If Bristol was the capital of England we would probably need a stadium capacity of 80,000. I think you should consider that Division 4 was the home of Cardiff for quite a long time and average attendances, please correct me if wrong, were around the 4-5k mark, if you were lucky. Now that you have your gleaming corrugated tin shack and a tin pot pseudo fan owner from the ex colonies you think you are jimmy big bollox all of a sudden.

You are very welcome to your short term brand overhaul and extremely limited success with your massive 'capital of wales' attendances of 18-20k. As for me, and I am sure somewhere around the 100% mark of my fellow City fans will concur, I will sit very happily with a team and a club that is owned by a Bristolian and that takes the long view to sustained success on a rock of tradition that will never be tossed like a Kuala Lumpan Curry following a night of debauchery in the hovels of the Malaysian capital.

Win or lose this saturday I would not be at all surprised if we are ahead of you come the end of the season.

I must not be as lazy as I thought TRL.I pressed the post button four times when once should of really been enough.Dont worry I am having a nice lie down now and a good early night should see me back to my under performing best.

I thought this was Benny''s first home game, having lost 5-0 to Bradford just before? I seem to remember us conceding 11 in 2 games.

Then we went to Sunderland and got a draw, Soren Andersen scored a peach. I think!

We drew with Sunderland with the spawny Soren Andersen 90th minute goal after getting peppered for 90 mins. John Ward was in charge at that point, he played 5-4-1 and we got battered. We then got our next points against Crewe at home in the 5-2. We then beat Bolton at home on the Friday night 2-1 which i believe was John Wards last game. The following two games were Bradford away (0-5) and Wolves home (1-6 and the 3 little piggies fight).

Great night. I wasn't at the game, but listened on Radio Wales...just incredible stuff. 6-0. A goal for each finger on the average Bristolian hand..Sheer poetry.

I'll probably settle for just 5 this saturday.

Brilliant, these comments regarding inbreeding and subsequent genetic mutations from a genuine welshman. Whatever next!

I must not be as lazy as I thought TRL.I pressed the post button four times when once should of really been enough.Dont worry I am having a nice lie down now and a good early night should see me back to my under performing best.

Good lad, don't want you getting ahead of Killa in the trying stakes. Make sure you have a nice sleep in as well, so you can hit the board nice and slow in the arvo.

Get that pressing finger bandaged, you may have done some damage!

When I clicked onto that link it redirected to a web site called 'Local Slappers' which, appropriately enough, appeared to be a site for whoring. Is this deliberate and part of the joke or just a happy coincidence?

It won't be on my search history, will it?

EDIT: it's not doing it now....bizarre.

When I clicked onto that link it redirected to a web site called 'Local Slappers' which, appropriately enough, appeared to be a site for whoring. Is this deliberate and part of the joke or just a happy coincidence?

It won't be on my search history, will it?

EDIT: it's not doing it now....bizarre.

:photo: All together now......

"There were 12 sheep shaggers in a field".............................

Good lad, don't want you getting ahead of Killa in the trying stakes. Make sure you have a nice sleep in as well, so you can hit the board nice and slow in the arvo.

Get that pressing finger bandaged, you may have done some damage!

TRL you have shown you are a man of monumental wisdom.I will instruct the current Mrs Slacker to furnish my with my slippers and piping hot ovaltine before retiring to my chaise longe.I look forward to rejoining the enlightening social intercourse that is OTIB after elevenses on the morrow.

Archived