IGNORED

Bristol City Vs Cardiff City Match Thread!

East end Forever

I think what we're asking for is a bit of balance. What's wrong with posters giving some credit when we're playing well? Nothing wrong with criticising us when we're crap.

Well I haven't been looking at their posts to see if the have congratulated the team

I am a moaner,as dubbed on here, but I do recognise good performances and changes when I see them.

Extremely proud!!!

Not only at beating Cardiff - but the manner in which we played. With Monk at the back to give us that extra steel and guile, we not only look play-off hopefuls but promotion certainties.

What's great to see is how Del has not only got

the players playing as a team - but as a squad.

Also, the experience of having to play for the clubs survival against relegation to League One, has seen an improved spirit in last seasons squad members.

Very proud....

Does it really matter though, these are their opinions, some of them I share, some I don't, It isn't really a points scoring competition. Yes they may hve been quiet, and might come back when results are not so great. But this forum would be a very boring place if everyone thought City were brilliant all the time.

I remember you slating Woolford, the same way I slate Killkenny. all about opinions, and opinions can be changed over time.

Don't see the point in picking out individual posters. this is a place for debate, not ridicule surely?

My criticism of Woolford was founded over an 18 month period where he did little or nothing and nobody can dispute that, myself and many other posters also claimed there was a good footballer in there but just not coming out at BCFC and perhaps he might benefit from a fresh start, luckily the manager obviously felt differently and his persistence has been proved correct.

As for these individual posters they have criticised virtually every signing, every team selection and said even before a ball was kicked in anger that DMC was not good enough to be our manager, we all have different opinions about players, selections and tactics but with some people it is not about opinion it becomes more like a lifestyle option when they criticise everything about the club down to and including SL.

Funny that, been busy doing other things. and checking in when I can. Sorry for not pandering to your beck and calls so you can all moan about the moaners not moaning or go In your face or whatever the current parlance is.

Two decent wins. Looking promising, let's see if we keep it up

True, we'd of had to of won 8-0 in both gamed for them to classed as good wins. :facepalm:

Funny that, been busy doing other things. and checking in when I can. Sorry for not pandering to your beck and calls so you can all moan about the moaners not moaning or go In your face or whatever the current parlance is.

ONE DECENT WIN AND ONE VERY GOOD win. Looking promising, let's see if we keep it up

sorted that out for you. palace were poor but the result against cardiff was brilliant. well done city

Good CB signs and I really believe we could get play-offs, obviously it's early days but it's clear to see we are a different animal from last season.

3 games for 6 points this season, took us lik 10 games for 6 last season?

Play offs? Easy tiger....small steps. As long as we're moving forward and improving year on year, that's all we can ask

With Monk at the back to give us that extra steel and guile, we not only look play-off hopefuls but promotion certainties.

Certainties?? Steady on. Great start and things look very promising, but very early days. Would be happy with top ten personally.

And this is why I cut down posting, You are now moaning against a poster for saying that we had a decent win. WtH??

One of the definitions of the word 'decent' is as as a substitute for the word 'good' So stop, moaning for the sake of it. It really is the worst on here at the moment.

Anyway Iam off for a cider or 64 :)

Drowning your sorrows at 2 wins?.

Great bloke, see him ocasional, mostly at funerals (such is life).

Is this the first time he's been mentioned on here?

I first met him as a kid, probably 1962ish, when footballers were on a basic weekly wage during the season and only the top players were paid this all year round, the other players had their money cut in half for the summer and either worked at AG doing repair work including painting etc. to make up the other half of their wages or worked elsewhere and Shadow used to work as a labourer doing building work during the summer, he was doing a job near where I lived and he used to play football with all of us local kids during his lunch break, a real legend along with Brian Clark allowed to leave prematurely.

I first met him as a kid, probably 1962ish, when footballers were on a basic weekly wage during the season and only the top players were paid this all year round, the other players had their money cut in half for the summer and either worked at AG doing repair work including painting etc. to make up the other half of their wages or worked elsewhere and Shadow used to work as a labourer doing building work during the summer, he was doing a job near where I lived and he used to play football with all of us local kids during his lunch break, a real legend along with Brian Clark allowed to leave prematurely.

Sorry, who? Never heard of him

Is it just me or do we look a lot fitter? The whole team looked very sharp yesterday and our energy levels were fantastic. We got right in their faces.

Woolford looks like a completely different player, and in effect it's like having a new signing!!

Really pleased for him after all the stick he has got! Long may it continue!

• Admin

Is it just me or do we look a lot fitter? The whole team looked very sharp yesterday and our energy levels were fantastic. We got right in their faces.

Woolford looks like a completely different player, and in effect it's like having a new signing!!

Really pleased for him after all the stick he has got! Long may it continue!

It's not just you, many people have been commenting on just that this season :)

Archived