IGNORED

One Reason I Admire Cardiff

Welcome To The Jungle

Pretty unintelligent rubbish on this thread. The Cardiff fans have little say in what goes on - sh't happens. At least some foreign investor sees some potential there. Slag them off for changing the colour of their shirts - but all of you mugs still fork out £45 a season for the 'new' shirt despite it being little more than a cosmetic change. A question ... what matters? The shirt or the league position? If some foreign $b pumped his/her fortune into City which meant we were actually in the Premier League, would you turn it down if it meant City had to play in blue shirts? I couldn't give a sh't to be honest about the colour of the kit ... it's pretty irrelevant. And if wearing red matters more than where we play in terms of league position ... I suspect that you're probably one of those kids who is worried about QCA moving the goal posts so that your GCSE English is a D rather than a C!

Your not talking to kids fella.

Your talking to people who have principles,beliefs and bottle.

For the record, I dont buy shirts,I don't hanker for the Prem,the fans ARE the club and our clubs colour is red.

http://www.toffs.com/Bristol-City-1909-FA-Cup-Final/productinfo/1909/

omg - I am going to stop supporting City ... we once played in blue ...

In a fa cup final, Add to that last season away kit had blue, plus wembley 2000.

Non of those were our home kit, none of those were by forgien owners trying to fill their own boots, none of them were done for money reasons only.

I fail to see how that helps your arguement.

http://www.toffs.com/Bristol-City-1909-FA-Cup-Final/productinfo/1909/

omg - I am going to stop supporting City ... we once played in blue ...

The FA ordered both us and Manchester United to change our kits because we both played in red. For one match.....ordered by the FA....not for cash.

Bristol City almost went squits in the 80's. You currently rack up large annual losses..don't think you are immune.

You, personally may have said '*** you' but I'm extremely confident that when faced with a choice of a colour change or potential liquidation you would reluctantly accept the latter.

Cardiff fans don't exactly have a reputation for being meek and mild ya know, and the clubs history is solidly blue..if it happens at Cardiff it can happen anywhere.

That's the truth, kid yourself all you like, but Bristol City fans would have done the same.

We nearly died in the 80s which is EXACTLY why we'd never let someone who wasn't a fan of the club take it on and why we'd never accept what you have. Your plastic fans only have yourselves to blame, you let Hamman and Ridsdale blind you with empty promises, your greed got the better of you and you allowed them to run you so far into the red you've had to prostitute your club to survive. Don't kid yourself that it could happen to anybody, it hasn't has it?

Our losses are underwritten by the owner, he puts his cold hard cash in as loans which convert to stock, it's equity investment not the kind of asset stripping you let Hamman get away with. That's because he's a fan.

Pretty unintelligent rubbish on this thread. The Cardiff fans have little say in what goes on - sh't happens. At least some foreign investor sees some potential there. Slag them off for changing the colour of their shirts - but all of you mugs still fork out £45 a season for the 'new' shirt despite it being little more than a cosmetic change. A question ... what matters? The shirt or the league position? If some foreign $b pumped his/her fortune into City which meant we were actually in the Premier League, would you turn it down if it meant City had to play in blue shirts? I couldn't give a sh't to be honest about the colour of the kit ... it's pretty irrelevant. And if wearing red matters more than where we play in terms of league position ... I suspect that you're probably one of those kids who is worried about QCA moving the goal posts so that your GCSE English is a D rather than a C!

The history of the club matters. No kids here, just actual fans.

I'd turn down Premier League if it meant accepting a foreign investor in a heartbeat, because I don't trust people to run the club that aren't already fans. And that's not what Cardiff got for selling out is it? They got one final outside chance at promotion, and probable ruin when they fail.

You seem to have a pretty deep hatred of football, I do wonder why you bother?

so the City fans boycotted the game because we played in blue?! My grandfather didn't have a problem ..

I doubt it, as we didn't play rovers in a league game untill 1922 do I doubt there was much of an issue over using blue.

You fail to see the whole money aspect of it. I expecting your just trolling now, so will leave it at that.

Nibor ... I was at the Gate 64-65 ... I love football ... but hate all this corporate crap. Dynamic ticket pricing ... Today I watched my local non league team ... turned up at 3pm and paid cash on the gate. I can't be bothered with all this pre booking etc. My grand father's best mate was Ivor Guy ... so don't talk to me about history etc.

I doubt it, as we didn't play rovers in a league game untill 1922 do I doubt there was much of an issue over using blue.

You fail to see the whole money aspect of it. I expecting your just trolling now, so will leave it at that.

Exactly

It's no different to playing in Gold for the LDV final against Stoke in 2000. in 1909, Rovers were not a league club, there was no rivalry reason for not choosing blue to play in for one game.

I wonder if Cardiff fans would be happy to play in White shirts and shorts if the price is right?

Nibor ... I was at the Gate 64-65 ... I love football ... but hate all this corporate crap. Dynamic ticket pricing ... Today I watched my local non league team ... turned up at 3pm and paid cash on the gate. I can't be bothered with all this pre booking etc. My grand father's best mate was Ivor Guy ... so don't talk to me about history etc.

I don't see what relevance your Grandad's mate has to your rather random views on whether City fans would accept a foreign investor.

I don't know why you care that you can pay cash on the gate instead of pay it online and get in quicker, but it was POTD today and the prices have gone down, and it was a game of interest, so you've got some neck coming on here criticising city fans who did actually go.

Good luck on your mission to time travel back to the 60s.

Discussed this at length today. If city 'did a Cardiff' I'd probably become your standard prem supporter, I'd have about as much connection to a city team that has sold its soul and plays in blue as I would to lets say... Everton. So I might as well support them! Better standard of football after all?

Fact of the matter was that in our scenario, we held out for a local businessman, which we eventually got; our current chairman/investor is a long term fan of the club with his son on the board of directors. Cardiff could've surely held out for a more local investor who was a fan of the club such as we did? Just how much were Cardiff's debts?

There should've been so many other options for a solution to a club facing breakdown, they could restart, slashed wages, focused on the academy (such as Reading, who follied their time by wheeler dealing due Madejski being almost broke due to projects he took up outside of football, while making only profit sellingplayers from their academy, ie. Sigurdsson to Hoffenheik for 8m w/ 15% sell on fee), they could have restarted the club as a whole; heck, at the time, Port Vale manager Micky Adams helped bale the club he worked for out!

While I can say football has become very money dependant, it should never amount to the extent that some malaysian businessmen waltzes into cardiff and offers the ultimatem "Play in Red, Get money now", this should never be acceptable.

Even as rivals, I used to hold a smidge of respect for Cardiff City FC, as even a few on here may do, as many other clubs that are rivals may do for you being our main local rivels in terms of division, alot of clubs and fans across the football league, especially clubs such as Wimbeldon, Aldershot, can now fairly think to themselves they may of restarted, but their pride is intact. If your club was run properly.. That situation should never have come to fruition.

I was stunned by the amount of red shirts in the crowd when Cardiff played on the tele last weekend. Simply embarrassing.

Let me be clear, my opinion of Cardiff and their fans was never exactly high, but I didn't expect them to be so pathetic in the way they have just sold out their history.

Tip of the iceberg for you Dragons.

Dato Tan and his Tan clan have a history of changing stuff.

One of Australias biggest races is now called the Dato Tan stakes - because he wanted it.

You will have Malaysian writing on your pretty red tops soon, be supping Malaysian beer and dining on pork balls and noodles.

Your players will be on Malay TV and Tans kid will be in charge of new signings - an asian lad next I would think.

And you will all bend over and take it up the wrong un - again.

Soul Crew - Sold Out crew more like.

Theyve already brought a south korean for about 2.5mil. Dont think hes even got a work permit yet. Im quite confident their manager hadnt even heard of him 2 months ago let alone had him on his wish list. The 'you buy what we say you will buy' has already begun. When has that situation ever worked in the past?

How can you admire a load of scabs ( for want of a better word).

No principles,no bottle,no protest,no soul,and worst of all,no shame.

No offence but were all humans and were all city fans but put your self in there situation and we would all do the same support your club and hope to get promoted even if it means selling your soul. I

I do apologise for kinda siding with Cardiff but thy didnt have no say in the matter

Bristol City almost went squits in the 80's. You currently rack up large annual losses..don't think you are immune.

You, personally may have said '*** you' but I'm extremely confident that when faced with a choice of a colour change or potential liquidation you would reluctantly accept the latter.

Cardiff fans don't exactly have a reputation for being meek and mild ya know, and the clubs history is solidly blue..if it happens at Cardiff it can happen anywhere.

That's the truth, kid yourself all you like, but Bristol City fans would have done the same.

Personally I think you're right. Principles are easier to have hypothetically. In reality if it were a colour change or bust, I'd just want the club to keep going and would keep wearing my red.

Having said that I'd also realise that other fans would leap onto that as a reason to taunt and tease so CBL, I think you'll have to just suck it up and take it for the time being.

No offence but were all humans and were all city fans but put your self in there situation and we would all do the same support your club and hope to get promoted even if it means selling your soul. I

I do apologise for kinda siding with Cardiff but thy didnt have no say in the matter

No mate,YOU may well do what you state,but don't talk for others.

Let's talk about the Wimbledon fans then, or aren't they human brings!

Look what they have done.

I don't really see what your granddad's relationship with an ex city player had to do with me? It's your attitude towards "soccer" I can't fathom out!

When you get to his (?) age a bit of late night trolling is good for the insomnia!

Archived