IGNORED

Poor Crowds

bristolcitysweden

Probably one of the following:

A) people still on hol

B) Non league footy season has began

C) people had been assuming tues night was a one off and we'd lose y'day.

I expect next home game (Blackburn I think) will be 17-18k purely on who it is and more if we keep playing well.

for both CP and Cardiff.

Main reason with incredibly fair priced tickets?

People disillusioned?

Coming recession?

Early kick off?

Guess recession but would be interesting to get your opinion on why people are not turning up.

Cheers.

clear.cache.gif

Coming recccesion ??? We are now in the longest economic crisis in over 100 years . It now worst than the 1930s it as been reported this week.

Crowds will increase , we have had 2 and a half years of sh1t football so it will take time for a few fans to come back but they will.

It's going to take a lot more than two good results to get supporters to come back, remember we have had to endure some pretty poor team performances in the last couple of seasons, coupled with the fact that we have had plenty of false dawns in the past, but IF the team continues to improve crowds will steadily return I'm sure.

I go weather we win or lose. But I know a lot of people that after 2 years of not very good football have given up. After 1 good game on tues its not going to bring them all back for what could have been a very tough game and a potential ass kicking. Thankfully we looked like the great new city we saw on tues night and long may it continue. I should imagine as long as it does continue, the attendance figures will rise week by week. I really hope we see the same great football we've witnessed this week.

I don't think it's a Bristol City problem.

Having looked through the paper this morning I noticed there were four, maybe five games with smaller attendances than Ashton Gate.

Noticeably Blackburnm who I think had something just over 13,000 (?)

Last seasons average was only 13,845 and that figure would've been swelled by the cheap ticket offers toward the end of the season and of course the WHU sell out,.

The people who haven't attended have missed out. Two excellent performances, quick passing and movement, the like I haven't seen since Joe Jordans promotion side, and eight goals to boot.

The holiday season is probably at its peak right now, so we need to hope that our bubble doesn't burst too early (if at all!!!) so that when peoples Saturday routines return, a trip to Ashton Gate will still be worth the entrance fee.

Gutted I could not be there yesterday, I was at a wedding which is probably another excuse at this time o the year.

But like most said, some of us go win lose or draw but the past 2 years how many times have we been happy on a Sat night?

They will come back once they hear what's happening down the gate, this I hope is a new dawn, but some might think its a false dawn before they return.

The courts have 5-15 city fans in every week. 99% end up with some form of banning order

Funny because according to the home office there are currently 25 banning orders in place at Bristol city

So explain how 5-15 city fans are banned every week? Or are the government figures wrong?

Funny because according to the home office there are currently 25 banning orders in place at Bristol city

So explain how 5-15 city fans are banned every week? Or are the government figures wrong?

Just been looking at those figures and see Grimsby have 79 !!

for both CP and Cardiff.

Main reason with incredibly fair priced tickets?

People disillusioned?

Coming recession?

Early kick off?

Guess recession but would be interesting to get your opinion on why people are not turning up.

Cheers.

clear.cache.gif

Couldn't make it as it was my brothers in law indian wedding in nottingham ,

Ridiculous prices IMO. I genuinely don't really care whether we're doing well or not, I'd be down the gate if we were non-league.

Getting on for 30 quid a game though I can't knock anyone that doesn't feel like paying that.

It doesn't cost 30 quid this season

If you buy early it's cheaper so not an excause

I know of 8 so reckon theres more than you think.

The stats are a season out of date but they won't have changed that much.

So which is the worst club based on banning orders per 1000 average home attendance?

See the SAGS go shooting up that particular league after the Wycombe farce.

It doesn't cost 30 quid this season

If you buy early it's cheaper so not an excause

Still expensive, with everything going up in price, food petrol drink etc etc, something has to give. Football unfortunately.

They is every excuse to stop going because of the price. Season tickets, to be fair, offer quite good value at around 15 a game. But with people losing jobs struggling to pay mortgages or rent, combined with the other things mentioned... Well it is still expensive, and far too expensive if you are taking family members as well.

Archived