IGNORED

Swindon..

Sidebet

No they dont. Only a few fair weather fans...the hardcore Westham fans love him and would have him back tomorrow. Ideally with DiCanio at No 2.

If DiCanio gets Swindon up to the Champ then Wham will offer him the job next season...Thats what he has been told...

Arry has to be nailed on for the Wham job.

If only to see the arrogant patronizing smug look wiped from fat Sam's ugly boat race.

It's going to happen soon and I for one can't wait

Hate the club. Horrible arrogant little fans, manager is not much different, pundits have always had a slight obsession with them!

As I live in Wiltshire, as a few may do on here I really cannot stand seeing them doing well because all the fans come out of the closet then.

It's funny how just up the road is a very friendly ambitious club of the same size called Cheltenham Town.

Swindle could learn a lot from them .

It's funny how just up the road is a very friendly ambitious club of the same size called Cheltenham Town.

Swindle could learn a lot from them .

Do you live in Bristol?

If you live in Wiltshire you do not know how bad some of the Swindon fans are, in my eyes they are my rivals, more than Rovers and Cardiff! But yeah I do agree I like Cheltenham and Yeovil because they are ambitious, friendly and realistic, but Swindon however...

What a good result this evening. A real football town ... And an excellent manager with a passion that is unrivalled ... and over 18 000 last weekend ...

The PA figure quoted blindly by most sources was 10K out - it was over 8,000 not over 18,000. The County Ground only has a 15K capacity.

We'll be seeing Swindle next season, I think.

Doesn't stop the town being an utter dump and mockney disgrace to the West Country and the fans being inbreeds though. IMHO of course :icecream:

Do you live in Bristol?

If you live in Wiltshire you do not know how bad some of the Swindon fans are, in my eyes they are my rivals, more than Rovers and Cardiff! But yeah I do agree I like Cheltenham and Yeovil because they are ambitious, friendly and realistic, but Swindon however...

Yes I live in Bristol, and I probably detest Swindle more than the Barcelona of league 2

Well I simply hate Swindle.

A small town in Wiltshire.

Crap ground.

Crap fans who think they're bigger than they actually are.

Had almost as much financial problems as Portsmouth and have a Nazi as a manager

I couldnt disagree with you more.

Am living in Swindon at the moment, as got married to a girl who lives in Swindon last year.

She has a number of friends who are die hard Swindon fans and they are all really nice friendly people. We certainly have a good bit of banter but cannot really say a bad word against them.

Well I simply hate Swindle.

A small town in Wiltshire.

Crap ground.

Crap fans who think they're bigger than they actually are.

Had almost as much financial problems as Portsmouth and have a Nazi as a manager

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I grew up in Gloucestershire surrounded by Swindle fans (well, most of them support Swindle AND Man Yoo) and they are some of the mouthiest, irritating supporters I've come across. They are the definition of 'sing when you're winning', you don't hear a peep out of them when they're struggling, but as soon as they put a couple of wins together they are everywhere. I know a couple of diehards and I have respect for them, but 90% of the 'fans' I know are bandwagon jumpers, hence why half of them support Man United too.

Poxy little club in a poxy little town who happen to have finally stumbled across a very good manager. They're on a par with the Gas for me, having grown up 10 miles from that godforsaken dump. I took great pride in being the only City fan in my school, and believe me they hate us. 15 years of crap off their part-time fans has made me very bitter. Thankfully I now live in South London and can channel some of my bitterness at Palace. :icecream:

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I grew up in Gloucestershire surrounded by Swindle fans (well, most of them support Swindle AND Man Yoo) and they are some of the mouthiest, irritating supporters I've come across. They are the definition of 'sing when you're winning', you don't hear a peep out of them when they're struggling, but as soon as they put a couple of wins together they are everywhere. I know a couple of diehards and I have respect for them, but 90% of the 'fans' I know are bandwagon jumpers, hence why half of them support Man United too.

Poxy little club in a poxy little town who happen to have finally stumbled across a very good manager. They're on a par with the Gas for me, having grown up 10 miles from that godforsaken dump. I took great pride in being the only City fan in my school, and believe me they hate us. 15 years of crap off their part-time fans has made me very bitter. Thankfully I now live in South London and can channel some of my bitterness at Palace. :icecream:

I hear exactly what you are saying. I live on the outskirts of Swindon towards gloucestershire. I work with a Swindon fan, last season he kept saying your sh1t, your going down. I enjoy talking to any football fans but he is an arse. As far as he is concerned his club is the & only and he will not have a bad word said about it. I like the area here but hate the club. I would love nothing more than to see the club fold. Horrible club, horrible plastic fans and a nazi of a manager

What a good result this evening. A real football town ... And an excellent manager with a passion that is unrivalled ... and over 18 000 last weekend ...

A good result this evening, your right. It hasn't always been this way though, as you would know, that's why they were playing bottom league football last season.

Excellent manager maybe, if you don't mind the odd Nazi in wiltshire.

Not really a real football town though is it?

Similar situation to what I am in! Most of the Swindon fans in Trowbridge support Man United when Swindon aren't doing so well!

Similar situation to what I am in! Most of the Swindon fans in Trowbridge support Man United when Swindon aren't doing so well!

I was beginning to think it was just me who felt this way... Reading this forum I've seen numerous posts praising them and their manager these past few months. They're a plastic little club with a right-wing looney as a manager (albeit a good manager), and they're local rivals (ok not as big as the Gas or Cardiff) - come on people, it's making my blood boil! Make no mistake, behind Oxford, Swindle fans hate US more than anyone!

I was beginning to think it was just me who felt this way... Reading this forum I've seen numerous posts praising them and their manager these past few months. They're a plastic little club with a right-wing looney as a manager (albeit a good manager), and they're local rivals (ok not as big as the Gas or Cardiff) - come on people, it's making my blood boil! Make no mistake, behind Oxford, Swindle fans hate US more than anyone!

I remember my next door neighbour was a Swindon Town fan, one time the night before we played them he was chanting Swindon Town songs before the game had even started. Well, 24 hours on City were 2-0 winners and I didn't hear a peep from him for about 6/7 months and never even spoke to me about Football when I saw him after this.

Believe me, they hate us, some hate us as much as Oxford! They aren't a friend of City's!

I would say we are a ' sing when we are winning ' club aswell though. Some Bristol City fans are quite hypocritical.

Some Bristol City fans are sing when winning of course, but believe me, Swindon have an incredibly high proportion of these fans from my experience. Win or lose, I've always been proud to be the only City fan amongst a bunch of Swindles. And I've always been vocal about it, even when we've been struggling.

Some Bristol City fans are sing when winning of course, but believe me, Swindon have an incredibly high proportion of these fans from my experience. Win or lose, I've always been proud to be the only City fan amongst a bunch of Swindles. And I've always been vocal about it, even when we've been struggling.

Couldnt agree more; I live in Reading and not only do I have to deal with Reading fans coming out of the woodwork given their run last year but also a few Swindle fans and the odd Cardiff fan that pops up here and there. And they are very much in your face when the going gets good but never hear a peep from them when the shitter is against them win or lose last year I gave it as good as I got and wasnt afraid to tell others I was a city fan despite our place at the time.

Shitty little town, full of weirdos with Don Rogers haircuts and missing teeth

They don't need a football club.

I think the last time we played them in the league there it was billed as their biggest game for a decade and all they had was 14k.

Rubbish fans and rubbish support

To be honest, most of the bemoaning comments within this thread describe fans who represent all football teams. If you live in an area where there are lots of fans of the local club(s) then expect comments and deal with it! I live in Bedminster and work elsewhere in Bristol, I get these sort of comments directed at me by Bristol City fans. It's just harmless conversation.

Swindon Town have been in the mire for years and years, people outside of the fanbase loved every bit of that and now they can't stand it when there are indications the club could rise (and that's all it is at the moment). Fair enough, that's your opinion but it won't stop me enjoying these little moments just in the same way as you enjoy yours.

It was a good win.

To be honest, most of the bemoaning comments within this thread describe fans who represent all football teams. If you live in an area where there are lots of fans of the local club(s) then expect comments and deal with it! I live in Bedminster and work elsewhere in Bristol, I get these sort of comments directed at me by Bristol City fans. It's just harmless conversation.

Swindon Town have been in the mire for years and years, people outside of the fanbase loved every bit of that and now they can't stand it when there are indications the club could rise (and that's all it is at the moment). Fair enough, that's your opinion but it won't stop me enjoying these little moments just in the same way as you enjoy yours.

It was a good win.

You're exactly right, it is where you live and where you come from!

At least there is one Swindon fan that isn't too bad after all! Haha!

Lived in Swindle for 4 years and to be fair made some great friends and had some great times in the glory days but as far as the club goes... nah! The fans are extremely delusional when it comes to the club and if you try to have 'debate' about it their only response is oh have you been in the Premier League despite the fact we probably have been in the top flight longer anyway (Correct me if I'm wrong but still...) We havent been in what is now the new brand but tbh I wouldnt really want Swindles record of shipping 100 goals... embarrasing!! Once the managerial merry go round gets into full swing 'Di Cameo' will be gone to a bigger club and Swindle will be back to being some side show attraction (If they aint already anyway). Strange lot with an unusual fascination for roundabouts. :facepalm:

Haven't spotted too many Swindon shirts around Trowbridge - seen a mix of City/Rovers/Southampton. I don't work locally though, so can only go by what I see on the streets. Rough luck for you you having one as a neighbour. :bruce_h4h:

Haven't spotted too many Swindon shirts around Trowbridge - seen a mix of City/Rovers/Southampton. I don't work locally though, so can only go by what I see on the streets. Rough luck for you you having one as a neighbour. :bruce_h4h:

There's a few in Stroud to, always giving it the big 'un when they're doing well but when they're struggling you never hear nothing... one deluded guy in his 50s said that Swindle will be in Europe in 5 seasons guaranteed so I replied booking their holidays are they? Didnt go down too well :laughcont:

Archived