IGNORED

Off The Radar? Not Taken Seriously? Relegation Fodder?

Barrs Court Red

All we can do is continue to play like we have and if we finish in a decent place as a result then so be it. In this division no one can really not be taken seriously as even when we were nearly relegated last year we did the double on Southampton, didn't lose to West Ham etc.

Belief is a wonderful thing...

McDel was widely touted as a people person and now that he has got over the first hurdle and kept up, he has set about rebuilding this club from the bottom up and in addition, we now have someone at the helm who has played for a big club at the height of their success and is USED TO WINNING.

Another word that has been woefully missing since the early days of GJ = professionalism.

The players now know that they are here to do a job of work for the club and if they don't do it properly and maintain standards, they WILL be replaced as the manager will not support anyone he doesn't trust to fill the role. All a very far cry from the Millen regime...

Many people under estimate our manager, I never doubted he would make a success of us and I am REALLY looking forward to this season for the first time in ages, it is no longer a chore to go to AG, but a pleasure and I think we will go great guns this year...

For me, it's the details. For years our subs have just kicked a ball about a little bit at half-time - not anymore.

Last weekend, they were put through a rigorous 15 minute routine to ensure they were properly prepared in case they were needed. That, for me, is professionalism - it's about ensuring every last detail is thought about.

It's two great games so - in the words of Winston Wolf [Harvey Keitel] in Pulp Fiction: "Let's not start sucking each other's d!cks yet!"

BUT most of us knew you couldn't judge McInnes on what he'd inherited. He came in to do a job - keep us up - and he did it.

Now the club is being moulded around his principles, we can take a much more measured view and - as I and many others hoped - the coaching and man motivation that propelled St Johnstone forward seems to be working here.

Last season reminded me of the season GJ came in. He got in a load of players on loans or short contracts, many of who raised eyebrows but got us out of trouble. Then the following summer GJ started to build his side from scratch which ultimatley was succesful.

In some ways i think Del has done the same. He never got to bring to many new faces in but plenty of players featured that are not getting a look in now. It wasnt always the most expansive football being played and he left behind his favoured 442 formation to make us hard to beat and grind out enough points to keep us up. He took advantage of the contract situation to get rid of most of the deadwood (still some work to go tho) and has been patient in building the foundations of a good side. The football (bar Gillingham) has been unrecognisable from last term.

We have to remain grounded and not over react when we lose a couple of games on the bounce (you know who you are!) and who knows? For me a mid table finish and better football is what i'm looking for this season. Anything else will be a bonus

we'll stay off the radar because we are prob the 5th smallist club with teams like birmingham Blackburn and dare i say blackpool in the league we will largely go un-noticed unless we are fighting at the top come decemeber then we will be in the headlines a bit more,

Del's got the team playing how he wants and it looks like its going to be a good season at home but away we'll have to see what happens at Barnsley, a draw would be a good result

I'm a great believer in win your home games draw away and you will be there or ther about in the promotion race

To be honest I am still amazed that there were some questioning Del when we were on a bad run last term.

He has made some incredible signings that I personally did not expect and is slowly starting to put his own mark on things. For me it will still take time and I won't be getting carried away, but I 100% trust Del.

With him in charge we are in very good hands and there is certainly a feel good factor back at the club. Long may it continue!!

Aim has to remain to stay up in this league at the moment

I watched us at forest where we were awful

Hopefully now del has signed the players (strikers) he seemingly wants we will start to play more positively away from home, starting at barnsley on sat

Until this happens, survival is the aim of the game for me

must of been a different game to the rest of us we were not awful just are finishing was

Reminds me of the play off season. I'm getting a good feeling and for the first time since then everyone seems to be pulling in the same direction.

Have people forgot the fact that we have only played 3 games.

Survival is key, mid-table would be excellent.

Cant believe some of you lot are talking as if we are 25 games in, and in a play-off place.

Please.

Have people forgot the fact that we have only played 3 games.

Survival is key, mid-table would be excellent.

Cant believe some of you lot are talking as if we are 25 games in, and in a play-off place.

Please.

I thinks its more to do with the manor of the performances and the the manor of the wins for the last 5 years we've struggled to get 2 goals in a game,

this season we've hammered palace a team that normally gets a point at ashton gate and we've swept aside argulby one of the strongest teams in the league with out playing at full gear,

thats why expectations have sky rocketed, I'm still saying we'll finish tenth btw

We will stay under the radar for 2 reasons, 1) we are a small club by Chanpionship standards, looks at Blackburn, Bolton, Wolves, Leeds, Ipswich even likes of Burnley, Hull and Palarse have prem experience.

Also we don't have a manager who makes the headlines ie Hollowhead.

Looking At our club, we are probably, along with Peterborough the least talked about side in the league, even Barnsley have prem experience.

Absolutely reminds me of our first season up

I remember beating Sheff Weds in an early kick off to go top of the league after 4 or 5 games, everyone laughed, told us to enjoy our moment in the spotlight, because it isn't going to last. It did, even after getting mullered 6-0 at Ipswich, we picked ourselves up and got on with it. Looking at the table after the C*rdiff game it was like going back 5 years

Now, three games in, so, as Red-Robbo says, lets not get sucking anyone off right now - but it's a start. We're scoring goals, last seasons object of hatred (Woolford) has scored 3, we've just signed Davies and Baldock, got rid of Bertie Big B0llocks - things are looking up. Lets keep Albert, get that ugly centre half and see where we are end of October

This is beginning to feel more like DMc's side (think someone may have already said that), and it's looking promising. Lets not get carried away if we win, lets not get the noose's out if we lose. Gonna be a long ride, but we're City fans, we're used to that, it's what we do!

COYR!!

I thinks its more to do with the manor of the performances and the the manor of the wins for the last 5 years we've struggled to get 2 goals in a game,

this season we've hammered palace a team that normally gets a point at ashton gate and we've swept aside argulby one of the strongest teams in the league with out playing at full gear,

Exactly right.

After Forest who would have thought that City had 2 goals in two games in them let alone 8.

In both games it was refreshing to see attacking football at long last from City after sooo long of being subjected to the dreary stuff served up over the last few seasons. The last two games have been a breath of fresh air and long may it continue.

thats why expectations have sky rocketed, I'm still saying we'll finish tenth btw

I agree with what you say, also in the 2 home games we have also proved that when we ship a goal, we can score another to put games to bed, something that we have been unable to do for the past 5 years, in fact having shipped one we would usually go on shipping goals until we either lose or draw, so that is a new phenomena for us.

in our position the blocks of 10 games are a good barometer, but for me the trick is the next game is the next important game and inching our way towards safety first and see where it takes us. I think 10th would be a great improvement but I suspect DMC is expecting more.

Absolutely reminds me of our first season up

I remember beating Sheff Weds in an early kick off to go top of the league after 4 or 5 games, everyone laughed, told us to enjoy our moment in the spotlight, because it isn't going to last. It did, even after getting mullered 6-0 at Ipswich, we picked ourselves up and got on with it. Looking at the table after the C*rdiff game it was like going back 5 years

Now, three games in, so, as Red-Robbo says, lets not get sucking anyone off right now - but it's a start. We're scoring goals, last seasons object of hatred (Woolford) has scored 3, we've just signed Davies and Baldock, got rid of Bertie Big B0llocks - things are looking up. Lets keep Albert, get that ugly centre half and see where we are end of October

This is beginning to feel more like DMc's side (think someone may have already said that), and it's looking promising. Lets not get carried away if we win, lets not get the noose's out if we lose. Gonna be a long ride, but we're City fans, we're used to that, it's what we do!

COYR!!

Totally agree.

Not just a sense of humour woodsy but you speak sense too. :)

Last season reminded me of the season GJ came in. He got in a load of players on loans or short contracts, many of who raised eyebrows but got us out of trouble. Then the following summer GJ started to build his side from scratch which ultimatley was succesful.

In some ways i think Del has done the same. He never got to bring to many new faces in but plenty of players featured that are not getting a look in now. It wasnt always the most expansive football being played and he left behind his favoured 442 formation to make us hard to beat and grind out enough points to keep us up. He took advantage of the contract situation to get rid of most of the deadwood (still some work to go tho) and has been patient in building the foundations of a good side. The football (bar Gillingham) has been unrecognisable from last term.

We have to remain grounded and not over react when we lose a couple of games on the bounce (you know who you are!) and who knows? For me a mid table finish and better football is what i'm looking for this season. Anything else will be a bonus

+1

Those who say our aim is just to stay up... if that was the clubs aim Derek wouldn't be here and neither would the signings.

The board, staff and players are all clearly aiming for a push this season to see how high we can finish. Marvin Elliot summed it up at the game against Bournament when asked what are the teams aims for this season in which he replied ''promotion''

Archived