IGNORED

Charlton V City Match Thread

Esmond Million's Bung

All Tickets sold out within a couple of minutes of going on sale, Promotion party !!!!

Plus we all want to give Derek a standing ovation before he takes over the reins at Old Trafford next season.

A sad day in many respects, still the £50m compo will come in handy. This new manager, Guardiola, has got his eye on a few summer signings.

I haven't seen the team line-up but Louis won't be available, as he is picking up his knighthood from Buckingham Palace today.

Over 20? Just a few, as you know a couple more today ( who'd bet against it?) will see him overhaul Bob Taylor's 34 in all comps. in 89/90.

After The Wolf followed up his 3 in 3 games start by smashing home those 5 wonder goals at Barnsley it really looked like 40, or even a half century, wouldn't be beyond him.

That barren spell of just 5 in 9 games in Oct/Nov. was an unexpected set back, but what a way to end it with those 6 screamers against Wolves.

Well deserved call up for England, and you can't do much better than a hat trick on your debut and then taking over the Captaincy from your 2nd game.

The board did supremely well to hold their nerve and reject the 15m. offer from Man. City in January but I think we all know Mancini will be back to test their resolve with at least twice that amount during the close season.

Question is: Will City reject 30m+ for someone who could go on to be our greatest ever player? It's a lot of money but the board would need to bear in mind the massive backlash from adoring City fans if one of the most popular players in the club's' history was to be sold.

He's happy ay City where he's treated like a God, now we're promoted he can look forward to Captaining England to World Cup glory from Ashton Gate, and to sell a player whose name is now synonomous with Bristol City around the world could set the club back years.

Whatever Mancini, Di Matteo, Ferguson, or the Spanish giants offer.City MUST reject it.

Apologies Noggers, I completely forgot the 12 goals he scored while I was away on my golf week in the spring.

It will test the board's resolve to hold on the Woolford now that Barca have upped their offer - I mean Messi and £25m is tempting. However, Barca might be pushing it a bit by wanting us to play a pre season friendly at their place as part of the deal as I can't see us fitting that in along side the far east and USA tours we have planned. The key to keeping him might be the sucess of our merchanding sales as Ive heard that sales of Wooly relica City shirts are the best sellers across Asia.

It's a bloody good job OTIB hasn't got a drug screening policy, you lot would obviously fail big time :)

That's a good idea.

Maybe you guys could arrange a facility that occassionally informs users when they log on to OTIB that they have been selected for a random drugs/alcohol screening and they must make their way to BUPA immediately.

Just for a laugh, obviously. :)

Bad news january signing Akinde has been given the nod upfront maybe he can pay back the £1.5m we spent on him or at least score the 25 goals in 10 games he scored for Bristol Manor Farm. But the worse news is hes being partnered by Bas Savage. Baldock, Stead, Davies, Taylor and Pitman are mystified by Del Boys decision. IN DEL BOY WE TRUST.

Bad news january signing Akinde has been given the nod upfront maybe he can pay back the £1.5m we spent on him or at least score the 25 goals in 10 games he scored for Bristol Manor Farm. But the worse news is hes being partnered by Bas Savage. Baldock, Stead, Davies, Taylor and Pitman are mystified by Del Boys decision. IN DEL BOY WE TRUST.

What's the full starting 11, not on OS yet? Heskey playing LM again?

"Skysports understands forward Nicky Maynard has handed in a transfer request after mid-table Cardiff City failed to live up to there expectations. Maynard is believed to be targetting a return to run away leaders Bristol City in a bid to fullfill his ambition of playing in the Premier League. Bristol City manager Derek McInnes quickly dismissed the rumours in his pre-match interview"

"Skysports understands forward Nicky Maynard has handed in a transfer request after mid-table Cardiff City failed to live up to there expectations. Maynard is believed to be targetting a return to run away leaders Bristol City in a bid to fullfill his ambition of playing in the Premier League. Bristol City manager Derek McInnes quickly dismissed the rumours in his pre-match interview"

and added in a 'Sheila' Hollowayesque moment, he would have to ski down a mountain naked and backwards singing the Adge Cutler classic "virtue et industrial" to have any chance of a return to BCFC.

I heard that fat ba5tard at the gas actually made it to kick off before going off injured today!

I wonder if they will actually finish the game today, calling every home game off due to health and safety is taking the mick.

The season finished for me in March when we were guaranteed promotion TBH!

So we are looking forward to the last game of the season v Charlton. Nothing to play for and a chance to play a few youngsters before the summer break.

This season has been so much better than last with no relgation worries, but after the win against Cardiff at AG that promiosed so much more the season never really got going again after the defeat at Barnsley - our usuall failing against a side struggling to find 11 fit players and down to 10 men . Never mind onwards and upwards for 2013-14.

• Admin

Del really needs to try and convince the players somehow that this game is at Ashton Gate. I honestly don't understand how we can win all 23 games at Ashton Gate, scoring 92 goals in the process yet we've managed to lose all 22 away games 1-0?! If he could somehow we'll sneak that 6th place and should make the play-off final 4-2 or 4-3 on aggregate. :)

Del really needs to try and convince the players somehow that this game is at Ashton Gate. I honestly don't understand how we can win all 23 games at Ashton Gate, scoring 92 goals in the process yet we've managed to lose all 22 away games 1-0?! If he could somehow we'll sneak that 6th place and should make the play-off final 4-2 or 4-3 on aggregate. :)

:D

Cracking season this.

Can't believe the early bird renewal offer too. £10 for a family season ticket in the premier league. Fantastic.

Nice to see the board putting the fans first as they have done all season. Great move in December to introduce free all you can eat pies at all home games for the rest of the season. Take note Arsenal.

Bristol City - what a club.

(Though one slight complaint...I have gained six stone).

Archived