IGNORED

What Is Gas Fan Culture?

Cowshed

All fans are not the same.

Newcastle's are from a different planet, Arsenal's are the same as Hartlepool's while Reading are identical to Millwall. No

Fans in the same City often have different characteristics e.g Liverpool - Everton, Forest - County. The Gas and City are quite different.

Edit: If the Gas step it up, it might keep fans at the Gate on their toes.

So every single Rovers fan is a rapist?

This whole thread is just garbage for simpletons. We have just as many retards and criminal fans as the next club.

That is not what I was suggesting, no. I did not say every single Rovers fan was a rapist. In fact I did not use the term rape or rapist. Otherwise I would have worded it as "They are all rapists, aren't they?" or "All Rovers fans love raping innocent women".

My comment was in reference to the 'boob cricket' incident on Sat 22/10/11, which had nothing to do with rape.

Perhaps I worded it my post too much like a "simpleton", but hopefully the above clarifies the situation for you.

That is not what I was suggesting, no. I did not say every single Rovers fan was a rapist. In fact I did not use the term rape or rapist. Otherwise I would have worded it as "They are all rapists, aren't they?" or "All Rovers fans love raping innocent women".

My comment was in reference to the 'boob cricket' incident on Sat 22/10/11, which had nothing to do with rape.

Perhaps I worded it my post too much like a "simpleton", but hopefully the above clarifies the situation for you.

So what exactly was your original point?

Who really cares?

Most football fans are exactly the same.

Quite a few would care. often a buzz around citys support and if it was even close to reading that buzz would not be there. The west country vibe city have and only city really have the gas cant claim and that pirate thing they do !! Exactly the same way no way mate.

To be honest I think most clubs have their morons and our club is no different.

At the moment we are streets ahead of them in the pitch but equally only a season away from level pegging (1promotion and relegation). The gas will come back to league 1 at some point, up2us to stay in championship n push into the prem hopefully.

As for intelligence, fair to say the 2clubs fans r probably equally matched

Sorry mate, but I must pull you up there, they made a choice to support Rovers, thats makes us different in the same way a someone makes a choice to commit rape, or buggery.

You say you like rivalry, then object to rival banter posts, nothing in Monkehs post that is not found on all football forums, and then you say we are all the same, kinda contradicting yourself.

don't worry Ted CJ is a complete **** and stalks me if you read his posts he offers nothing to the debate he just critises me he'll soon **** off to the sad scrap heap where he belongs

I think what distinguishes 'Gas fan culture' is grandiloquent predictions at the early stages of the season:

"We're going to walk the league."

"We're the League Two Barcelona"

"Oh yes! You're going to be relegated."

"McGhee will be great at this level"

Followed by everything happening in exact reverse of said predictions.

Other than that, Gas fan 'culture' is like something that's found in a clap doctor's petri dish.

This is pretty much spot on Robbo but you missed "there's a new era coming"......that's my favourite

http://www.brfcforum...104907-fanzine/

Amusingly the Gas have had a little pop at fans at Ashton Gate. Beyond grown men dressing up as pirates. What do the Blackthorn Buccaneers have that is so different?

Irene?

A kit that looks like pre-school building blocks?

http://www.brfcforum...g-performances/

Great fans?

The street savvy will remember the Gas once were noted for their donkey jacket and evo stick look.

There is no shame, from this quarter, in telling the truth, and saying their kit is far superior to ours .. sorry chaps.. Ours is simply crap this season. Always liked the blue and white quarters. That is as far as the appreciation society goes however.

There is no shame, from this quarter, in telling the truth, and saying their kit is far superior to ours .. sorry chaps.. Ours is simply crap this season. Always liked the blue and white quarters. That is as far as the appreciation society goes however.

I don't like that kit, but it is a bit of a unique selling point. The suits at clubs are too ready to throw away what are often assets such as historical colours and tradition.

Their kit, with me not being a Bristol boy, is what swayed me towards City! Hated it, next door neighbour was a City fan - the rest is history

Same with Celtic and Rangers, always had a soft spot for Rangers as hated Celtic's hoops and the number on the back of their shorts, not shirt. Always had a soft spot for Norwich as Cam Bulldogs wore yellow and green when I was a kid.....

Small things eh!

When I was younger there was a huge difference between the the fans,the sags were donkey jacket,20 hole doc martin(as opposed to the original 6 hole sixties ones)wearing,nf supporting cretins,when we were wearing clothes from paridise garage and the casual look,we were into the Jam,PIL and even Devo,they were into OI bands,even now I think our fans are just that bit smarter.As for that famous shirt,they have only worn it for just over half of their history,whilst ours has remained mainly all red.

Thought the gulf in culture should be examined in more detail. Culture can be subjective, so here I have used numerous criteria.

Stands/Ends. Eastend - Dolman A/B V Tote - Blackthorn terrace. Dolman is no longer in its angry prime, but no contest here. One nil to the reds.

Fanzines. Bountyhunter v Gashead. Only ever saw one gas fanzine and it was a munter v the Bunter. Two nil.

Anthems. Drink up thy cider, I am a cider drinker, One for the Bristol City v Goodnight Irene. Songs about cider and celebration v suicide. Three nil.

Pubs. Three Lions v Essex ... And its Four nil.

Fashion. City had Casuals, Jaspers up Park street v the Tote army surplus shops. Five nil to BS3.

Fans events. City's flag day v dressing up as a backing group for the Village people. Six nil.

Street art. City's Ernie, sticker bombing and murals v Prowed to be a ... Its seven.

Ashton Gate v Eastville ... Eight.

Ashton Gate v Twerton .. Nine.

Ashton Gate v the Minimal ... TEN NIL

Dullness appears to be part of the Gases DNA. When it comes down to culture there is only team in Bristol for the street wise kid

don't worry Ted CJ is a complete **** and stalks me if you read his posts he offers nothing to the debate he just criticises me he'll soon **** off to the sad scrap heap where he belongs

Haha. haters still gonna hate. A CAPITAL letter here, the wrong choice of smiley there :o:rolleyes: bad grammer and spieling? :disapointed2se: Couple this with a strong opinion ...

I dont mind Sags or Baardiff its all just banter, I love have people take it seriously, I don't want to fight them or anything Jeez, Ill take the shit and give some back with no hard feelings, I hate them, but in controlled football sense, not personally, I don't know them personally.

Archived