IGNORED

What Is Gas Fan Culture?

Cowshed

http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/topic/104907-fanzine/

Amusingly the Gas have had a little pop at fans at Ashton Gate. Beyond grown men dressing up as pirates. What do the Blackthorn Buccaneers have that is so different?

Irene?

A kit that looks like pre-school building blocks?

http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/topic/105191-poll-is-our-home-support-affecting-performances/

Great fans?

The street savvy will remember the Gas once were noted for their donkey jacket and evo stick look.

Have a kit like no another but that shows how good the design is if nobody else uses it.

Adopted an insult as the club nickname.

Copied a song off Plymouth about suicide as a club anthem.

Unique.

Wycombe Wanderers (sorry to bring them up again). They dress like court jesters as well , don't they ?

I think what distinguishes 'Gas fan culture' is grandiloquent predictions at the early stages of the season:

"We're going to walk the league."

"We're the League Two Barcelona"

"Oh yes! You're going to be relegated."

"McGhee will be great at this level"

Followed by everything happening in exact reverse of said predictions.

Other than that, Gas fan 'culture' is like something that's found in a clap doctor's petri dish.

What is is the Gas fans culture?

Endlessly waiting for something exciting to happen. Watching them must be like waiting for a late train.You hope it will arrive but you don't when.....then you discover its been cancelled.

Ahem, cough, cough - you would have first hand knowledge of this Robbo, no.....!?

Blackburn had the kit a long time before the gas,

The gas have stolen about everything that makes them unique

Stolen ground

Stolen songs

Stolen Kit colours

Stolen nickname

The are nothing but gypsy's and thiefs,

The so called family club who have more banning orders has more crowd trouble then us,

They are vile scum end of

Blackburn had the kit a long time before the gas,

The gas have stolen about everything that makes them unique

Stolen ground

Stolen songs

Stolen Kit colours

Stolen nickname

The are nothing but gypsy's and thiefs,

The so called family club who have more banning orders has more crowd trouble then us,

They are vile scum end of

What a tragic post. Bristol Rovers is just another football club; their fans are no different to ours. I like a bit of rivalry, but the comments on this thread are childish and unpleasant. We have very little to crow about, given our history of underachievement.

[NB the plural of gypsy is 'gypsies'; the plural of thief is 'thieves'. I daresay even a few gasheads would know that!]

What a tragic post. Bristol Rovers is just another football club; their fans are no different to ours. I like a bit of rivalry, but the comments on this thread are childish and unpleasant. We have very little to crow about, given our history of underachievement.

[NB the plural of gypsy is 'gypsies'; the plural of thief is 'thieves'. I daresay even a few gasheads would know that!]

From Prowed to be a gashead to Pirate days to the Totes dodgy right wing past to fashion. There is and always has been a clear difference.

Sorry mate, but I must pull you up there, they made a choice to support Rovers, thats makes us different in the same way a someone makes a choice to commit rape, or buggery.

You say you like rivalry, then object to rival banter posts, nothing in Monkehs post that is not found on all football forums, and then you say we are all the same, kinda contradicting yourself.

Archived