IGNORED

You Heard Del!

Lew-T

• Admin

I understand that bill but phantom is always moaning about ticket prices and we have our cheapest yet,

Err. no I don't !!

Was actually pointing out the FACT that last season, our best gates came at the end of the season when the prices were reduced.

YES, season tickets are the cheapest way of getting a seat, but not everyone can afford this, what about the fan that can't get to all the home games ?

BTW Monkey, glad to see you are defending everything again :laugh: !

Err. no I don't !!

Was actually pointing out the FACT that last season, our best gates came at the end of the season when the prices were reduced.

YES, season tickets are the cheapest way of getting a seat, but not everyone can afford this, what about the fan that can't get to all the home games ?

we have £10 gates for every home game you can wave good bye to legaue football and the club its that simple,

I defend the club i support if some of you did the saamew instead of slag everything about the club off we would probbily see anothe 1000 added to the gate, but continue to be an armchair supporter by all means ****

• Admin

we have £10 gates for every home game you can wave good bye to legaue football and the club its that simple,

I defend the club i support if some of you did the saamew instead of slag everything about the club off we would probbily see anothe 1000 added to the gate, but continue to be an armchair supporter by all means ****

Where did I say every game ?

Like I keep saying, reducing the prices PROVES more people will attend, if they want a full house, with the current economic problems, anyone with an ounce of business sense will realise reducing admission prices will get more people through the turnstiles, who in turn would invest more money in and around the club on that matchday.

How can you call me an armchair supporter ?

You don't know me and know nothing about me, you really are a muppett !

Ah the old it's value for money, come on down the price is right, call to arms. Not everyone can afford stuff up front or even over time. It isnt just the price of a ticket, there are a myriad of other factors to take into account, rather than just going the tix are Vfm, which they are if you can afford to spunk out a few hundred quid, like that.

Seems there is a disconnect between club and target audience, again. Shocker

I'd be interested to hear this myriad of reasons...

Times are hard , that's a fact and I have every sympathy with people like Portland Bill as I've been there myself with my own 2 kids. Luckily they are both out of school and working now so I dont have the financial restraints that Bill does. (Still got a mortgage and bills to pay though)

Monkeh is obviously very passionate about the club and does back them to the hilt on seemingly every issue , loyal if not a little misguided at times.

However , my own opinion regarding entry prices is not a million miles from Monkehs. We have to generate enough money to continue to compete at the level we are at and £10 entry won't do that in the long term IMO. Lots of people refer to the games against Barnsley and Coventry as proof that it will work , but the reality is , there was a lot riding on those 2 games and that was a major part of attracting more fans through the gate.

It's my opinion that if the club had a blanket policy of charging £10 to get in , there would be the initial surge in attendances but a few weeks down the line , people would go back to the same excuses for not going as they do now , be it travelling expense , poor football , poor view in the ground etc.. As I've said above , fans would turn up for a big game but I can't see the ground being full on a Tuesday night in October v Burnley.

I get the idea from some on here that they like the thought of being a City fan but don't really want to put it into practice.

Seems like you are missing the point completely shocker.

Club hypes up the fact that attendances are falling and that people arent attending. Rather than look in to the reasons why, they concentrate on the prices and give a call to arms, completely missing the point.

But you know you keep attacking the poster if it makes you some how feel better, because you know there are other views out there that dont subscribe to the club propaganda all of the time and for all intents and purposes are a club mouthpiece in disguise. Oh did I say that out loud, sorry

I dont think the club has hyped up the fact that attendances are falling, could you show where they have done this?

You seem to be wanting a better quality of football so I assume you would be willing to pay more for this?

Where did I say every game ?

Like I keep saying, reducing the prices PROVES more people will attend, if they want a full house, with the current economic problems, anyone with an ounce of business sense will realise reducing admission prices will get more people through the turnstiles, who in turn would invest more money in and around the club on that matchday.

How can you call me an armchair supporter ?

You don't know me and know nothing about me, you really are a muppett !

Come on " Arm Chair Phants " get off your arse and root, root, root for the home team. Lazy git!

• Admin

Come on " Arm Chair Phants " get off your arse and root, root, root for the home team. Lazy git!

Damn I've been outed ! :laugh:.

Better find a new excuse for the Mrs thinking I'm at football every week.

I can't respond to you accordingly on this site, I will see you on the other channel

If we have 10l st holders and average 13k only 3k potd. 3k x £25 is £75k

8k at £15 is £120k extra 8k not a full house.

£45k profit.

I know not possible because of st holders, but just shows with right price how much we can make extra per game.

What would happen if there was a full house of season ticket holders? Would the price increase? Or would it all even out over the season?

Err. no I don't !!

If you look back over the past 10 seasons I would imagine a lot of them would see a high upturn in attendance at the end of the season whether ticket prices go down or not.

To say it was because ticket prices were reduced doesn’t stand up to fair scrutiny IMO.

If we had a full house of season ticket holders. The club would be getting no potd except for away fans.

I think when we reached play off final club put a limit on s/t available so they still had income coming in through the season.

The more season tickets I guess means higher potd for club could justify price for its popular product.

It's a tough one to get the right balance, myself with 2 kids and partner it's awkward to pay in advance, one son plays footy Saturday and partner is a nurse so works shifts and if watd empty can take day off. Living in Manchester that means have to await if game for son is on Saturday and what time ko is 9.30 till 12 depending where he's playing. So for me phased tickets no good only potd whick works out very dear for me as mentioned Saturday £92 for the 4 of us.

For me cheap tickets is good but can see why club don't do it.

For anyone suggesting £10 match tickets - why do all those people that would flock to watch football for that price not regularly attend Clevedon/Mangotsfield/WSM....??

Oh, perhaps they might say it is because "they are ot MY team" = fair enough. But you were just claiming that it was a price issue...!?

For those that say "because they are shite and I wiant to watch a good level of football" - That is why it is £10 FFS! To maintain a club of our size in the NPC ticket prices need to be what they are. Occassionally the club might do a great £10 deal, but only I suspect, when the chips are down and a full house is more important than revenue, ala end of last season.

The club have made watching City as cost compliant as they possibly could and deserve credit for that.

What would happen if there was a full house of season ticket holders? Would the price increase? Or would it all even out over the season?

I think i'm right in saying that clubs can only sell a percentage of their capacity to season tickets and have to leave xx amout available for pay on the day. Not sure what the breakdown on percentages is, but I would think that the maximum that we could sell at AG was 16,000 with 10% capacity allocated for away fans and 10% for home POTD. Unless i'm imagining it, i'm sure those are the figures that were going around at the time of the play off final.

For anyone suggesting £10 match tickets - why do all those people that would flock to watch football for that price not regularly attend Clevedon/Mangotsfield/WSM....??

Oh, perhaps they might say it is because "they are ot MY team" = fair enough. But you were just claiming that it was a price issue...!?

For those that say "because they are shite and I wiant to watch a good level of football" - That is why it is £10 FFS! To maintain a club of our size in the NPC ticket prices need to be what they are. Occassionally the club might do a great £10 deal, but only I suspect, when the chips are down and a full house is more important than revenue, ala end of last season.

The club have made watching City as cost compliant as they possibly could and deserve credit for that.

They don't need to be what they are, if players took home an average wage that a 20 something year old took home they probably could be £10. But which ever club did this first would soon find themselves in the next league down. The simple fact is clubs will charge whatever they can get away with charging and pass this on to the players in an effort to get the best possible players.

Im sure the club does a cost forecast analysis and says if we make ticket prices £25 then we will get 6000 people POTD which is £150000 but if we make the ticket £15 then an extra 1000 people might turn up and we only make £105000. We get more people but cant progress on the field.

If we have 10l st holders and average 13k only 3k potd. 3k x £25 is £75k

8k at £15 is £120k extra 8k not a full house.

£45k profit.

I know not possible because of st holders, but just shows with right price how much we can make extra per game.

You think there's an extra 5000 people that would attend if it was £15 rather than £25?

I think all the evidence (excluding the end of last season, as it was end of season and crowds always increase at the end of the season) is that we gain between 500 and 1000.

What a ridiculous post. Why on earth would I go to watch Clevedon if I dont support them?

I have a disposable income that allows me to watch around 10 home games a season so that is what I do. If the tickets were £10 then I could watch every game. I hope that is clear enough for you.

I understand that bill but phantom is always moaning about ticket prices and we have our cheapest yet,

Ironically Phantom has five season tickets all to himself.

One for him, and four for his prawn sandwiches.

P.s. you'll have to point out where Phantom has moaned about ticket prices, because he ISN'T a moaner.

What a ridiculous post. Why on earth would I go to watch Clevedon if I dont support them?

I have a disposable income that allows me to watch around 10 home games a season so that is what I do. If the tickets were £10 then I could watch every game. I hope that is clear enough for you.

Not ridiculous in the slightest. Im sure we'd all love for match tickets to be £10, it would certainlly make my season ticket cheaper. But if we did we wouldnt be able to maintain our current league level unless its swept across the board of all championship clubs. If you want to only pay £10 a ticket regularly then Clevedon etc is the level that (rightly or wrongly) equates to that price. The price of football is daft, BCFC are having to keep up or get left behind.

Not ridiculous in the slightest. Im sure we'd all love for match tickets to be £10,

As I have already mentioned on this thread, a season ticket in the East End works out at £10.82 a game. For those who can't stump up the £249 in one go, then a 0% interest option is available, payable over 10 months. There is a £30 admin fee for this, but it still works out at just £12.13 a game or £27.90 a month. So we're not too far away from the magical £10 ticket. As some posters have pointed out, we do need to bring in a certain amount of money to remain competitive in this division, while at the same time rewarding regular supporters for their loyalty. If we charged the actual price of a ticket, then it would cost everyone £80 a game, which is clearly untenable. But I do believe that we are doing everything we can to make football as affordable as possible while also making sure that we have enough money to bring in players like Sam Baldock etc.

It's never going to be easy to keep everyone happy, particularly in these harsh economic times and I accept that there will always be people with valid criticisms of our pricing policy, but we have tried really hard to keep it as fair as possible for as many people as possible. Football is starting to wake up to a new economic reality (not before time IMO) and we are trying to lead the way by offering the cheapest ticket price in this division.

COYR

You mean we can't sign prem players and still pay only £10 a game ? This club lacks desire ... :laugh: .....

I think our pricing is very good and One of the cheapest in the championship ... However this is Bristol City ... We have supporters that would complain if we signed van persie due to his age ..

The club can't win with some ...

Ah the old it's value for money, come on down the price is right, call to arms. Not everyone can afford stuff up front or even over time. It isnt just the price of a ticket, there are a myriad of other factors to take into account, rather than just going the tix are Vfm, which they are if you can afford to spunk out a few hundred quid, like that.

Seems there is a disconnect between club and target audience, again. Shocker

I honestly don't know why you bother on here. You sir must be the most negative person on this forum. Now i don't know you or your personal circumstances, but i make sacrifices to pay for my season ticket. City is my passion always has been since the age of five and always will be. The way some people come across on here amazes me. Yes football can be expensive but City have made tickets very good value for money and i'm not a happy clapper i just think they have worked very hard to bring ticket prices down, but it's still not good enough for some. On average we play once a fortnight at home, if you by your ticket in advance it can cost as little as £14 for some games. It seems though you are happy to slag off the club and the teams performances when you don't even actively support them. Either get your ass down there so your opinion is valid or shut the **** up.

As I have already mentioned on this thread, a season ticket in the East End works out at £10.82 a game. For those who can't stump up the £249 in one go, then a 0% interest option is available, payable over 10 months. There is a £30 admin fee for this, but it still works out at just £12.13 a game or £27.90 a month. So we're not too far away from the magical £10 ticket. As some posters have pointed out, we do need to bring in a certain amount of money to remain competitive in this division, while at the same time rewarding regular supporters for their loyalty. If we charged the actual price of a ticket, then it would cost everyone £80 a game, which is clearly untenable. But I do believe that we are doing everything we can to make football as affordable as possible while also making sure that we have enough money to bring in players like Sam Baldock etc.

It's never going to be easy to keep everyone happy, particularly in these harsh economic times and I accept that there will always be people with valid criticisms of our pricing policy, but we have tried really hard to keep it as fair as possible for as many people as possible. Football is starting to wake up to a new economic reality (not before time IMO) and we are trying to lead the way by offering the cheapest ticket price in this division.

COYR

:laugh: it's 0% over 10 months but has a 30 quid admin fee, so its just over 10% nice!

Yes we have cheap tickets, but this is just another hidden gimmick like the food.

I just wish there was plain straight forward prices, not airline type hiding of figures. Seems hell of a lot 30 quid admin fee, even for football.

IMO with the club losing so much money in last 3 years I think they've done well in reducing prices to try and make it more affordable . Don't think they can do much more maybe with kids prices . Me and my son have st in Eastend cost £304 for us both IMO well worth it . It's a shame more fans can't make it but everyone's circumstances r different IMO if people can't make it it doesn't make them any less of a city fan just my opinion . CITD COYR

As I have already mentioned on this thread, a season ticket in the East End works out at £10.82 a game. For those who can't stump up the £249 in one go, then a 0% interest option is available, payable over 10 months. There is a £30 admin fee for this, but it still works out at just £12.13 a game

:laugh: it's 0% over 10 months but has a 30 quid admin fee, so its just over 10% nice!

Yes we have cheap tickets, but this is just another hidden gimmick like the food.

I just wish there was plain straight forward prices, not airline type hiding of figures. Seems hell of a lot 30 quid admin fee, even for football.

Yeah Dave, £10 a ticket is okay i guess, but £12.13p is a total rip off! :bored:

Yeah Dave, £10 a ticket is okay i guess, but £12.13p is a total rip off! :bored:

It's not about the price, its about enticing the fans in with 0% finance option, then dropping an extra 30 on for a admin fee.

Better to say pay over 10 months at 10% interest.

Seems like Ryan air tactics to me.

I honestly don't know why you bother on here. You sir must be the most negative person on this forum. Now i don't know you or your personal circumstances, but i make sacrifices to pay for my season ticket. City is my passion always has been since the age of five and always will be. The way some people come across on here amazes me. Yes football can be expensive but City have made tickets very good value for money and i'm not a happy clapper i just think they have worked very hard to bring ticket prices down, but it's still not good enough for some. On average we play once a fortnight at home, if you by your ticket in advance it can cost as little as £14 for some games. It seems though you are happy to slag off the club and the teams performances when you don't even actively support them. Either get your ass down there so your opinion is valid or shut the **** up.

Point one is; you dont know him or his circumstances; I do :o a 360mile round trip to the gate would be quite a sacrifice for a start. A bit further than Kingswood, from where I have in fact, walked to see my team, several times, before you were born as well, young man.

Further point is you shouldnt judge other fans, based soley on your own circumstances,health and location as we are not all in the same boat.

There are many,many reasons why fans are losing their interest in football, admission charges are one, but only one.

Archived