IGNORED

You Heard Del!

Lew-T

As I have already mentioned on this thread, a season ticket in the East End works out at £10.82 a game. For those who can't stump up the £249 in one go, then a 0% interest option is available, payable over 10 months. There is a £30 admin fee for this, but it still works out at just £12.13 a game or £27.90 a month. So we're not too far away from the magical £10 ticket. As some posters have pointed out, we do need to bring in a certain amount of money to remain competitive in this division, while at the same time rewarding regular supporters for their loyalty. If we charged the actual price of a ticket, then it would cost everyone £80 a game, which is clearly untenable. But I do believe that we are doing everything we can to make football as affordable as possible while also making sure that we have enough money to bring in players like Sam Baldock etc.

It's never going to be easy to keep everyone happy, particularly in these harsh economic times and I accept that there will always be people with valid criticisms of our pricing policy, but we have tried really hard to keep it as fair as possible for as many people as possible. Football is starting to wake up to a new economic reality (not before time IMO) and we are trying to lead the way by offering the cheapest ticket price in this division.

COYR

Football is not waking up, fans are. Stupid money being paid to top players (mostly imports) by the top clubs (like we are striving to be) is killing the game, assisted by p.c rubbish.Fans are turning away sadly as the money men continue to play with their new toy, until they get fed up, then they leave to find something else to amuse themselves.

As I have already mentioned on this thread, a season ticket in the East End works out at £10.82 a game. For those who can't stump up the £249 in one go, then a 0% interest option is available, payable over 10 months. There is a £30 admin fee for this, but it still works out at just £12.13 a game or £27.90 a month. So we're not too far away from the magical £10 ticket. As some posters have pointed out, we do need to bring in a certain amount of money to remain competitive in this division, while at the same time rewarding regular supporters for their loyalty. If we charged the actual price of a ticket, then it would cost everyone £80 a game, which is clearly untenable. But I do believe that we are doing everything we can to make football as affordable as possible while also making sure that we have enough money to bring in players like Sam Baldock etc.

It's never going to be easy to keep everyone happy, particularly in these harsh economic times and I accept that there will always be people with valid criticisms of our pricing policy, but we have tried really hard to keep it as fair as possible for as many people as possible. Football is starting to wake up to a new economic reality (not before time IMO) and we are trying to lead the way by offering the cheapest ticket price in this division.

COYR

That's very interesting, where does the other at least £60 come from? I am assuming catering contracts and things like this make up a percentage of the shortfall.

As there is a SL thread going on at the moment I believe there is quite a bit of crossover at this point as SL makes up the difference eventually so basically for every home game everyone goes to we should all be saying a big thank you for basically giving us all a free £30 (or whatever it is) that goes with our £30 and then probably the other £20 is probably made up of other income streams.

What your post shows is a completely unsustainable business model, and quite frankly an absolutely mental business model. He is throwing good money after bad.

Point one is; you dont know him or his circumstances; I do :o a 360mile round trip to the gate would be quite a sacrifice for a start. A bit further than Kingswood, from where I have in fact, walked to see my team, several times, before you were born as well, young man.

Further point is you shouldnt judge other fans, based soley on your own circumstances,health and location as we are not all in the same boat.

There are many,many reasons why fans are losing their interest in football, admission charges are one, but only one.

I said i didn't know him , did i or did i not ? also i didn't state how old i was i just said i started going when i was five. I also have walked to ashton many a time with my mates as a kid back in the early eighties. (there's a clue) My problem with him is his constant negativity there is no need for it.

I think i'm right in saying that clubs can only sell a percentage of their capacity to season tickets and have to leave xx amout available for pay on the day. Not sure what the breakdown on percentages is, but I would think that the maximum that we could sell at AG was 16,000 with 10% capacity allocated for away fans and 10% for home POTD. Unless i'm imagining it, i'm sure those are the figures that were going around at the time of the play off final.

You are correct, you can only have about 70% of the ground go to season ticket holders you have to save 10% for away fans and the other 20% for the potd crowd I think we can only have a maximum of 14k season ticket holders at the gate

Ironically Phantom has five season tickets all to himself.

One for him, and four for his prawn sandwiches.

P.s. you'll have to point out where Phantom has moaned about ticket prices, because he ISN'T a moaner.

to be fair and I apoligise to phantom I think I'm gettimg my wires crossed with some one else,

but there is a group of people on this forum who go out of there way to slag the club off at every chance they get and it make me incredably angry

• Admin

to be fair and I apoligise to phantom I think I'm gettimg my wires crossed with some one else,

but there is a group of people on this forum who go out of there way to slag the club off at every chance they get and it make me incredably angry

No worries, we are both clearly passionate about "our" club, which is ultimately the most important thing

For anyone suggesting £10 match tickets - why do all those people that would flock to watch football for that price not regularly attend Clevedon/Mangotsfield/WSM....??

Oh, perhaps they might say it is because "they are ot MY team" = fair enough. But you were just claiming that it was a price issue...!?

For those that say "because they are shite and I wiant to watch a good level of football" - That is why it is £10 FFS! To maintain a club of our size in the NPC ticket prices need to be what they are. Occassionally the club might do a great £10 deal, but only I suspect, when the chips are down and a full house is more important than revenue, ala end of last season.

The club have made watching City as cost compliant as they possibly could and deserve credit for that.

There is greater value in seeing City for £10 per game than there is for seeing Clevedon. I'd argue that they too are over priced. If Audi started reducing their prices by 50% which made it the same price as a Reliant Robin would you still by the Reliant?

There is greater value in seeing City for £10 per game than there is for seeing Clevedon. I'd argue that they too are over priced. If Audi started reducing their prices by 50% which made it the same price as a Reliant Robin would you still by the Reliant?

its £7 to watch PortisheadTown in the tool station div 1 and they are over 150 places below city in the footballing world, so £21 quid to see city is amazing value for money

its £7 to watch PortisheadTown in the tool station div 1 and they are over 150 places below city in the footballing world, so £21 quid to see city is amazing value for money

Football is fast becoming a game where no one can take a family on a potd basis without having to pay a fortune.

Clubs offer good prices beforehand for families knowing that most families can't pre book due to other commitments so not many take up the offers.

Portishead town is that price due to league clubs driving up wages which mean lower non league sides have to put up there prices to get the players in to play.

Why don't the club ditch the season ticket and charge all adults a set price of say £20 per game, child oap £10 and if you want your own seat have a membership card which when you go through turnstiles charges you for game directly from your bank (£20 per season charge). Not sure how financially viable that would be but wouldn't costs over season be more spread out for everyone potd and club have better cash flow.

Football is fast becoming a game where no one can take a family on a potd basis without having to pay a fortune.

Clubs offer good prices beforehand for families knowing that most families can't pre book due to other commitments so not many take up the offers.

Portishead town is that price due to league clubs driving up wages which mean lower non league sides have to put up there prices to get the players in to play.

Why don't the club ditch the season ticket and charge all adults a set price of say £20 per game, child oap £10 and if you want your own seat have a membership card which when you go through turnstiles charges you for game directly from your bank (£20 per season charge). Not sure how financially viable that would be but wouldn't costs over season be more spread out for everyone potd and club have better cash flow.

Because not everyone wants that. I prefer to pay for my ST in one hit and know it's done and dusted. It also means I only need my beer money every other week and if I'm a bit skint , I'll have a pint or 2 less.

The club have introduced a great reduced price incentive this season, has it made a difference to attendances? Not as yet it would seem. Personally I don't think we would sell out each week even if it was just £5 per game. I think there is far more than just the cost keeping people away from watching live football these days, the most obvious in city's case being lack of success. Plus there is so much more that people can do on a Saturday afternoon.....sometimes it's just easier not to go.

A myriad of reasons as to why not to go to a football match may include the following:-

Cost- (not just ticket, but travel, parking, drinks, food etc)

Travel (train, plane, automobile, cost of travel, distance etc)

Sorting out Accomodation if needed (again cost as well as availability)

Family Commitments ( Anniversary's, Weddings, birthday's, christenings etc Finding a sitter if needs be )

Work Commitments (Working on the day, or evening, as well as away at conferences or meetings or whatever)

Sporting Commitments (football on Saturday, or team sports or a tour or whatever

Music Commitments (May be at a gig or a recital or something and cant make the game)

There is probably loads more, and things like redundancies, economic down turn. disconnect between the club and the fans, disconnect between the sport in general and the fans and so on mean that it isnt all about the price of a ticket and the price of a ticket only.

Being 'challanged' or being told to #packthegate by the club is spectacuarly missing the point as to why people dont attend, it's insulting and somewhat embarrassing really, especially as it has tread on the toes of some of the fans who have departed the East End and stuff, who were trying to get stuff like this off the ground and were left in the lurch by the club.

I cant remember who said that they are not hyping up the lack of fans coming, of course they are, rallying cries to come and see an ex premier side. In days of old that kind of match would have been packed anyway, these days the club feels the need to self promote, badly, as usual about this and try and attract floating fans to the ground/

Footfall, or rather tickets on the day has been afaik awful for years, and the club still really havent addressed the reasons why as people dont come to the club on a game by game basis in great numbers. It has been discussed many times on here and still hasnt got a resolution. No move to a new stadium or even staying where we are is going to magically sort that out.

I honestly dont know why people have nothing better to do than moan and whine about people who dont subscribe to their own views. It's a discussion forum, we all support the same club, people have different views. It's not that difficult understand that everyone is not going to have the same view. A bit of empathy or even a bit of discussion rather than snipes and the same old dreary, comments add nothing to the forum and make it a very dull place. If people live and let live rather than being so intent on getting oneupmanship, for whatever reason, this may actually be a great place. However it's easier to pour scorn and be a misery guts. I find it ironic that people who catergorically state that they love the club and hate the 'moaners' spend so much time moaning on this forum about people who dont share their viewpoint rather than celebrating the club.

As for a valid opinion, I didnt realise that there was some OTIB vetting procedure so that everyone could sing from the same hymn sheet, each person is different and not everyone will have the same viewpoint on things as yourself. They dont always feel the need to boost their ego or try and win 'internet points' by trying to turn the screw, because they dont share your opinions. Accept and celebrate the difference and this place will be much better for it.

Cheers

Ah but these young uns (and i believe Jordan is still at college or uni, Sorry if you are not) Have not got the slightest idea about priorities, Doubt he has a mortgage, kids to feed cloth, Transport to pay for, loans etc etc. If i remember my youth, none of these things really meant anything to me. When I grew up a bit, bought a house, took on responsibility for Bills and others, rather than focusing just on myself, and my interest in watching city play, these things became very apparent.

Give it a few years, Jordan may understand the point of view of us old "Moaners"

Archived