IGNORED

Emergency Loan Transfer Window Thread

glynriley

Btw - Webster was never fit during his loan at City and Stern John scored goals everywhere else he went except at City, mainly due to lack of service.

Stern John's record for City was more down to his unwillingness to run more than a yard to reach the ball than anyone else's failings. Probably the most frustrating player I've ever seen.

Seems we're not willing to pay the going rate for a player who would improve our squad, in a position we so desperately need to strengthen.

Or as Monkeh points out , we're not going to pay over the odds for a player who might only be here for 90 days.

Still , it gives people something to moan about.

Or as Monkeh points out , we're not going to pay over the odds for a player who might only be here for 90 days.

Still , it gives people something to moan about.

Interesting, i wonder if your still saying the same thing come Friday evening if we still haven't signed a decent centre back? you and Monkeh will probably be the first to have a little moan, oh how i love this forum!

Interesting, i wonder if your still saying the same thing come Friday evening if we still haven't signed a decent centre back? you and Monkeh will probably be the first to have a little moan, oh how i love this forum!

I never moan about transfers because I'm one of thefew who actually know how they work outside of a computer game they are very complex,

I'd be more then happy to start with Fontaine and Carey as CB's against blackburn they have both done resonably well so far this season, if our attack is on form we will score at least 4

it also helps not being one of the "I want it now" generation as you seem to be from, thats the generation who have no consept of money

I take it you've not read the link I posted above then? This guy missed 7 months of last season with an injury and will play no part in this season (for Norwich) until January at the earliest. It sounds to me he's more interested in money than playing football and if that is the case , I wouldn't want him here anyway.

You won't catch me on here moaning about not bringing in a CB. I think we do need one , but if it doesn't happen , so be it. I'm pretty sure DMc and the board are doing the best they can within their means. After all Keith Millen failed to strengthen at the back for long enough , at least Del has got the sought after LB we've all craved for 2 years or more.

I never moan about transfers because I'm one of thefew who actually know how they work outside of a computer game they are very complex,

I'd be more then happy to start with Fontaine and Carey as CB's against blackburn they have both done resonably well so far this season, if our attack is on form we will score at least 4

it also helps not being one of the "I want it now" generation as you seem to be from, thats the generation who have no consept of money

You think we will score '4 atleast' against a team who are 2nd in the league and are being backed for automatic promotion? your even more delusional than i thought! we will not score 4 goals every week, fact! there will come a time during the season where we will need to rely on a sold defence and IMO we dont have that right now! btw, i understand how transfers work and realise how hard it is to get someone in, however its no like we've only been trying for a week, we've had months to get something sorted! excuse me for becoming just a little restless...

I take it you've not read the link I posted above then? This guy missed 7 months of last season with an injury and will play no part in this season (for Norwich) until January at the earliest. It sounds to me he's more interested in money than playing football and if that is the case , I wouldn't want him here anyway.

You won't catch me on here moaning about not bringing in a CB. I think we do need one , but if it doesn't happen , so be it. I'm pretty sure DMc and the board are doing the best they can within their means. After all Keith Millen failed to strengthen at the back for long enough , at least Del has got the sought after LB we've all craved for 2 years or more.

'After all Keith Millen failed to strengthen at the back for long enough'

Yes, and where is he now?...

You think we will score '4 atleast' against a team who are 2nd in the league and are being backed for automatic promotion? your even more delusional than i thought! we will not score 4 goal every week, fact! there will come a time during the season where we will need to rely on a sold defence and IMO we dont have that right now! btw, i understand how transfers work and realise how hard it is to get someone in, however its no like we've only been trying for a week, we've had months to get something sorted! excuse me for becoming just a little restless...

we scored 4 against a team who have been in two cup finals a play-off final and are always fighting for promotion and also one of the pre-season favs so yes I think we can score 4 past blackburn

You not becoming a bit restlest you sound like a spoilt brat who has no concept of how life actually works

'After all Keith Millen failed to strengthen at the back for long enough'

Yes, and where is he now?...

He's at Blackpool.

I'm just pointing out it's not as easy as you seem to think. We needed a LB and CH when Keith was here , Del has sorted one and is working on the other.

we scored 4 against a team who have been in two cup finals a play-off final and are always fighting for promotion and also one of the pre-season favs so yes I think we can score 4 past blackburn

You not becoming a bit restlest you sound like a spoilt brat who has no concept of how life actually works

So going by your logic, we'll score 'atleast 4' against every team from now till the end of the season, because we managed it against Palace and Cardiff? unbelievable! I think you need to start living in the real world and realise that without a solid defence we've got no chance, theres a difference between being spoilt and being realistic and not being scared to vent a view point! city could do a cardiff and change club identity and you'd probably still back them to the hilt. again get real.

So going by your logic, we'll score 'atleast 4' against every team from now till the end of the season, because we managed it against Palace and Cardiff? unbelievable! I think you need to start living in the real world and realise that without a solid defence we've got no chance, theres a difference between being spoilt and being realistic and not being scared to vent a view point! city could do a cardiff and change club identity and you'd probably still back them to the hilt. again get real.

no blackburn aren't solid at the back for a start, and we create a lot more chances then we use to so I think we will score more goals,

a team like fester, bolton and charlton will be different as they are disaplined at the back and we will struggle to break them down,

We will score a hatful at home because of the way we set up, Ashton Gate is a wide pitch which plays to our strength as we have pacey wingers/full backs who can get in around the back as well as the crowd behind us,

where as places like Barnsley and Forest play on narrow pitchs which he why we've struggled, I think McInnes has set it up wrong away from home I would go 4-5-1 with an extra man in midfield,

But at the gate I would back us more times then not to out score teams regardless of who they are when our strongest team is available,

Its called having faith in your team and manager which is something you don't have,

and 'Sacked from Bristol City football club' i wonder why...

because he was out of his depth, I don't like him nore do I rate him as a manager but he will always get a job in coaching because thats what he does he's a coach,

the same as Tinman who I happen to like but he will never be a manager he's not cut out for it but he will always be a good coach and has a good number going for him in spain doing the same thing as Glenn Hoddle

You think we will score '4 atleast' against a team who are 2nd in the league and are being backed for automatic promotion? your even more delusional than i thought! we will not score 4 goals every week, fact! there will come a time during the season where we will need to rely on a sold defence and IMO we dont have that right now! btw, i understand how transfers work and realise how hard it is to get someone in, however its no like we've only been trying for a week, we've had months to get something sorted! excuse me for becoming just a little restless...

We've also been trying to replace half a team and we've made a hat load of signings. Sorry we haven't managed perfection.

no blackburn aren't solid at the back for a start, and we create a lot more chances then we use to so I think we will score more goals,

a team like fester, bolton and charlton will be different as they are disaplined at the back and we will struggle to break them down,

We will score a hatful at home because of the way we set up, Ashton Gate is a wide pitch which plays to our strength as we have pacey wingers/full backs who can get in around the back as well as the crowd behind us,

where as places like Barnsley and Forest play on narrow pitchs which he why we've struggled, I think McInnes has set it up wrong away from home I would go 4-5-1 with an extra man in midfield,

But at the gate I would back us more times then not to out score teams regardless of who they are when our strongest team is available,

Its called having faith in your team and manager which is something you don't have,

I have faith, but i'm also a realist! why don't we just go into every home game without a back line? afterall we're going to score 4 plus every game, right? your bonkers.

We've also been trying to replace half a team and we've made a hat load of signings. Sorry we haven't managed perfection.

We reliesed 12 didn't we and we've brought in,

1 Heaton

2 Anderson

3 Cunningham (who alot moaned at and he's turning out to be the best left back we've had since Jim Brennon)

4 Baldock

5 Davies

6 Morris

every single player we've brought in has strengtherned the squad and will play a part, its not finished yet but McInnes has between now and Novemeber 30th to bring in loan plays thats plenty of time

Yet at the same time, we also have a WINGER on trial, need i say more?

Its not perfection, its what we need.

How many right wingers do we have at the club?

The answer is 1 if albert gets injured we have no replacement thats why we have a winger who played top flight football in france I might add on trial

Yet at the same time, we also have a WINGER on trial, need i say more?

Its not perfection, its what we need.

What's that got to do with the price of fish? A winger has come to City's attention who is without a club and we are having a look. It doesn't mean we've stopped looking for a defender.

What ever, this thread is petty and boring, the fact is we need a centre back, we've had all summer to sign one, just missed out AGAIN and times ticking, if we dont sign one, we'll struggle. if we do then great! all in MY OPINION ofcouse ,sorry masters if its different from yours...

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with that.

every man and his dog knows we need a centre back we;ve needed once since our second season in the championship,

our manager has said we need a right footed commanding centre back and is working on bringing one in, its just some people thinks because there is nothing in the media the club are sitting on their hands, which is not true I'd wager McInnes is working a lot harder then all our previous managers at championship level put together,

After all we've freed up space in the wage budget after paying up stewarts contract

its only a matter of time before we have one something some people don't seem to get

No, but people seem happy for us to miss out on target after target, and then wonder why we've brought in the rubbish left at the bottom of the barrel? this is what always happens and you wonder why i get fed up.

Gerrard

Keough

Monk

Ward...

the list is getting longer and the clock is ticking.

every man and his dog knows we need a centre back we;ve needed once since our second season in the championship,

our manager has said we need a right footed commanding centre back and is working on bringing one in, its just some people thinks because there is nothing in the media the club are sitting on their hands, which is not true I'd wager McInnes is working a lot harder then all our previous managers at championship level put together,

After all we've freed up space in the wage budget after paying up stewarts contract

its only a matter of time before we have one something some people don't seem to get

But will it be the right 1? thats the most important thing... i could play centre back, doesn't mean to say i'd be any good.

Archived