IGNORED

Life Without Peacock

RedM

maybe it's just me but the team really were poor yesterday as they didn't know how to play without Lee Peacock. I hate one-man-teams, Brighton for example. When too much emphasis is put on one player you are setting youself up for failure if the player isn't there. All season danny has built around lee p ( not lee's fault). He has played carrying knocks, unfit or uninterested. When he wasn't about we looked shallow and clueless.

Ok it NEARLY worked, but nearly isn't good enough. Football is a Team/Squad game.

I think the problem that the team have without him is that. They are so used to him being the physical presence upfront, they can launch balls to him and he will hold them up. He has hardly been dropped all this season so it is a shock to the system when he is not there.

Roberts is fast, does'nt win alot of headers an tries to do too much sometimes with the ball.

Miller is very light weight and always falls over. He wins headerds quite alot but because him and roberts don't play together very often at all they don't have any combination between them! Or understandment of one another.

I think danny should try those two out together more. Because they do have th making of a good partnership.

I didn't explain it very well. I'm not knocking Lee p, I meant it more of a confidence thing. They just didn't seem to know what to do or how to do it without him there.

They must notice how he is always picked and is never subbed ( we all do). When the mainstay of the team wasn't there they didn't know what to do. If Peacocks injury had happened a month ago they would have had more idea about playing together,they would of had to. It seems even until just before match they were hoping to have Lee p fit, and maybe it was a shock to all when he wasn't. I wanted him to play some part in the game, any player who has played the bulk of the season deserves to.

Don't have a go at me i'm as fed up as you are! :grr:

Archived