IGNORED

Alan Walsh Rovers Under 18 Coach

Super

Scott Sinclair.

City's youth development has been diabolical.

Scott Sinclair left them at 16, so I don't think there's much credit to be had there.

Any others that have actually made it into the professional game?

I don't dispute ours is poor but it's better than Rovers. I could name a dozen academy graduates of ours that are playing professionally now, I can think of maybe one other than Sinclair from the blue few.

Scott Sinclair.

Scott Sinclair got Rovers 1million max.

David Cotterill got us 2 million.

Don't forget Wilson, Skuse, Edwards, Carey, Carey who are all in and around our squad, plus half of our other ex youth are in the rovers first team now ;)

Scott Sinclair got Rovers 1million max.

David Cotterill got us 2 million.

Don't forget Wilson, Skuse, Edwards, Carey, Carey who are all in and around our squad, plus half of our other ex youth are in the rovers first team now ;)

And where are Cotterill & Sinclair now playing?

Scott Sinclair.

Bath Arsenal developed Scott Sinclair not rovers. Get it right.

Anyway, Sinclair is shit. Pretty soon he'll get found out. I played with him at Bath Arsenal and he wasn't all that. I was miles better than him and so was everybody else.

Cant you get him on citys books? Must be hard seeing him in blue and white.

Used to it now, he's been there since 2010. Long story about being at City but he simply didn't settle and loved it at Rovers. Was offered a contract from both clubs and Southampton but he wanted to stay at Rovers despite being die hard city and season ticket holders. Southampton was quality but simply I couldn't committ due to my work.

The difficutly I got is getting him from the car to the front door and visa versa in his kit without everyone seeing...we live in Ashton Vale!!!! Only had one incident from a chav but I soon nipped that in the bud!

MM

................Good work agent Walsh......you have succesfully infiltrated the sags youth development.....this should ensure the next generation of players carry on the good work currently being carried out by Agents Clarkson and McGhee.............

:ph34r:

He'll teach them how to hit the post in the biggest game of their life :whistle:

With Citys recent record of youth develpment, I would suggest he's in a much better place, sadly.

Blimey Screech , quite the misery guts aren't we !!

Academy , POTD prices , Sell on clauses , you've had a dig about the lot in the last week or so. I'll bet you're praying we don't sign a CB by Friday aren't you?

Scott Sinclair left them at 16, so I don't think there's much credit to be had there.

Any others that have actually made it into the professional game?

Depends how long Sinclair was there for. Oh look, he arrived aged 7. You develop a lot in the years up to 16 if you start young enough so its probably a tad disingenuous and an argument, for argument's sake and as is usually your want, to criticise everyone and everything a little too much at times.

Whether they developed in the youth set up someone perhaps will advise but the likes of Stewart, Cureton, Roberts, Ellington, and only in recent times, have all gone on to have successful careers and Rovers no doubt nurtured that talent along the way. Ray and Gary Mabbutt, Ian Holloway, Tony Pulis, Nigel Martyn perhaps. Every club in the land has developed players that have gone on to be successful and not just in their playing careers. Rovers are no different and I would argue rather more successful than a lot.

City's academy, anyway, has not been that successful yet so lets hope the new direction and investment turns that around.

You mustn't let your obvious hatred of the Gas cloud the facts although I can understand why it might!!

Depends how long Sinclair was there for. Oh look, he arrived aged 7. You develop a lot in the years up to 16 if you start young enough so its probably a tad disingenuous and an argument, for argument's sake and as is usually your want, to criticise everyone and everything a little too much at times.

That's simply not true as anybody who actually reads what I post will know. I'll happily argue my point and if I criticise I do it constructively. However if you don't like the content, you're more than welcome not to read.

Whether they developed in the youth set up someone perhaps will advise but the likes of Stewart, Cureton, Roberts, Ellington, and only in recent times, have all gone on to have successful careers and Rovers no doubt nurtured that talent along the way. Ray and Gary Mabbutt, Ian Holloway, Tony Pulis, Nigel Martyn perhaps. Every club in the land has developed players that have gone on to be successful and not just in their playing careers. Rovers are no different and I would argue rather more successful than a lot.

City's academy, anyway, has not been that successful yet so lets hope the new direction and investment turns that around.

You mustn't let your obvious hatred of the Gas cloud the facts although I can understand why it might!!

What I was actually doing was pointing out that the criticism of City's youth development screech made in favour of Rovers' was wrong.

Some of your facts are completely wrong. Cureton, Ellington, Roberts - none of these were developed by Rovers. They all signed from other clubs after 18.

I'm not sure what relevance to current youth development going back 30 - 60 years has at all. Ray Mabbut started his career in the 50s for crying out loud.

If you look at professional footballers currently playing, you will find that those who came through the youth system at City vastly outnumber those who came through Rovers. That flies in the face of the idea that Rovers do better developing youth than us. That's a myth and always has been.

What they do do better is pick players out of non-league.

Archived