IGNORED

Why No Elliott?

formerly known as ivan

Strange one for me that when we got back to 3 3 Elliott wasn't introduced to chase the ball around in the middle given the amount of time and possession Blackburn were getting.

Was such a great game to watch and doubt there will be many better in any division this season but gutted it counted for nothing in the end.

He's not good enough anymore not enough quality!

Spot on.

I said at the start of the season that Elliot will be restricted to cameo appearances this season. He might get a start should injuries or suspensions have an effect but McInnes has an abundance of midfield options with Kilkenny and Morris yet to feature.

Didn't we win those last 2 home games? or was it a dream?.

Sorry, what are you trying to say? That those two wins were down to Elliot? We played fantastic football against Palace and Cardiff, but Elliot didn't make any sort of impact in either game. The reasoning behind people saying he should be brought on late in a game is to break up play and help us defensively, yet we conceded straight after he came on in both games. Against Cardiff our play noticably dropped off and we sat back as elliot came on (not saying this is down to elliot per se, more of a tactical thing).

So this move clearly hasn't worked previously this season, hence why he wasn't brought on yesterday. I fully supported anderson's introduction as it was an attacking move and showed we were really going for the win.

Some interesting views on Elliot. I've been looking forward to him coming back. He's quality. He dd spend most of last season injured so needs a bit more match time he will be fine. I was expecting him to come on, on sat but can see why he never

Can you really describe him as "quality"?

Don't get me wrong I like him but I'd describe him as a sometimes useful headless chicken...

Some interesting views on Elliot. I've been looking forward to him coming back. He's quality. He did spend most of last season injured so needs a bit more match time he will be fine. I was expecting him to come on, on sat but can see why he never

What do you mean by quality?

Bringing Elliot on at 3-3 would of been pointless.

He would of simply ran around like a bull in china shop getting nowhere near Bburns little triangle passes in midfield.

What we need is a CM who can play and dictate. Someone who can pick a pass. A midfield schemer. Someone like that next to Pearsons drive from the centre would make all the difference.

I want to no why Jody Morris wasnt on the bench Saturday?

How can a player be past it at 28?

Marv had a very bad injury last season and has only just fully recovered he's not in the team because he is not match fit or match sharp,

He would of broken up play had he come on as he is better at the defensive side of the game then both Skuse and Pearson but thats hindsight,

If he was past it as people are suggesting why did he get a new contract?

Ouch! Maybe I was wrong. I've just always seen him as a solid midfielder who works hard. I certainly didn't think he was as crap as he's being made out to be here, perhaps I'm genuinely wrong :laugh:

Your not on your own. I think he is great to have in the team and just the player we needed for the last 10 mins or so against Blackburn. He is good in the air and I don't think we would have conceded that fourth goal from the set piece had marv been on at that point.

Your not on your own. I think he is great to have in the team and just the player we needed for the last 10 mins or so against Blackburn. He is good in the air and I don't think we would have conceded that fourth goal from the set piece had marv been on at that point.

the defensive duties of the midfield does appear a bit lacking in skuse and pearson maybe we would defend in the air a bit better with marv back in the team I think he's the only central play who can come close to heading the ball left at the club

Ouch! Maybe I was wrong. I've just always seen him as a solid midfielder who works hard. I certainly didn't think he was as crap as he's being made out to be here, perhaps I'm genuinely wrong :laugh:

No-one saying he's crap. People are saying he lacks quality and that his game is too one-dimensional.

it was the one dimensional part of his game that we have been missing badly in the centre of midfield though

Rubbish, we've not missed Elliot a jot. Useful to have in the squad, but never a starter for us in a million years now. We play a completely different brand of football to the style that brought the best out of Elliot in Johnson's tenure. Not a slight on Elliot that he is simply surplus to requirements to this team and the style of play this manager wants to play. He's plenty good enough for this division, but doesn't fit into the ethos here now.

Rubbish, we've not missed Elliot a jot. Useful to have in the squad, but never a starter for us in a million years now. We play a completely different brand of football to the style that brought the best out of Elliot in Johnson's tenure. Not a slight on Elliot that he is simply surplus to requirements to this team and the style of play this manager wants to play. He's plenty good enough for this division, but doesn't fit into the ethos here now.

I'd like to have seen what difference he'd have made last year to be honest. He had a nasty injury and has been out for ages. Prior to that yes I beleive he was "quality" give the guy a chance to get back to his best.

Archived