IGNORED

Why No Elliott?

formerly known as ivan

I fully expect Marv to be in the starting 11 tonight.

I don't he's not match fit, but then again he didn't play for the devlopment squad last night so maybe,

Who would you drop, me personally it would be skuse as pearson is knocking in the goals and I've felt skuse has gone missing in the last few games (not in the bad way just not invloved as much as he should be way)

I don't he's not match fit, but then again he didn't play for the devlopment squad last night so maybe,

Who would you drop, me personally it would be skuse as pearson is knocking in the goals and I've felt skuse has gone missing in the last few games (not in the bad way just not invloved as much as he should be way)

I would also drop Skuse, as you say Pearson has been chipping in with a couple of goals so far and I thought Skuse was anonymous in the second half against Blackburn.

He signed his contract extension in decemeber I'm led to believe del was appointed in october

Had a quick google and can only see this one where Millen extended it over the summer?

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol-City-chairman-insists-club-fund-potential/story-13147485-detail/story.html

Not sure how much of a part Elliot will play this year as he's a similar player to Pearson in that they both cover a lot of ground and get forward too. We do miss his presence in more physical games though.

Yeah, well done Marv. A lot of doubters on here but Del clearly rates him (and he knows best) and he was just what we needed after our midfield was outplayed at the weekend. Always a big threat in the box and plays with his heart on his sleeve. Very good squad player and one that plenty of other clubs in this division would love to have.

As everybody who actually watched this club closely should know, Elliott remains an important part of our squad. McInnes clearly rates him and I simply don't understand those that have suggested otherwise. The way he treated Elliott last season (playing him when unfit etc) and the way he spoke about him when he suffered his injury and when he returned to training clearly showed that McInnes highly values him. There was an Elliott thread on here before the season started attempting to write an obituary on his time at club and at the time I suggested that he wouldn't start the season due to Skuse's excellent form at the end of last season and the fact that the manager clearly appreciates what Pearson brings to the team, but it would only take two or three losses for Marv to be the man that McInnes turned to. Well I don't want to seem smug, but...

Marv, like every other player on the pitch, was poor in the first half tonight. (You would never have believed that you were watching two teams in the second tier of English football). But after the break he was more like his normal self. Getting round the pitch, breaking up play and providing us with a foundation to go and play. He also nearly got on the end of one or two excellent Adomah crosses.

I can understand those that personally don't rate Marv due to his obvious limitations, or even those that fail to see the job he undeniably does for the team. I don't agree with these views, but I can see their point. But for anyone to suggest that his time at the club is numbered is simply guesswork, when all the signs would lead to McInnes highly appreciating the role that Marvin will always do for the team. After all, he always makes an issue of having players he 'can trust' and is patently obvious that Elliott would always fall into that category.

I said I thought Eliot starting would be 'unlikely'. It was an opinion Monkeh but you're probably very excited at thought the sage didn't guess rightly.

you said he would only be making cameo apperances and that he's past his best,

Last night we won our first away game we were a hell of a lot more solid and we had strength in the centre of midfield mainly due the the "past it" elliot

He's had a long term injury and has played one game against bottom of the league. Let him play 10 games on the spin and judge then, if he's still in the team he's playing well and got over his injury. If dropped he's not playing well and maybe surplus to requirements.

Personally I think he's differant kind of player to what we have already and will be ok, but time will tell.

He's had a long term injury and has played one game against bottom of the league. Let him play 10 games on the spin and judge then, if he's still in the team he's playing well and got over his injury. If dropped he's not playing well and maybe surplus to requirements.

Personally I think he's differant kind of player to what we have already and will be ok, but time will tell.

he's the most defensive minded and strongest central midfielder we have, he is the major reason we were alot more solid at the back and If he played against blackburn we would of got somthing out of the game as carey and fonts wouldn't of been exposed like they were,

he's the most defensive minded and strongest central midfielder we have, he is the major reason we were alot more solid at the back and If he played against blackburn we would of got somthing out of the game as carey and fonts wouldn't of been exposed like they were,

it's doubtful we would have scored the goals we did either though.

we would of scored as our goals were created from wing play not through the middle

Please stop being niave, you are usually a very good poster on here.

The football we played in midfield in our three home games this season would not have been possible with Marvin in the side. The goals we scored would not have been possible because we wouldn't have had as much possession.

I get that this week you're on a defending Marvin mission, but please accept he's a very limited footballer and it will never be possible to dominate possession with him playing a part in a two man midfield.

He's useful, we've all accepted that, but he ain't capable of passing a ball 5 yards.

Archived