IGNORED

Team To Play Watford?

FanaticRed

Just a quick thread really, I was wondering who you would pick to take Cunningham and Skuse's place in the team on Saturday?

I'd go for:

Heaton

M.Wilson, J.Wilson, Fontaine, Foster

Adomah, Morris, Pearson, Woolford

Baldock, Taylor

Subs: Anderson, Bryan, Carey, Kilkenny, Stead, Elliott

So i've decided to go with Morris in the centre as i feel he would give us more composure on the ball which is what will be needed against a decent Watford side, plus he has bundles of experience and would compliment Pearson really well.

Ive decided to bring back Mark Wilson for abit of balance as i feel two attack minded fullbacks away from home too often will leave us lacking and we could get caught on the break, Foster has the nod over Bryan purely on experience, again, away from home it would be abit risky chucking him in at the deep end, maybe bring him on as a sub later on in the match...

Thoughts...

Just a quick thread really, I was wondering who you would pick to take Cunningham and Skuse's place in the team on Saturday?

I'd go for:

Heaton

Baldock, Taylor

So i've decided to go with Morris in the centre as i feel he would give us more composure on the ball which is what will be needed against a decent Watford side, plus he has bundles of experience and would compliment Pearson really well.

Ive decided to bring back Mark Wilson for abit of balance as i feel two attack minded fullbacks away from home too often will leave us lacking and we could get caught on the break, Foster has the nod over Bryan purely on experience, again, away from home it would be abit risky chucking him in at the deep end, maybe bring him on as a sub later on in the match...

Thoughts...

Miorris was ill midweek so I doubt very much he will feature at all,

Heaton

Bryan Fontaine Wilson J Foster

Woolford Pearson Elliot Adomah

Taylor Baldock

Gerken Carey Ried Anderson Davies Stead Wilson M

Miorris was ill midweek so I doubt very much he will feature at all,

Heaton

Bryan Fontaine Wilson J Foster

Woolford Pearson Elliot Adomah

Taylor Baldock

Gerken Carey Ried Anderson Davies Stead Wilson M

You'd play a left back at right back and a right back at left beck?

Also Adomah left mid and Woolford right?

I'm sure glad your not the manager!

As for Morris, if that is the case then i'd pick Elliott, however, i hope that isn't the case.

I'd go for:

Heaton

Baldock, Taylor

Thoughts...

I agree - But I think Morris is ill so would be Elliot..Im not a fan of Elliot but is only option left.

my first game of the season so really excited to see the new players on show and the new Wooly - most excited to see Baldock i think

Me too, can't wait. Gutted Cunningham is out as I've been really looking forward to seeing him but looking forward to watching the new players and also hopefully see Adomah coming back to his best form.

Was chatting to a Bolton fan about Watford, he said they were really poor and should be easy pickings. Seems that getting rid of Dysche may not have been a good move.

Suggest that we play marvin ahead of Morris, not sure about LB.

I wouldn't go that far but 3 defeats in a row for them and 2 defeats at home already (including to Ipswich) suggests we have a chance.

What Super said. Bryan for cunningham, adomah for skuse. Same team as against peterborough other than those two changes. Foster will stay right back. Subs will be wilson who can cover both flanks. Anderson who can cover both flanks on wing. Gerken. Morris. Davies who will inevitably come on for taylor. Stead who could also come on for taylor. I can see us changing to 3 up top near the end with baldock, davies and stead. Will be interesting and as always, I'm excited that we could possibly ge another 3 points. Good luck lads!

I would do anything possible to keep Foster away from LEFT back! Based on him looking awful there when played last season.

I would keep Foster at RB and start Bryan, or if Del is to bring M Wilson back in then it would mean pushing Foster up to Right Mid, or being a little unfortunate to drop to the bench.

That would leave AA, or Foster to play on the right in place of Skuse, with Elliott retaining his place in the middle.

Bryan for Cunningham and Albert for Skuse.

Agree re Bryan.

While Posh arent the toughest team we will face this season, when Bryan came on the game was highly charged, the guy down his side looked pretty dangerous and after the late penalty they gave it a real go. Throughout Bryan looked pretty cool, made some good runs and looked solid at the back. Deserves his chance if you ask me.

McInnes said in his pre-Watford interview that changes will (obviously) effect the team for Watford.

Up top I can't see past Taylor and Baldock.

Defensively Wilson and Fontaine as CB's with Mark Wilson as right back with Foster as left back. I'd like to see Bryan given a start but Del will probably go with experience.

In the middle and wings. Elliot will probably start in a defensive role with Pearson, Woolford and Albert. Morris could be an option but he hasn't featured at all yet. Maybe he's injured.

Perfectly understandable if this isn't the case, but the team that finished against Peterborough, Taylor's substitution aside, would be the one to start at Watford for me. We closed the game out well, they got a very soft penalty. Even after that, they didn't really threaten as they might have done. Bryan slotted in really well and Albert was a livewire when he came on.

for me........

Heaton

Foster Wilson Fonts Bryan

Albert Elliot Pearson Wooly

Baldock Taylor

Subs - Gerks , M.Wilson , Morris, Anderson , Davies

Harsh on Stead, but if he doesn't start I don't see him as an impact sub

Seeing Cunningham is gonna be out for a while, I'd like to see Bryan get a chance. Foster seems very right footed and doesnt look comfortable at left back for me. We dont want to see Fonts or Tangs out there so lets give Joe a fair crack. If he has a shocker in first two games, then we'll kow he isnt ready yet

Was chatting to a Bolton fan about Watford, he said they were really poor and should be easy pickings. Seems that getting rid of Dysche may not have been a good move.

Suggest that we play marvin ahead of Morris, not sure about LB.

I thought they were superb on TV v Brum, I think if their italians gell with the pass and move they are dangerous bit low on confidence at present we need that first goal.......Jody Morris I'd forgotten all about him :laugh:

for me........

Heaton

Foster Wilson Fonts Bryan

Albert Elliot Pearson Wooly

Baldock Taylor

Subs - Gerks , M.Wilson , Morris, Anderson , Davies

Harsh on Stead, but if he doesn't start I don't see him as an impact sub

Seeing Cunningham is gonna be out for a while, I'd like to see Bryan get a chance. Foster seems very right footed and doesnt look comfortable at left back for me. We dont want to see Fonts or Tangs out there so lets give Joe a fair crack. If he has a shocker in first two games, then we'll kow he isnt ready yet

The same line up I would go for. I'd prefer young Joe Bryan to come in rather than reshuffle the defence.

7 subs mind so Stead will still be in the squad.

I thought it was interesting that despite Wilson apparently being fit, DMC went with Bryan on Tuesday. It shows confidence in the kid and I wouldn't be surprised to see him start.

There are other possibilities, although it wouldn't be my first choice, and that would be to play Carey at right back and Foster left, or even Carey and J Wilson in the centre and Fonts at left back.

Heaton

M Wilson

J Wilson

Fontaine

Foster

Albert

Elliott

Pearson

Woolford

Taylor

Baldock

Subs- Gerken, Carey, Bryan, Morris, Anderson, Davies, Stead

If M Wilson doesn't make it then I would slot Carey in at right back and bring Nyatanga in as one of the subs.

Losing Skuse and Cunningham is a massive blow this weekend, but I still feel confident of going there and nicking a win.

Archived