IGNORED

Glos Or Somerset?

sglosbcfc

Glos for me - since the days of Brown, Bissex, Brain. Fond memories of cheltenham and Zaheer's elegance, Stovold's aggression and Procter at full speed- his 4 wickets in 5 balls against a hampshire top order of Greenwich, Richards etc stunning. Foat at Lord's to remove Tony Greig and the more recent successes all cement that first visit.

If you're retired and you love Cricket, you can spend pretty much everyday during the summer watching Glos play.

The membership is so cheap... as well as giving free entrance to Worcester and all GCCC away games in the Championship.

Check these season ticket prices out... http://www.gloscrick...bership/cricket

My retirement, well the way the government are going raising the retirement age, is probably 50 years away but this is exactly what I want to do during my retirement!

My old man is a Glos fan so it was always going to be Glos for me. Just slightly annoying people in Clevedon (and generally the North Somerset area) where people are mostly born in Southmead all supporting Somerset due to their recent success, rather than Glos their nearest team. But I suppose you can't really blame people in North Somerset supporting Somerset...

Glos for me - since the days of Brown, Bissex, Brain. Fond memories of cheltenham and Zaheer's elegance, Stovold's aggression and Procter at full speed- his 4 wickets in 5 balls against a hampshire top order of Greenwich, Richards etc stunning. Foat at Lord's to remove Tony Greig and the more recent successes all cement that first visit.

This ^^^^^

The Lords finals were great days out as were games at Moreton-in-Marsh, Cheltenham, Gloucester & Worcester (took over the 2nd scoreboard that day and put up all the wrong scores). :)

Always remember Tony Brown was next in at MIM in a 40 over sunday league game and over the tannoy came "Tony Brown Is A Clown", one of the Glos players had got his hands on the mic.

And my god, could they all drink.

BCAGFC

That Hampshire game was fantastic and on the box too, i seem to remember Proctor getting Trevor Jesty in those 4 wickets, one of the best batsmen in the world at that time, remember singing "proctorshire" endlessly at Lords in the final in the win against Kent, definitely outnumbered by the gas that day, in saying all this as a south Bristolian my loyalties lie with Somerset, can't remember the name Bissex though, Sadiq Mohammad was another great Glos' player at the time and Jim Foat was another regular

That Hampshire game was fantastic and on the box too, i seem to remember Proctor getting Trevor Jesty in those 4 wickets, one of the best batsmen in the world at that time, remember singing "proctorshire" endlessly at Lords in the final in the win against Kent, definitely outnumbered by the gas that day, in saying all this as a south Bristolian my loyalties lie with Somerset, can't remember the name Bissex though, Sadiq Mohammad was another great Glos' player at the time and Jim Foat was another regular

Jimmy Foat turned up down the County Ground a couple games ago, still as mad as ever !

And during those "endless" run of Lords finals City shirts outnumbered Gash shirts by the usual %age, loads to not very many !

just picking up on a thread within a thread (Thank you hooligans), I know the cricket season is over but do football fans still care about cricket? My late grand dad was a big City fan and Somerset fan and used to give me lots of stick for following Gloucestershire calling it a Rovers team. However,on the occasional times that I go to the County ground I see a lot of City fans, certainly more than Gasheads. So City fans Super Glos, Somerset or couldn't care less?

I should add, when Somerset paraded the Cup around Ashton Gate a few seasons back I stood and applauded, Marcus T is a good City man and I don't hate Somerset like I hate the Gas, not even close to it.

SOMERSET.Was evacuated to Martock during the last world war and never forgot how kind they were :englandflag:

Jimmy Foat turned up down the County Ground a couple games ago, still as mad as ever !

And during those "endless" run of Lords finals City shirts outnumbered Gash shirts by the usual %age, loads to not very many !

I can remember a banner at lords that read " Jim Foats on water" classic

Gloucester for me due to family. To be quite honest though,if it wasn't for a couple of mates harping on about City/South,Rovers/North, I probably wouldn't mind seeing Somerset win something. It seems more of a football fan thing to insist that if you are City you must be Somerset but in 45 years I've never even been to Taunton for cricket (Or anything in fact),but can walk easily up to Nevil Road. For me the common enemy has to be Graham Gooch,after his 'Minor Counties West' jibe 15 or so years ago. Since then Gloucs have had a Trophy binge,Glam have won the CC,and lets face it,once Somerset learn how to cross the finishing line,they' could easily dominate all forms for a while.

Brilliant , that was an hilarious show and I know very few people who used to watch it.

Back to Cricket , Glos for me. My Dad , who gave me my love of City , was not into cricket so I used to go to Nevil Road with my Mum's brothers (all gas I'm afraid) Luckily their attempts at brainwashing me into supporting the gas failed , but it will always be Glos as far as Cricket is concerened. The Nat West Final in 1999 remains one of my best days out at a sporting event.

Yep, superb baiting of that tw_a_t Caddick when fielding near to the boundary rope,

City, Gloucestershire & Bristol Rugby. Born and bred in the City of Bristol, then what became South Gloucestershire. Love my Footy, Cricket and Rugby. So these are my three natural choices.

I have always noted that we seem to be the only sizeable urban area (apart from London) in the UK, divided by a county boundary. Maybe this is why we can never agree on getting things done for the good of the city?

Same here Bill, really pisses me off that!

I'm a Worcestershire man for family reasons, all Dad's side of the family are over the border. None of Mum's side are into sport, so easy choice for me. Love seeing GCCC struggle for banter with mates, soft spot for Somerset

Blimey Woodsy, Worcestershire CCC and Gloucester RUFC and a soft spot for Somerset, You must like your fruit, Pears, Cherries and Apples.

BCFC, GCCC and BRUFC.

No, talking proper cricket, not tip and run !

Haha! I must admit in the first two seasons of T20 when Somerset were rubbish in it, I thought it was real Mickey Mouse stuff.

Then we won it and started getting to finals, now I love it.

I'll also admit never winning a championship in our history really hurts.

• Admin

City and Somerset for me, being from Weston, makes it an easy decision for me.

The big selling point with cricket is you can buyt a membership for the CB40 / LVCC for just over £100, so If you buy a membership at Somerset you only have to go to about four days of any game, and you make money of the offer, it is £20 up front of £25 on the day

Going to about 18 days of cricket (CB40 and LVCC) certainly saved hundreds of pounds on admission.

A true story from this summer, whilst at the T20 match against Essex, two guys in Rovers shirts (the only ones that I saw all season) were in the queue behind me for Cider, admittedly I had consumed more than can count on one hand. I approached these guys and told them that they were not welcome "South of the river", during a bit of banter one of the guys quips that they only come to one game a season normally and last season some guy with a weird nickname started winding them up - turned out that it was me the year before.

To be fair they did buy me a pint, and asked if they were allowed to come back next year...

Archived