IGNORED

The Atmosphere Down The Gate

CIDER NOT CIDRE

Im looking forward to the going to the Leeds game and thought Id express my views soooo...as we all know the Leeds fans have a reputation for making a lot of noise! We need to drown them out this Saturday and make them feel intimidated. The players need us to make it an intimidating atmosphere for the opposition, and give them the edge playing at home should give you. We need the Leeds fans to go home and remember us for the noise we make, rather than for not making enough noise like I always feel when Ive been to the Ricoh the previous two seasons.

I also think we should come up with more player chants like the John Stead 'hes big hes red' one. Because when Ive heard them from my mate whos a West Brom fan I imagine theyd sound pretty good. A chant for Elokobi would be good as well to make him welcome to our club.

Agree. Would love to hear more from the dolman/Williams but in terms of the ee I think it will be bouncing! Can't wait! COYR!!!

The Dolman and the Williams both have wide open views which don't compliment good acoustics. Plenty of fans do start chants and songs in the Dolman but unless your're sat fairly near to them you can't hear them. I can't hear the EE from my seat in B block Dolman but those in Blocks F and G can. AG was not designed with sound in mind.

Before I start, I'm feeling grumpy today as I've been in bed for 3 days with manflu.

Ok, can we get this over and done with? The atmosphere at Ashton Gate is dead!! Dead. I'm getting a bit fed-up with all of this "lets get the atmosphere going" as nobody is interested. I love the thought of getting it going trust me. The EastEnd is the only, I REPEAT, the only stand that has any interest. Fairplay to Forza Revolution (Ed) for trying to get it going in H Block, but as we found out (and Ed is still finding out) people simply aren't interested. END OF. For me this debate will continue until the club start to sell "Singing block tickets".

What are singing block tickets?

Simple, blocks in each stand dedicated to people who want to sing and create an atmosphere!! How many times have you wanted to sing, but you're worried that if you start you're going to end up looking a pleb singing on your own? People sing when other are singing. It almost gives you licence as people around you are doing it. Again, if singing is loud enough, people join in.

Around Ashton gate, barr the EastEnd, you've only got little pockets of people who are singing in each stand. If you had a whole block or two of people who wanted to sing then believe me it would soon spread in a stand. Especially if that block was located in the middle.

Also with "Singing blocks" you don't have to leave your preferred stand to get an atmosphere. Just join the signing block of said stand. Simple.

I'm fed-up of chanting and atmosphere being identified with hooliganism, that is such an 80's way of looking at it. Someone once said that the "players bounce off if the fans and the fans bounce off of the players". I believe that the players are doing their part, but we aren't bringing up our end of the bargain. Why? The club aren't exactly helping as they do make it as difficult as possible for us to generate atmosphere, as this new "commercially minded" club is proving with the EastEnd.

Let's get singing blocks and turn every stand into an EastEnd. Will it happen though? NO

Again, not the clubs fault.

People had their chance recently with the Atyeo - Didn't take it

Before the East End was re-opened there was the chance in the Williams and Dolman, less than 200 got season tickets.

It's all well and good saying that the club doesn't do and could do, but the fact is fans just aren't interested unless they are in the East End, and even then moan about speed of songs, what songs are ok ect ect. Painfull.

Before I start, I'm feeling grumpy today as I've been in bed for 3 days with manflu.

Ok, can we get this over and done with? The atmosphere at Ashton Gate is dead!! Dead. I'm getting a bit fed-up with all of this "lets get the atmosphere going" as nobody is interested. I love the thought of getting it going trust me. The EastEnd is the only, I REPEAT, the only stand that has any interest. Fairplay to Forza Revolution (Ed) for trying to get it going in H Block, but as we found out (and Ed is still finding out) people simply aren't interested. END OF. For me this debate will continue until the club start to sell "Singing block tickets".

What are singing block tickets?

Simple, blocks in each stand dedicated to people who want to sing and create an atmosphere!! How many times have you wanted to sing, but you're worried that if you start you're going to end up looking a pleb singing on your own? People sing when other are singing. It almost gives you licence as people around you are doing it. Again, if singing is loud enough, people join in.

Around Ashton gate, barr the EastEnd, you've only got little pockets of people who are singing in each stand. If you had a whole block or two of people who wanted to sing then believe me it would soon spread in a stand. Especially if that block was located in the middle.

Also with "Singing blocks" you don't have to leave your preferred stand to get an atmosphere. Just join the signing block of said stand. Simple.

I'm fed-up of chanting and atmosphere being identified with hooliganism, that is such an 80's way of looking at it. Someone once said that the "players bounce off if the fans and the fans bounce off of the players". I believe that the players are doing their part, but we aren't bringing up our end of the bargain. Why? The club aren't exactly helping as they do make it as difficult as possible for us to generate atmosphere, as this new "commercially minded" club is proving with the EastEnd.

Let's get singing blocks and turn every stand into an EastEnd. Will it happen though? NO

Your'e getting a bit fed up ?!!

Sorry Badger , but last week you were on here saying how you don't go to games now because of cost (fair enough) but now you're having a pop at the atmosphere !!

If the people who are still going want to get the atmosphere going , that's their choice , just like it's your choice not to go.

Gotta agree with badger its a hard ask. atyeo is a family stand. dolman has changed beyond saving unless the club actually moved fans which would mean jarring people off but even then v EE!! the williams was not that good even in years back with a terrace apart from the big games v rovers millwall. singing section away from EE might help.

Before the East End was re-opened there was the chance in the Williams and Dolman, less than 200 got season tickets.

It's all well and good saying that the club doesn't do and could do, but the fact is fans just aren't interested unless they are in the East End, and even then moan about speed of songs, what songs are ok ect ect. Painfull.

Would have to agree with that when I first started going the atmosphere in the Ateyo was rocking most games. When my mates starting going we moved up with the original h blockers which again was pretty loud. But over the years the atmosphere has gotten worse and worse i'm back in the e block now and will quite happily sing on my jack but at times it is painful.

Not entirely accurate although I do agree that those who want top sing and chant opt to forfeit a decent view and use the EE. That said many times I've heard people in Block B start a chant/song but it simply gets lost in wide open space in front of them. The sound virtually goes straight out and up. The other thing to remember that many who use the Dolman are veterans who have done all the chanting and signing in the past but have now lost interest. In my case it was the 70's and now I only occasionally join in. No doubt there are a lot of blokes like me.

Its wrong imo to criticise other fans who don't the same 'buzz' out of signing at chanting. Many of us have 'been there, done it and got the T shirt' but now get the 'buzz' out of watching City play some exciting football.Lets face it we've been starved of decent football since the days of Danny Wilson.

Robbo not entirely accurate either because the types of lads who used to make the noise in the dolman are no longer there in numbers in blocks that were unreserved. The noise didnt getting so lost did not make so much diffrence because there were so many lads in there singing to start with. that era is now gone with that type of fan not wearing club shirts coming in at 3pm from the pub in big numbers etc has largely gone. The sound really does get lost in the williams though. v rovers a lot of lads were singing but in the next block it was being lost. v the EE that does not happen.

singing areas which are unreserved away from EE might help a bit?

Not entirely accurate although I do agree that those who want top sing and chant opt to forfeit a decent view and use the EE. That said many times I've heard people in Block B start a chant/song but it simply gets lost in wide open space in front of them. The sound virtually goes straight out and up. The other thing to remember that many who use the Dolman are veterans who have done all the chanting and signing in the past but have now lost interest. In my case it was the 70's and now I only occasionally join in. No doubt there are a lot of blokes like me.

Its wrong imo to criticise other fans who don't the same 'buzz' out of signing at chanting. Many of us have 'been there, done it and got the T shirt' but now get the 'buzz' out of watching City play some exciting football.Lets face it we've been starved of decent football since the days of Danny Wilson.

As a fellow 'B blocker' I totally agree , although I'm not sure I'd class myself as a veteran just yet !

I agree with that too as I was one of the ones who helped start H Block with Forza. It was painful.

Your'e getting a bit fed up ?!!

Sorry Badger , but last week you were on here saying how you don't go to games now because of cost (fair enough) but now you're having a pop at the atmosphere !!

If the people who are still going want to get the atmosphere going , that's their choice , just like it's your choice not to go.

Its not my choice at all, its forced on me from a money point of you. Just because I can't attend for a few months doesn't mean that I haven't got the right to an opinion. I still know what's going on, i can still hear an atmosphere over player. So don't you dare suggest that I can't be bothered considering what I've done and do for the club.

Its not my choice at all, its forced on me from a money point of you.

Just because I can't attend for a few months doesn't mean that I haven't go the right to an opinion. I still know what going on. So don't you dare suggest that I can't be bothered considering what I've done and do for the club.

Who said you have no right to an opinion?

You came on here saying "Ok, can we get this over and done with?" and "I'm getting a bit fed-up with all of this "lets get the atmosphere going" as nobody is interested"

Well clearly people are interested or they would not be suggesting it.

As for you not going , is it not your choice to live in Bournemouth? If that then impedes you being able to attend AG , it is your choice. I'm not saying I don't have some sympathy for your situation but the tone of your post wiith your "END OF" and "I REPEAT" comes across in a very condescending way towards people who are still trying to make a difference.

Who said you have no right to an opinion?

You came on here saying "Ok, can we get this over and done with?" and "I'm getting a bit fed-up with all of this "lets get the atmosphere going" as nobody is interested"

Well clearly people are interested or they would not be suggesting it.

As for you not going , is it not your choice to live in Bournemouth? If that then impedes you being able to attend AG , it is your choice. I'm not saying I don't have some sympathy for your situation but the tone of your post wiith your "END OF" and "I REPEAT" comes across in a very condescending way towards people who are still trying to make a difference.

People aren't trying to make a difference though are they? Thats the problem. I have tried, Forza is trying, everything is failing as people aren't interested.

People aren't trying to make a difference though are they? Thats the problem. I have tried, Forza is trying, everything is failing as people aren't interested.

You've contradicted yourself there ! It's your perceived lack of interest that's the problem.

People ARE trying and for you to come on here saying you're fed up of that because , in your view , others aren't interested is poor form.

Just let them get on with it and I'm sure if they get "fed up" they'll knock it on the head soon enough.

The atmosphere at Ashton Gate is alot better than many other Championship grounds.

For a start the atmosphere at the three home games this season has been much better than at our four away games. Forest wasn't bad, but unsurprisingly Barnsley, Peterborough and Watford had no actual atmosphere to speak of from the home parts of the ground.

The atmosphere at Ashton Gate is alot better than many other Championship grounds.

For a start the atmosphere at the three home games this season has been much better than at our four away games. Forest wasn't bad, but unsurprisingly Barnsley, Peterborough and Watford had no actual atmosphere to speak of from the home parts of the ground.

Much depends on what fans see on the pitch and this season its been terrific stuff. Fast attacking football, lots of goals ( at both ends) and that exciting play rubs off onto the crowd. The three home games so far have all been tremendous entertainment and most of us leave AG after the game with that 'buzz' that's been missing for so long.

I agree. I tend to look at most visiting clubs' forums after our home games and more often than not they say very good things about the atmosphere created by the home crowd at AG; normally in the context of their own ground being poor. Clearly this has a lot to do with them being right next to the East End and they wouldn't have the same opinion if they were positioned elsewhere. However, always good to to send away fans home with this opinion of Ashton Gate.

+1

ELOKOBI WHOAAH, ELOKOBI WOAAHH... HE COMES FROM MOLINEUX, HES BIGGER THAN ME OR YOU ELOKOBI WHOOAHH!!

HE'LL EAT YOU ALIVE, HE'LL EAT YOU ALIVEEE THAT GEORGE ELOKOBI HE'LL EAT YOU ALIVE!

Wat dya think???

Why sing a song for a player just signed when we dont have songs for half of the others?

To welcome him but Im saying that we should have songs for all the players as well!

Archived