IGNORED

Doesn't Look Like Saturday Will Sell Out

Barrs Court Red

It looks like its a real uphill struggle to fill the empty seats for the club.

I could understand if it was the likes of Barnsley or Peterbrough, but City are scoring for fun and are facing arguably the biggest club in the division.

What is it? Price, risk of aggro, hangover from 4 poor years, needing a booking history?

Doesn't mean they are cheap enough, it's like the club saying our food and drink prices are the same as other clubs. That doesn't make it right, it's still overpriced

I don't disagree but cheapest ticket prices in the Championship and Bristol is one of the more affluent cities in England.

I think it's a combination of a few years of poor football under Johnson and Millen plus the Coppell fiasco, poor facilities at the stadium and the economic downturn.

Most clubs are facing the same problem. Brighton have suprised me the most, average has gone from 5-6k to 25k in two years. Guess this highlights the importance of a new stadium

Brighton are a bit different to all the other clubs with new stadiums - they always did get crowds of over 20K at the old Goldstone ground but the years spent at the Withdean capped their crowds at the stadium limit of 6K (well under their demand and "natural" support)

, so the new stadium's not pulling new fans , they've always been there but have just been unable to get tickets until now.

It'll take sustained success on the pitch to generate sellout crowds. If we're in the playoffs in the second half of the season I'd think we could get some capacity gates.

The economy is definitely taking it's toll despite what is a pretty good price structure from the club this season.

Be interested to know how attendances are doing across the league?

Brighton are a bit different to all the other clubs with new stadiums - they always did get crowds of over 20K at the old Goldstone ground but the years spent at the Withdean capped their crowds at the stadium limit of 6K (well under their demand and "natural" support)

, so the new stadium's not pulling new fans , they've always been there but have just been unable to get tickets until now.

Kind of agree, but in the final years at the Goldstone Ground they were getting some pretty poor attendences!!! 2k for one game that season in 1997

The Capacity of the Withdean was 8,850

Average Attendance:

2011-2012: 20,028

2010-2011: 7,352

2009-2010: 6,467

2008-2009: 6,092

2007-2008: 5936

2006-2007: 6047

2005-2006: 6802

2004-2005: 6426

2003-2004: 6247

2002-2003: 6650

They havent had an average anywhere near 20k for a very long time! Apparently the average for their total stay at the goldstone was 10k

Attendances right across the championship have been pretty shocking this season with Brighton the exception. Birmingham VS Bolton = £14k. Blackburn's last attendance was just under £13k . I know Ipswich have struggled but a season or two ago they pulled in £24k every game and only just managed £16k last time out. Finances are a major part but I genuinely feel that after the success of the Olympics and the abject failure of the Euros, many occasional fans have basically fallen out of love with football and it will take a fair while to get that back.

Be interested to know how attendances are doing across the league?

I suspect we won't know the % trends untill near May.

The FA cup third round could come as a pretty big shock, I have a feeling low attendances at all clubs, and that tends to stir the media to highlight poor crowds at league and cup games.

Unless we get into the top 6 I don't see the crowds getting any larger. I reckon the missing fans are around 20% are those who can't afford it ,20% for those who gave up with city because of bad we've been of recent. but the majority are the usual glory hunters who will only come if we are maybe getting promoted.

The main reason we got so many season tickets sold of the play off season was because people bought them early thinking if we get promoted I get to watch premier league football .

Having said that maybe we could see some new fans come through with our new entertaining football. One of my friends took his kids to the Blackburn game being a typical premier league supporter but said he was shocked how well played and scored. Saying he was thrilled with how exciting the game was.

The question was when did we last sell out, I just answered the question!!

It was the end of last season when the tickets were cheaper, £10 a ticket to be precise.

think derbys crowds are a pretty good yardstick to go by

usually high 20s even 30 plusses

this season low 20s

although they used to give out alot of freebies

obviously something going on

Archived