IGNORED

Doesn't Look Like Saturday Will Sell Out

Barrs Court Red

Out of interest what's the Swedish economy like ? Did you have to bail out banks too ?

Pretty good actually although lately decreasing. We learnt the lesson in the early 90's when at one time the interest rate was 500 percent due to defending the Krona and of course we lost out to in the end to Sorros having it "floating" and giving us a 18th chance exporting unemployment. Not in the Eurozone a blessing. Anyone in Bristol looking for a better life is welcome. You are dead certain to get a job and have a good life. the more City fans the better.

Pretty good actually although lately decreasing. We learnt the lesson in the early 90's when at one time the interest rate was 500 percent due to defending the Krona and of course we lost out to in the end to Sorros having it "floating" and giving us a 18th chance exporting unemployment. Not in the Eurozone a blessing. Anyone in Bristol looking for a better life is welcome. You are dead certain to get a job and have a good life. the more City fans the better.

Wow, am currently unemployed so that sounds appealing ! Unfortunately not fluent in Swedish.

Speaking fluent English is a great advantage. You are very likely to get a job :)

I guess this is a little off topic but it is it true that in Swden you're given contracts for work instead of permanent employment? For example, if you work as a sales person you will be given a year contract and then it's renewed each year, a bit like footballers' contracts?

Football is in decline all over the country. The cycle is coming to an end. In the 80's football was a dirty word. Then England at Italia 90 started the upward spiral through the 90's and 00's. And now English football has grown fat and bloated on it's success - it's time for a downward spiral as another country takes over as 'The best league in the world'. Nothing lasts forever.

The olympics had alot to do with it. People can't stomach morally bankrupt footballers after seeing all those inspirational athletes.

Also, cheapest ticket at Arsenal v Chelsea........£62!

Wow, how can you plan your life like that, get on with it. ( apologies if yer a young un )

Got your point. Exagerating a fair bit. When your kid gets old enough you get your own parents/partners parents as kids and suddenly you end up as 80 years old yourself (hopefully). When am I supposed to move to Bristol?? ;)

Yes? Point being?

I had assumed you would be able to put 2 and 2 together, forgive me. The price of the ticket still doesn't cover the costs of the squad and club or else we wouldn't be making a significant loss. "Overpriced" for something that the club loses money on, harsh or perhaps ignorant?

The Club doesnt help itself, £2 for a bottle of water that I can get for 60p on the walk from pub to ground.

If it was 60p I would buy it from the club.

Supplied by Lindley, whose contract makes your ticket cheaper. At least try and think of the bigger picture.

Got your point. Exagerating a fair bit. When your kid gets old enough you get your own parents/partners parents as kids and suddenly you end up as 80 years old yourself (hopefully). When am I supposed to move to Bristol?? ;)

Wasnt having a go, just showing respect,....now you come to mention it ime in the same boat, soon knocking on 60 and fell like a twenty year old, Nah, fifty six year old but loving it

I guess this is a little off topic but it is it true that in Swden you're given contracts for work instead of permanent employment? For example, if you work as a sales person you will be given a year contract and then it's renewed each year, a bit like footballers' contracts?

You got a point in what you are saying. Many employers use the very liberal system we got and let people work their asses off for six months and then get rid of them only to get fresh blood on board for another six months. We have been critizised by the OECD for this.

You got a point in what you are saying. Many employers use the very liberal system we got and let people work their asses off for six months and then get rid of them only to get fresh blood an board for another six months. We have been critizised by the OECD for this.

In fairness this system is just another scam to keep unemployment down and give big business a chance to piss on us

OK. I am averagely affluent. Money is not an issue. I would come to Ashton Gate this weekend but I am a spontaneous type of guy. I just want to turn up as in the old days and pay on the gate ... But there isn't this option. So it's another non league weekend ... but at least no segregation, a drink during the game etc. And none of those imbeciles we call stewards.

OK. I am averagely affluent. Money is not an issue. I would come to Ashton Gate this weekend but I am a spontaneous type of guy. I just want to turn up as in the old days and pay on the gate ... But there isn't this option. So it's another non league weekend ... but at least no segregation, a drink during the game etc. And none of those imbeciles we call stewards.

You can buy a ticket on the day.

I had assumed you would be able to put 2 and 2 together, forgive me. The price of the ticket still doesn't cover the costs of the squad and club or else we wouldn't be making a significant loss. "Overpriced" for something that the club loses money on, harsh or perhaps ignorant?

Supplied by Lindley, whose contract makes your ticket cheaper. At least try and think of the bigger picture.

Your still not getting his point, when tickets were £10 for adults we sold out now they are above £20 we won't, it does not matter to some people how much the wages are as if a product is overpriced for them they won't buy it.

It's what you call the waiting game.

The football over the past few season has been dire, how we have escaped the drop has been more of luck!

One by one fans have realised it just isn't worth watching the rubbish that was being dished up, so they started missing the odd game, then that became more often than not because there was still no improvement.

Supporters could see the problems and what was needed.

In comes Mcinnes who has had made some good signings and City have been scoring goals for fun.

But it's going take more than a couple of games and the visit of Leeds to get the fans coming back through the gates.

They are not part time supporters, but they are supporters who after years of supporting home and away finally said enough is enough.

City are on the right track but these supporters are not going to rush out to buy a season ticket, they will come back the same way left!

We will have at least 16/17k vs leeds which is an improvement money and poor football is the reason crowds have stayed away now we are playing good football they will trickle back if we stay in the top 10 until jan then we will be looking at 16/17k every week like our first season in the chamipionship and the beginning of our second,

oh and we can't make every game £10 its not fair on season ticket holders and we would fall foul of the FFP which in turn would lead to massive fines and a transfer embargo but people refuse to see the big picture,

Those who want to see city for a tenner every week should of got a season ticket in the EE its works out at about 10.78p or somthing per game

We will have at least 16/17k vs leeds which is an improvement money and poor football is the reason crowds have stayed away now we are playing good football they will trickle back if we stay in the top 10 until jan then we will be looking at 16/17k every week like our first season in the chamipionship and the beginning of our second,

oh and we can't make every game £10 its not fair on season ticket holders and we would fall foul of the FFP which in turn would lead to massive fines and a transfer embargo but people refuse to see the big picture,

Those who want to see city for a tenner every week should of got a season ticket in the EE its works out at about 10.78p or somthing per game

A lot of people on here call themselves fans but are just looking for excuses not to go, which is fine, but if they REALLY wanted to go they would, and not make up spurious "reasons" not to !

A lot of people on here call themselves fans but are just looking for excuses not to go, which is fine, but if they REALLY wanted to go they would, and not make up spurious "reasons" not to !

Yep your right, **** any treats etc for your kids for the month as long as I have enough money to watch city.

Why can't people accept it when they are told £20-£30 is to much for a lot of people to justify paying on even a semi regular basis to watch football.

Yep your right, **** any treats etc for your kids for the month as long as I have enough money to watch city.

Why can't people accept it when they are told £20-£30 is to much for a lot of people to justify paying on even a semi regular basis to watch football.

its been £20 plus to watch city for almost 10 years now

Football is in decline all over the country. The cycle is coming to an end. In the 80's football was a dirty word. Then England at Italia 90 started the upward spiral through the 90's and 00's. And now English football has grown fat and bloated on it's success - it's time for a downward spiral as another country takes over as 'The best league in the world'. Nothing lasts forever.

The olympics had alot to do with it. People can't stomach morally bankrupt footballers after seeing all those inspirational athletes.

Also, cheapest ticket at Arsenal v Chelsea........£62!

Good post. I think it's about time football took a downward spiral so we can start to claim the game back - Sky TV, the Premier League and ridiculous money have taken the game away from the hardcore supporters. Hopefully patience is beginning to wear thin and clubs are going to have to do something about it.

£62 is disgusting, it's pricing loyal fans out of watching their team. I admire City for introducing the new pricing structure, and I think we've got less right to complain than a lot of fans' supporters but until football in general wakes up and swallows a bit of pride then the fans will pick and choose their games with these obscene prices.

With regards to Brighton, they have had sustained success since Poyet took over and are strong contenders for promotion to the Premier League, and with a new stadium, it's no wonder their crowds are booming. If City are top 6 come March we'd sell out too. Sadly, we, like many other clubs, have a lot of fair-weather supporters who will only come back with a bit of success.

We've had 3 woeful seasons and it'll take more than a couple of decent performances to bring many people back. However, I believe the club is on an upward curve under McInnes and it won't be long til we have more nights like Palace in the playoffs again.

Archived