IGNORED

Team V Millwall

Taylor10

Apologies if this has already been done. Still pretty down after the result yesterday, but I am still confident we can beat Millwall tues. changes do need to be made though, so what would everyone do?

I'd go....

Heaton

M Wilson

J Wilson

Carey

Foster

Adomah

Elliott (if fit)

Kilkenny

Woolford

Davies

Baldock

Subs- Gerken, Fontaine, Pearson, Morris, Anderson, Stead, Taylor

Apologies if this has already been done. Still pretty down after the result yesterday, but I am still confident we can beat Millwall tues. changes do need to be made though, so what would everyone do?

I'd go....

Heaton

M Wilson

J Wilson

Carey

Foster

Adomah

Elliott (if fit)

Kilkenny

Woolford

Davies

Baldock

Subs- Gerken, Fontaine, Pearson, Morris, Anderson, Stead, Taylor

I think yesterday proved definitively that Kilkenny like his diminutive predecessor, Lee Johnson, cannot play in a midfield 4. Whilst he is ok going forward he is the most wimpish Aussie I have ever encountered and is about as likely to tackle as Ian Holloway having a city tattoo!!!!! We were swamped in midfield and he was very much responsible for Leeds 3rd goal in my humble opinion as he looked more likely to hold Tonge's hand and guide him towards goal than he was to tackle him, despite being nearest to him. Not the answer.

I think yesterday proved definitively that Kilkenny like his diminutive predecessor, Lee Johnson, cannot play in a midfield 4. Whilst he is ok going forward he is the most wimpish Aussie I have ever encountered and is about as likely to tackle as Ian Holloway having a city tattoo!!!!! We were swamped in midfield and he was very much responsible for Leeds 3rd goal in my humble opinion as he looked more likely to hold Tonge's hand and guide him towards goal than he was to tackle him, despite being nearest to him. Not the answer.

Tough one to call, I think Pearson may need to be dropped and Morris and Elliott could be too defensive??

Kilkenny always seems to play well against Millwall. IF he plays tues fingers crossed he can actually contribute something other than his constant bitching and pointing.

We need someone to break up the play in midfield so maybe Morris or Elliot, Leeds ran the midfield yesterday with there 35 year old Michael Brown. Would start with Baldock as he seems to ask different questions of the opposition's defence with his movement making more space for others. With Stead and Taylor we are a bit one dimensional although Taylor's hold up play is reasonable.

---------------------------------------Heaton-----------------------------------

Foster------------------Wilson-----------------Carey©----------------M Wilson

Adomah---------------Elliott---------------------Killkenny----------------Anderson

-------------------------Baldock------------------------Davies-------------------------

Bench:

Gerken

Fonts

Pearson

Morris

Wooly

Pitman (adds another type of player instead of having stead and taylor)

Taylor

---------------------------------------Heaton-----------------------------------

Foster------------------Wilson-----------------Carey©----------------M Wilson

Adomah---------------Elliott---------------------Killkenny----------------Anderson

-------------------------Baldock------------------------Davies-------------------------

Bench:

Gerken

Fonts

Pearson

Morris

Wooly

Pitman (adds another type of player instead of having stead and taylor)

Taylor

I would be extremely happy if this was the line up. But will McInnes drop Fontaine? I'm not sure.

I would be extremely happy if this was the line up. But will McInnes drop Fontaine? I'm not sure.

he should do as he has been poor getting dropped will make him realise that and hopefully if he has the right attitude he should come back stronger.

I feel Wooly needs to be rested and Pitman on the bench as yesterday we only had one dimention until Baldock came on

Once, and that was the only game he's ever stood out for me

The away game of last season at Millwall was his best performance in a City shirt be a country mile.

The return game at our place was probably his second best, he did well that night, but worryingly has offered very little else since.

It's not ideal, it's 10x better than Foster though. At least Fontaine can pass, tackle and be positionally correct at times, just needs to cut out the individual errors. Foster however just has pace and nothing else.

Bit harsh on foster only has pace not sure think he's got a bit more than that IMO think he's been quite good this season and the cross he put over for Albert on sat was quality as we all know central defence is our big problem . As for Fontaine he looks right out of form I would rather see Carey and Wilson centre backs at the moment and Fontaine dropped mistake after mistake not saying he ain't a good player just seems to have lost form and confidence just my opinion COYR

Bit harsh on foster only has pace not sure think he's got a bit more than that IMO think he's been quite good this season and the cross he put over for Albert on sat was quality as we all know central defence is our big problem . As for Fontaine he looks right out of form I would rather see Carey and Wilson centre backs at the moment and Fontaine dropped mistake after mistake not saying he ain't a good player just seems to have lost form and confidence just my opinion COYR

This is a game for Carey alright, but he must be in central defence, and he needs to lead by example to give Wilson the chance to shine that Fontaine's astoundingly bad form has denied him.

An inexperienced centre back really does need a solid and confident defensive partner, and Carey, presuming the rest has done him good, is the nearest we've got to that at the moment.

I'd drop Fontaine, Pearson and Stead, and rest Taylor.

Heaton

Foster, Carey, J.Wilson, Nyatanga

Albert, Elliot, Kilkenny, Woolford

Davies, Baldock

Subs: Gerken, M.Wilson, Fontaine, Morris, Taylor, Anderson, Pitman.

Archived