IGNORED

Team V Millwall

Taylor10

except a good final ball, good first touch and the pace to recover? yeah ok.

A good first touch? I've never really witnessed him in a situation where his first touch ability has been tested. A good final ball is a joke though, his cross was great on Saturday but apart from that incident I can't recall him producing a good final ball, in fact he constantly concedes possession when misplacing passes. The pace I've already agreed with but it's all he has.

Absolutely has to be Davies and Baldock up front. If they cant get in the side tomorrow Del runs the risk of losing their respect without any doubt. Given our car crash of a back four, a more defensive holding midfielder like Morris may be what we need as long as the aforementioned duo start up front !!!! A defensive midfileder will be no good with Taylor and Stead up top but Baldock and Davies have the pedigree and pace to create far more for themselves than the other two.

I think it will be: Heaton; Wilson, Wilson, Fonts, Foster; Adomah, Kilkenny, Pearson, Woolford; Taylor, Baldock

But I'd like to see 4-3-3 (Not 4-5-1):

-------------------Heaton-------------------

-----------------------------------------------

mWilson - JWilson - Fontaine - Foster

--------Kilkenny - Elliot - Pearson-------

-------Adomah - Taylor - Davies--------

Looking at dels comments " but players don't become bad overnight. We want the crowd to get right behind us for the entire game." I'm guessing that is referring to Fontaine so think he will start

Imagine it'll be something like

Heaton

Carey

J Wilson

Fontaine

Foster

Adomah

Elliott

Pearson

Woolford

Taylor

Baldock

Although I'm hoping he starts Davies and Morris, in place of woolford/taylor and Pearson. All who have not particularly Impressed in the last few games and could do with a rest.

.........................Heaton...................

...........Carey.....J.Wilson......Fontaine..

Foster....Adomah....Elliott.......Anderson...Davies

...................Baldock......Taylor................

That's my pick. Maybe swap Fontaine with Tanglefoot

A midfield 3 of Elliott, Adomah and Anderson?? With Davies as a wing back?

What have you been on?

Davies started of as a left winger, not afraid to tackle and quick and good in the air. We don't have a LB at the moment only players who can play there out of position.

The midfield of 3 one defensive and can break up play feed theanther 2 who can break forward at pace.

Everyone is worried on here what Henderson and Wood will do with our defence. Millwall are a team we can go out and score plenty against I don't care if we win 6-5 as long as we put the ball in their net more than them we win.

That's what I'm on

I was sure M wilson did the draw/cap for a kiddie thing before the match on Saturday and David Lloyd wished him well with his injury. I wasn't really paying attention and it might not have been him, especially as so many have included him in your selections. Of course a miracle might just happen and he has recovered from injury.

Anyway i thought I'd check on the OS in the 'Injuries and Bans' section. Good news we have NO long term injuries, only Fontaine out short term with an ankle injury!!! But we also have players like David James, Campbell-Rice and Nicky Hunt available to play. :help::facepalm:

I don't know why everyone is having a go at fonts. Yes he's had a few shaky games but i put this down to a lack of commanding centre half next to him. J Wilson and him are very similar players, both ball playing defenders not the Shaun Taylor first ball winning type centre half that we all know is the problem. Second goal on Saturday was a prime example, simple ball into the box Wilson let Beccio out muscle him to win the header into Diouf and the third was a terrible pass by Carey and they punished us.

Like Del said get behind them all, until we get Greg back and a commanding centre back we will keep leaking goals. Can almost guarantee Millwall will be pumping the ball into the box.

I don't know why everyone is having a go at fonts. Yes he's had a few shaky games but i put this down to a lack of commanding centre half next to him. J Wilson and him are very similar players, both ball playing defenders not the Shaun Taylor first ball winning type centre half that we all know is the problem. Second goal on Saturday was a prime example, simple ball into the box Wilson let Beccio out muscle him to win the header into Diouf and the third was a terrible pass by Carey and they punished us.

Like Del said get behind them all, until we get Greg back and a commanding centre back we will keep leaking goals. Can almost guarantee Millwall will be pumping the ball into the box.

Carey's pass was incredibly lax and did indeed lead to their 3rd goal.

He made a similar inexplicable howler for Blackburn's 3rd (or 4th) when he for no apparent reason hammered the ball into the Dolman with plenty of time to play the ball upfield and out of danger and they scored from the resultant throw in.

Fonts may have suffered from playing alongside Wilson but the opposite is perhaps even more likely and relevant - that Wilson could have expected his experienced central defensive partner to help him through these games with solid play and leading by example rather than possibly be in the worst and least confident form of his career.

Fontaine will be back but, for all his faults, we need Carey in the team tonight and it would be very harsh to drop young Wilson to accommodate him when Fontaine has been so poor.

You could say he deserves to be allowed to play himself back in to form, but it seems to me he's already had more than enough opportunity to do that, and if he had another stinker tonight the fear is the crowd may turn on him and really destroy his confidence.

I would go with:

Heaton

M Wilson J Wilson Fontaine Foster

Admonah Kilkenny Pearson Anderson

Davies Baldock

As much as Fontaine has been poor this season he is our captain and I think we should back him to change his form around. In midfield I think Woolfy could do with a rest coz he has been poor the last couple of games. Would stick with Killa/Pearson mainly coz Elliott and Skuse are injured. Up front I would go with Davies & Baldock just to change it up a but with 2 games in 3 days.

The first goal we conceded on sat was down to foster letting in the right winger too easily because he was right footed. Ipswich at home when we lost 3-0 was another time we played two left footed centre backs and Lee Martin scored because Fonts got turnt onto his right and didn't get close enough... It will only end badly if we play four right footers tonight.

Fontaine has started every game. Everyone else in the back four & central midfield has changed yet we still are conceding goals coincidence??? I think not. He's not good enough and hasn't been for 2/3 seasons

Perhaps not quite that far back, but certainly has been poor this season so far. I would give him the chance with a top ball winning CB before judging him personally.

Perhaps not quite that far back, but certainly has been poor this season so far. I would give him the chance with a top ball winning CB before judging him personally.

Yeah. Maybe play him in the Chelsea back 4, that way he'd have three others to carry him. :blink:

He is the weakest link. Goodbye!

Archived