IGNORED

Team V Millwall

Taylor10

Yeah. Maybe play him in the Chelsea back 4, that way he'd have three others to carry him. :blink:

He is the weakest link. Goodbye!

He is the one constant link in a chain of weak links. He may be the weakest. Given what we know about the alternatives and the current state of confidence defensively, dropping him when he is club captain would carry a risk. We don't know enough of his character to know whether this would get the correct reaction or make things worse. Thankfully I think Del has the nous to get that decision correct, whatever that is.

He is the one constant link in a chain of weak links. He may be the weakest. Given what we know about the alternatives and the current state of confidence defensively, dropping him when he is club captain would carry a risk. We don't know enough of his character to know whether this would get the correct reaction or make things worse. Thankfully I think Del has the nous to get that decision correct, whatever that is.

It's also got to be damaging other members of the squad who see a woefully under performing player being picked again and again whilst they wait in the wings for their chances (not even neccessarily the centre backs, but the squad as a whole)

Nobody, skipper or otherwise, is beyond reproach. Fontaine needs to be dropped for his own good because if he keeps going like this it won't be long before some of our fickle fans turn on him ala Johnson, Woolford and Macca.

Time for a break for Liam, especially in a game against Millwall with Henderson, Wood and Keogh all likely to give him a torrid physical battle.

It's also got to be damaging other members of the squad who see a woefully under performing player being picked again and again whilst they wait in the wings for their chances (not even neccessarily the centre backs, but the squad as a whole)

Nobody, skipper or otherwise, is beyond reproach. Fontaine needs to be dropped for his own good because if he keeps going like this it won't be long before some of our fickle fans turn on him ala Johnson, Woolford and Macca.

Time for a break for Liam, especially in a game against Millwall with Henderson, Wood and Keogh all likely to give him a torrid physical battle.

Spot on Tansley.

I could not have put it better myself! Although I am not expecting Fonts to be dropped.

never been good enough in my opinion, and also, where is the proof that if we had a dominant centre half along side him, he will suddenly be fine? baffles me.

if it wasn't for his ankle inury last year he was set to sign for Southampton for 1million............ that would of been great business.

fontaine is a player who has been the only consistant in the team in dels reign, when not injured or suspended he has played- and i am struggling to remember a captains like performance, or even a run of good performances.

never been good enough in my opinion, and also, where is the proof that if we had a dominant centre half along side him, he will suddenly be fine? baffles me.

if it wasn't for his ankle inury last year he was set to sign for Southampton for 1million............ that would of been great business.

fontaine is a player who has been the only consistant in the team in dels reign, when not injured or suspended he has played- and i am struggling to remember a captains like performance, or even a run of good performances.

+1

Much as I think he should be dropped you cannot possibly be so scathing of his entire time here.

He has been a top player for us for a number of years and whilst frustrations are running high with him and his current form it is unfair to dismiss that.

There can be no question that in his time here he has put in numerous performances of considerable class, just at present he cannot do anything right at all and needs to be dropped for a short period to help fix that.

Much as I think he should be dropped you cannot possibly be so scathing of his entire time here.

He has been a top player for us for a number of years and whilst frustrations are running high with him and his current form it is unfair to dismiss that.

There can be no question that in his time here he has put in numerous performances of considerable class, just at present he cannot do anything right at all and needs to be dropped for a short period to help fix that.

I struggle to remember a run of consistently good performances......

Clean sheet tonight, thats what Im hoping for. Millwall conceding many goals and dont score so offen. We beat them tvice last season, lets repeat the trick. As we say in swedish, bort med bollen, away with the ball in english. We have to be strong in defence and be fysical, hard to meet. Hope Marw can play and help the def. COYR.

---------------------------------------Heaton-----------------------------------

Foster------------------Wilson-----------------Carey©----------------M Wilson

Adomah---------------Elliott---------------------Killkenny----------------Anderson

-------------------------Baldock------------------------Davies-------------------------

Bench:

Gerken

Fonts

Pearson

Morris

Wooly

Pitman (adds another type of player instead of having stead and taylor)

Taylor

this would be spot on

---------------------------------------Heaton-----------------------------------

Foster------------------Wilson-----------------Carey©----------------M Wilson

Adomah---------------Elliott---------------------Killkenny----------------Anderson

-------------------------Baldock------------------------Davies-------------------------

Bench:

Gerken

Fonts

Pearson

Morris

Wooly

Pitman (adds another type of player instead of having stead and taylor)

Taylor

Sounds good but my only query is why is Carey copywrited

Archived