IGNORED

Evander Sno Cardiac Arrest

DANRPDAN

"Evander (Sno) had a cardiac arrest which was followed by a shock from his internal defibrillator," Feyenoord doctor Casper van Eijck said.

"And the shock is what he felt and that terrified him, which I could see in his eyes on the pitch.

"He was transported to a hospital because the defibrillator caused arrhythmia (abnormal heart beat) so he has to stay there for the night."

Sno had the defibrillator fitted after suffering a cardiac arrest playing for Ajax Amsterdam's reserves in September 2010 when he was revived by the use of an external defibrillator.

The 25-year-old Dutchman, who started his career at Feyenoord before spells with NAC Breda, Celtic, Ajax, Bristol City and RKC Waalwijk, was substituted after 34 minutes of Saturday's Dutch league match which Nijmegen lost 5-1.

Get well soon Evander

Really hope he hangs up his boots, if it's happened twice in such a small space of time then it will more than likely happen again and next time who's to say he won't be so lucky? Such a shame he was a great talent, will never forget how he pretty much singlehandedly destroyed us with Ajax, pulling all then strings. Get well soon Evander, hope you make the right career choice, life is much more than a game a football.

Horrible news, such a lovely player to watch on his day. As others have said, 2 heart problems in 2/3 years isnt going to do any good to his already fragile body, please hang up your boots Evander. I and everyone else here wishes you a speedy recovery and all the very best for the future. Maybe the club could make a small gesture to him again, i know we did last time but he probably needs a massive lift after this.

didn't know he played for Nijmegen, I have family there and once watched Nijmegen play Leeds in a pre season freindly ( a long time ago )!! I always look out for there results

I thought sno didn't get the credit he deserved at his time with us, sometimes players just don't fit in for whatever reason, there's been many a time when a player has been slagged off or ridiculed that they should play for us only to find themselves in the 'Premier League'!!

Archived