IGNORED

Ashley Cole

Barrs Court Red

Harry Redknap said Cole was the best LB in the world, and had been for a few years. Said it on MotD the other week.

I'm sure all the sofa managers know better than 'arry....

It's a matter of opinion. Just because 'arry thinks he is world class does not mean Cole is of that status. Another manager for instance such as Fergie may turn around and feel different. So who's right then? Sometimes a fan's opinion should be credited the same as a 'professionals' view.

It's a matter of opinion. Just because 'arry thinks he is world class does not mean Cole is of that status. Another manager for instance such as Fergie may turn around and feel different. So who's right then? Sometimes a fan's opinion should be credited the same as a 'professionals' view.

I'm happy to listen to Professional managers views...but to say fans opinions should be credited the same as a professionals view is madness...how can you say that? Fans only watch a game. Managers are dealing with these players 24/7. What goes on behind closed doors and the training ground is just as important. We just see the tip of the iceberg.

I'm happy to listen to Professional managers views...but to say fans opinions should be credited the same as a professionals view is madness...how can you say that? Fans only watch a game. Managers are dealing with these players 24/7. What goes on behind closed doors and the training ground is just as important. We just see the tip of the iceberg.

I should of been more specific. If I was to sit here and say so and so about Cole, and that Redknapp perhaps feels different about him, who is right? None of us would be of course. But it is guaranteed Redknapp could go into more detail about Cole and his playing style than me, as he is a professional manager and of course knows his stuff. But I still feel fans can contribute and put across some very interesting points that could be deemed as a 'professional' and a 'accurate' view of Cole.

And of course in your last comment we only see what we are told by club officials and ahem 'media'. Behind closed doors it could be a whole different saga.

Well Ashley should have slept on his thoughts about the FA before posting his feelings on twitter.

He should stick to what he does best playing left back for Chelsea and England.

And having sex with nightclub groupies/ pole dancers etc.

Yes Vicar................sounds like one hell of a life to me :banana:

The FA is no longer fit for purpose. After Terry was cleared by a court of law the proper thing to have done would have been to drop the case. And now we have Hodgson discussing the make-up of the England squad with fellow passengers on a London tube. 'Tight-lipped' Sir Alf Ramsey must be turning in his grave.

Yeah, not all that bothered to be honest :cool2:

To be fair to the lad, we've all said the same about the FA, can't see him playing for England again

(he's called the FA a bunch of ***** on twitter)

not even going to read the rest of the thread. ashley cole is welcome down my place, I will wheel the pillock out :)

Ashley cole is the kind of person you find under a rock. It's easy to say name a better left back, when most of us aren't aware of other leagues and national teams around the world, so that automatically makes him the best. Have a look at who is playing left back for argentina, brazil, Uruguay, Spain, Germany, holland and Italy, plus barca real, ac Milan, inter and bayern Munich, they are the strongest sides in Europe.

Ashley cole is the kind of person you find under a rock. It's easy to say name a better left back, when most of us aren't aware of other leagues and national teams around the world, so that automatically makes him the best. Have a look at who is playing left back for argentina, brazil, Uruguay, Spain, Germany, holland and Italy, plus barca real, ac Milan, inter and bayern Munich, they are the strongest sides in Europe.

Who won the Champions League last season?

Who played left back?

I don't particularly like Ashley Cole, but he is clearly a world class footballer. Those trying to convince themselves that Leighton Baines is better are telling themselves porkies. Just accept he is a great player but not exactly Mastermind.

Neither Jordi Alba nor Marcelo are better than Cole, as much as I don't like the bloke, I cannot think of a better LB.

I would say Jordi Alba is close, but Marcello is so weak defensively that he can't be considered alongside cole.

For me Lahm in the best left back on the planet followed by Cole.

Much as he is a prize plum, he is 100% correct that the FA are indeed a bunch of *****.

To be fair to the lad, we've all said the same about the FA, can't see him playing for England again

(he's called the FA a bunch of ***** on twitter)

Agreed but this is evidence never heard in court and the allegation is Cole changed his statement to the FA by having the word 'black' inserted because he 'might' of heard Ferdinand say the word black, a word that Terry then repeats.

The problem is that by the time there is a court case and smart £1500 an hours defence lawyers manage to have have much of the evidence suppressed, the defence witnesses are coached and a not guilty result is always on the cards. The statements to the FA were made weeks earlier when the episode is far clearer in the peoples involved minds and the process is not subject to legal smoke and mirrors that high priced lawyers can conjure up.

My feeling is Terry got off lightly and should just accept it and as for Cole 'that' tweet that Rio did not post himself is about correct IMO.

Agreed but this is evidence never heard in court and the allegation is Cole changed his statement to the FA by having the word 'black' inserted because he 'might' of heard Ferdinand say the word black, a word that Terry then repeats.

The problem is that by the time there is a court case and smart £1500 an hours defence lawyers manage to have have much of the evidence suppressed, the defence witnesses are coached and a not guilty result is always on the cards. The statements to the FA were made weeks earlier when the episode is far clearer in the peoples involved minds and the process is not subject to legal smoke and mirrors that high priced lawyers can conjure up.

My feeling is Terry got off lightly and should just accept it and as for Cole 'that' tweet that Rio did not post himself is about correct IMO.

Agreed about JT getting off lightly. Apparently Cole changed the B word from Bridge (which would make sense of Terry's subsequent comment) to black

Stupid thing is, fa charge terry of using racial language but say he's not racist. How is that possible he even said it or didn't.

I think fa wanted him charged in court but when it came back he was not guilty they had a problem, as in fa law states can't be charged on something already been in court so had to do something.

I think terry did say what he said but the fa as usual messed it up, to many lawyers etc. involved even at fa hearing didn't help and took so long to sort out.

Stupid thing is, fa charge terry of using racial language but say he's not racist. How is that possible he even said it or didn't.

I think fa wanted him charged in court but when it came back he was not guilty they had a problem, as in fa law states can't be charged on something already been in court so had to do something.

I think terry did say what he said but the fa as usual messed it up, to many lawyers etc. involved even at fa hearing didn't help and took so long to sort out.

It's not hard to comprehend :D. I take the mickey out of gingers. It doesn't mean I hate all ginger people.

And herein lies the problem. When the FA can use 'balance of probability' it is all too easy to allow 'feelings' to cloud the issue. He was cleared by the law of the land, 'beyond reasonable doubt', and the FA should have been content to lay the matter to rest. Differing opinions on here, naturally, but Cole is a pretty decent full-back and with Terry and Cahill from the same club you would have had the makings of a sound England defence, a defence that was good enough to win the Champions League anyway.

Major difference using racist language, to being a racist. People, often in the heat of the moment, will say something that that know is going to hurt someone in the worst way they can think of out of pure anger. It doesn't mean they did it because they are racist. They did it to piss someone off. A bit different to a cold calculated racist who choose to live their lives disliking a certain race/races.

I have no idea if Terry is a racist, what he appears to be is a utter cock, which is something else entirely.

Archived