IGNORED

George Ferguson - Ashton Vale & Bcfc

cider head

Very black and white. Clearly not the case, you will get NIMBYs in Ashton Gate and NIMBY's in Ashton Vale, those in Ashton would quite like the stadium in AV, and Those in AV would like the stadium to stay where it is.

Are you suggesting we should set up a secret club where only those in the know can join, and only agree to anything that is 100% in benefit for Bristol City?

For info, I don't live in any of these two areas. But if a family member lived in one of those areas, and it would some how adversely effect there way of life, I would probably disagree with the football club, as my family is more important than Bristol City, if that would be deemed as having a cause so be it, why shouldn't it be heard? We do not live in a communist state!. I don't so I will generally fall on your side Rich. But to suggest Bristol City fans cannot oppose things they disagree with, and do so on this forum, is ridiculous

I haven't the time or inclination to put every possible scenario into the equasion, I have used a generalisation to give an idea of what is happening. Opposition groups or individuals are using this site to gain information and use it against us.

There is only one opposition site with open access to post, if you do post, be prepared for all sorts of tactics to be used against you. The opponents have kept their tactics secret and have used a united front even when obviously not united with their different reasons for opposition, That in my opinion is one reason why they are always one step ahead of us, we have been too open.

As usual a topic has somehow been changed from it's original course and those people so inclined have once more taken advantage of the situation to plug their cause.

I don't propose a communist state, secret club membership or that fans cannot voice an opinion on this forum, to suggest that I do is absolutely ridiculous.

I just wish people would be a little more aware of what they are saying and whether it could be used against the club, like so much has already. Don't forget, those opposed have already got their secret meetings and message boards and we're giving them yet another platform.

It was a discussion re a prospective candidate for Mayor who has support in the form of Colin Sexstone who hardly fits the description of TVG campaigner. Perhaps you should take your concerns to Mr Sexstone!

It was a discussion re a prospective candidate for Mayor who has support in the form of Colin Sexstone who hardly fits the description of TVG campaigner. Perhaps you should take your concerns to Mr Sexstone!

I'm sorry but I don't get your reference to taking my concerns to a former chairman of this club. I don't believe he is an opponent to the stadium, or a TVG supporter and I don't believe he is in this discussion.

He has merely voiced his opinion in the local media saying that GF is the only independent candidate worth voting for, or something along those lines. For the record, I agree with that opinion.

On the other hand, I would also like to point out that GF says one thing ,then does another, such as his vocal support for local shops, whilst at the same time providing possibly unwelcome competition to those local shops from his premises.

Archived