IGNORED

Barcelona

westred1

Who won the Copa del rey,the UEFA super cup,the FIFA world club championship and the Supercup de Espania then??

2nd in the league and champions league semis last year. At the moment there currently 8 points clear in the best league in the world, yeah it really sounds like they have been found out ;)

Oh dear! Sometimes I read things and just despair.

How do you define best league in the world? Spain is a jumped up version of the spl. Where the smaller clubs are shafted on and have to take the leagues tv deal, where barca and real can negotiate their own deals, keeping the smaller clubs firmly under their size 10's. For me not a good league, made very uncompetitive due the disgraceful have and have not attitude of the Spanish FA which seem to want to make their league a two team procession. I know you will come back with a argument how well Spanish teams did in UEFA league. But I am talking purely about their league, not European competition, where UEFA league is looked on rather like the league cup in this country.

I personally prefer more competitive leagues. You can't argue about the quality of Spain's big two, but I would wonder just how good their European campaigns would be if their league was a little more competitive. I expect they would still be dominant, but with a better league, they may be a little more pressure to perform at a higher level each week, other than the strolls in the park they have for many games.

I would define the best league in the world as the league that has the best players, the better teams and the league that plays the best football.

A league where the majority of the international team that are currently World Champions and European Champions play there football.

I would define the best league in the world as the league that has the best players, the better teams and the league that plays the best football.

A league where the majority of the international team that are currently World Champions and European Champions play there football.

So a good 2 team league then :)

:) that's a matter of opinion, the top players will always play for the top teams,it's the case in all the top leagues.

Spain has 6-8 teams that would hold there own in any other European league.

England probably have 4 maybe 5, Germany 3-4 and Italy 2-3.

No worries, I have a Bee in my bonnet concerning how the Spanish FA have screwed over the other teams with their TV deal, which has let the Big two romp away with their two team format, and ruin what was once a fairly competitive league, it is an utter disgrace. I shall let you take a look at the following league tables over the past few years, and let you guess roughly when the Spanish FA screwed over the rest of their league :)

07/08 Season

1. Madrid - 76

2. Barcelona - 76

3. Sevilla - 71

4. Valencia - 66

5. Villareal - 62

08/09 season

1. Barcelona - 87

2. Real Madrid - 78

3. Sevilla - 70

4. Atletico - 67

5. Villareal - 65

09/10 Season

1. Barcelona - 99

2. Real Madrid - 96

3. Valencia - 71

4. Sevilla - 63

5. Mallorca - 62

10/11 Season

1. Barcelona - 96

2. Real Madrid - 92

3. Valencia - 71

4. Villareal - 62

5. Sevilla - 58

11/12 Season

1. Real Madrid - 100

2. Barcelona - 91

3. Valencia - 61

4. Malaga - 58

5. Atletico Madrid - 56

No worries, I have a Bee in my bonnet concerning how the Spanish FA have screwed over the other teams with their TV deal, which has let the Big two romp away with their two team format, and ruin what was once a fairly competitive league, it is an utter disgrace. I shall let you take a look at the following league tables over the past few years, and let you guess roughly when the Spanish FA screwed over the rest of their league :)

07/08 Season

1. Madrid - 76

2. Barcelona - 76

3. Sevilla - 71

4. Valencia - 66

5. Villareal - 62

08/09 season

1. Barcelona - 87

2. Real Madrid - 78

3. Sevilla - 70

4. Atletico - 67

5. Villareal - 65

09/10 Season

1. Barcelona - 99

2. Real Madrid - 96

3. Valencia - 71

4. Sevilla - 63

5. Mallorca - 62

10/11 Season

1. Barcelona - 96

2. Real Madrid - 92

3. Valencia - 71

4. Villareal - 62

5. Sevilla - 58

11/12 Season

1. Real Madrid - 100

2. Barcelona - 91

3. Valencia - 61

4. Malaga - 58

5. Atletico Madrid - 56

The whole Spanish tv deal is different to things in this country. ALL premier league games in this country are on pay tv.

In Spain it varies from pay per view, pay tv and also free to view.

I'm pretty sure that every Premier league team gets more than every Spanish team except the big 2 ( I can't verify this though).

I agree that all clubs should get the same, but I guess that as Barca and RM are massive world wide clubs,they can attract the bigger better deals.

I would imagine that Man U,Chelsea etc get more sky money than other teams, simply because there on sky more than the likes of Norwich and Wigan etc.

The whole Spanish tv deal is different to things in this country. ALL premier league games in this country are on pay tv.

In Spain it varies from pay per view, pay tv and also free to view.

I'm pretty sure that every Premier league team gets more than every Spanish team except the big 2 ( I can't verify this though).

I agree that all clubs should get the same, but I guess that as Barca and RM are massive world wide clubs,they can attract the bigger better deals.

I would imagine that Man U,Chelsea etc get more sky money than other teams, simply because there on sky more than the likes of Norwich and Wigan etc.

Indeed, better if the FA can butt out and let the clubs formalise their own deals, then clubs only have their-selves to blame. But they won't as they want their share out of it, but happily let Real And Barca do their own thing (most probably some back handers thrown in along the way)

I used to Like La Liga, for me now, ruined, no matter how good the "product" is at the the big two. A once great league ruined by greed.

As for premier league, well all of the top teams have got to where they are through Sugar Daddy's Apart from Man U who came good at the perfect time to make the profits to sustain their success, what happens them in the future who knows, it seems their owners are killing the slowly. TV money is Great in the premier league, but your Abramovic's and Saudis make the real difference, not the TV money.

Indeed, better if the FA can butt out and let the clubs formalise their own deals, then clubs only have their-selves to blame. But they won't as they want their share out of it, but happily let Real And Barca do their own thing (most probably some back handers thrown in along the way)

I used to Like La Liga, for me now, ruined, no matter how good the "product" is at the the big two. A once great league ruined by greed.

While I can see the greed about RM, I don't see the same with Barcelona.

They have about 8-9 players that have come through there own youth academy.

They do go out and buy top quality once or twice a year, but haven't spent anywhere near all the other top European clubs have in the last few years.

For a club of there size, who could go out and buy just about anyone they wanted, I think it's great that they are bringing there own youth through.

While I can see the greed about RM, I don't see the same with Barcelona.

They have about 8-9 players that have come through there own youth academy.

They do go out and buy top quality once or twice a year, but haven't spent anywhere near all the other top European clubs have in the last few years.

For a club of there size, who could go out and buy just about anyone they wanted, I think it's great that they are bringing there own youth through.

I kind of agree, but they are still massive buyers, they have spent 265 million on 10 players in the last 4 years, the lowest transfer of these big 10 being 14.5 million for Martin Caceres. That is just the big signings, god knows how much when you add the smaller signings. It does seem they do better with their youth players, who know how to play the system, often these big buys are flops.

To be honest, when i was talking about greed, I was mainly focussing on the SFA, who have ruined their league in terms of competitivness

Who won the Copa del rey,the UEFA super cup,the FIFA world club championship and the Supercup de Espania then??

2nd in the league and champions league semis last year. At the moment there currently 8 points clear in the best league in the world, yeah it really sounds like they have been found out ;)

Hardly prestigious trophies.

As for 'best league in the world' comment - just consider that there are just two teams in La Liga that stand any chance of winning it,Barca and Real Madrid. No-one can say the same about the Premier League. There are at least 5 serious candidates for the the PL title.

Virtually every pundit agrees that the PL is the best in the world.

Hardly prestigious trophies.

As for 'best league in the world' comment - just consider that there are just two teams in La Liga that stand any chance of winning it,Barca and Real Madrid. No-one can say the same about the Premier League. There are at least 5 serious candidates for the the PL title.

Virtually every pundit agrees that the PL is the best in the world.

Strange then that Valencia,Deportivo,and Athletico Madrid have all won La Liga in the last 20 years!! ;)

As for the Prem, only 5 teams have EVER won it, 4 before last season.

As for your pundit claim, you will find that as per normal your very wrong :)

Archived