IGNORED

Barcelona

westred1

Chelsea weren't the best team in England last season!!

They were the best in Europe. Man city best in England.

Barca were not the best in their own country, or in Europe, as much as they are pleasing on the eye, you don't become best by looking good (ask arsenal) you become the best by winning. They were the best, that is consigned to history now. The pressure is there for them to regain their best tag.

After Di Mateo took over they were defo up there. Their top now don't forget

They havent clicked into gear yet i dont think. I dislike Chelsea but they have bought very well, the next few years for them could be huge. De Bruyne, Cortios and Lukaku out on loan alone with Oscar, Hazard and Marin still finding there feet, there going to be quite a force, unless they self implode again and sack Di Matteo. You can slag the Premier League for all its money and 'Americanising' of the English game, but its still quiet good..

They havent clicked into gear yet i dont think. I dislike Chelsea but they have bought very well, the next few years for them could be huge. De Bruyne, Cortios and Lukaku out on loan alone with Oscar, Hazard and Marin still finding there feet, there going to be quite a force, unless they self implode again and sack Di Matteo. You can slag the Premier League for all its money and 'Americanising' of the English game, but its still quiet good..

oscar, hazard, mata, torres best attacking line up in the Premier League imo

Even the best don't win all the time. From when Guardiola took over though, I'd say that more or less they have been the best. Also the backbone of the Spain team comes from Barca so while they may not be the best all the time, more often than not I'd think they are if that makes sense. I would say though, they seem to have slowed down a bit the last 2 years. More possession for the sake of possession e.g., passing seems a little less sharp (by their brilliant standards) and so on. More wasteful in front of goal last year esp too.

Barcelona and Spain have been found out. Their pretty but ultimately boring style has run its course. Teams now know how to nullify it having seen Chelsea do it twice last season.

I'd much rather watch Real Madrid ( current La Liga champions ) than Barca any day.

Barcelona and Spain have been found out. Their pretty but ultimately boring style has run its course. Teams now know how to nullify it having seen Chelsea do it twice last season.

I'd much rather watch Real Madrid ( current La Liga champions ) than Barca any day.

Yeah, I agree, they've been found out so much they've only won Euro 2012 with relative Ease.

Yeah, I agree, they've been found out so much they've only won Euro 2012 with relative Ease.

And barca are only 8 points clear of Real Madrid, obviously they hve been found out.

Barca weren't found out against Chelsea they just didn't take their chances, had they been as clinical as they usually are they would have won by about 8 clear goals.

They had a bad day at the office, and Chelsea played well, but so say they've been found out is just comical.

They were the best in Europe. Man city best in England.

Barca were not the best in their own country, or in Europe, as much as they are pleasing on the eye, you don't become best by looking good (ask arsenal) you become the best by winning. They were the best, that is consigned to history now. The pressure is there for them to regain their best tag.

A very valid point...but i would rather watch Barcelona and Arsenal every week and know you are going to be Entertained with some easy on the eye football. At least they try to play football how I envisage football should be played. Chelsea and Man City bore me to tears. I personally couldn't give a stuff about bragging rights...

Agreed. Particulaly regarding which team I'd rather watch. Barcelona have been found out, its just that because of the extremely poor standard of most the teams in BBVA, they get away with it. If this European league ever gets made, I guarantee that they would be average. Because good teams could just sit back and let them pass the ball hundreds of times, whilst knowing that they are very frail at the back.

If you ask me, Barce were lucky with a draw from the El Classico a couple of weeks ago.

And barca are only 8 points clear of Real Madrid, obviously they hve been found out.

Barca weren't found out against Chelsea they just didn't take their chances, had they been as clinical as they usually are they would have won by about 8 clear goals.

They had a bad day at the office, and Chelsea played well, but so say they've been found out is just comical.

Two 'bad days' at the office? Chelsea did it twice remember.

possibly the worst post ever! The world and European champions have been found out?!

Two 'bad days' at the office? Chelsea did it twice remember.

Yes, Chelsea got absolutely battered in the first leg in particular, barca really should have been out of sight, over the two legs they missed so many chances it was unbelievable, Chelsea defended fantastically and very bravely, but barca in both legs had more than enough chances to bury the tie with ease.

Had Chelsea stopped barca from creating chances I would agree with you to an extent, they didn't barcelonas poor finishing let them down.

Also they played without villa who is a massive, massive player for them as well.

A very valid point...but i would rather watch Barcelona and Arsenal every week and know you are going to be Entertained with some easy on the eye football. At least they try to play football how I envisage football should be played. Chelsea and Man City bore me to tears. I personally couldn't give a stuff about bragging rights...

Oh I agree entirely, I would rather be entertained than grind out points.

I doubt Chelsea fans cared how the won though.

Unfortunately for pep, his great legacy ended winning nowt in his final season. Thankfully he did more than enough to go down in history as having one of the best, if not the best club teams in history.

Oh I agree entirely, I would rather be entertained than grind out points.

I doubt Chelsea fans cared how the won though.

Unfortunately for pep, his great legacy ended winning nowt in his final season. Thankfully he did more than enough to go down in history as having one of the best, if not the best club teams in history.

And thats the bottom line. Despite all the pretty football and the brilliance of Lionel Messi Barca won sfa last season.

Depends on what you watch for, really. Technically it's much better to watch, but is it really significantly more entertaining to watch Barcelona or Arsenal keep the ball for 85% of a match than it is to watch Stoke hoof the ball at Peter Crouch's head? If it's not creating goalscoring opportunities for either side, is it really that entertaining?

It's really two different facets of the same thing. Watching Barcelona at their imperious best can be mesmerising, but their brand of football can quite equally be tedious. On the other hand, I recall some very entertaining matches in the Conference playoffs a few years back featuring a John Beck coached Histon side who were one of the most direct teams I've ever seen. Good technical skills don't guarantee exciting football any more than poor ones preclude it (though I will grant you that you have more chance with the former than the latter.)

Agreed. Particulaly regarding which team I'd rather watch. Barcelona have been found out, its just that because of the extremely poor standard of most the teams in BBVA, they get away with it. If this European league ever gets made, I guarantee that they would be average. Because good teams could just sit back and let them pass the ball hundreds of times, whilst knowing that they are very frail at the back.

If you ask me, Barce were lucky with a draw from the El Classico a couple of weeks ago.

Oh dear! Sometimes I read things and just despair.

And thats the bottom line. Despite all the pretty football and the brilliance of Lionel Messi Barca won sfa last season.

Who won the Copa del rey,the UEFA super cup,the FIFA world club championship and the Supercup de Espania then??

2nd in the league and champions league semis last year. At the moment there currently 8 points clear in the best league in the world, yeah it really sounds like they have been found out ;)

Who won the Copa del rey,the UEFA super cup,the FIFA world club championship and the Supercup de Espania then??

2nd in the league and champions league semis last year. At the moment there currently 8 points clear in the best league in the world, yeah it really sounds like they have been found out ;)

How do you define best league in the world? Spain is a jumped up version of the spl. Where the smaller clubs are shafted on and have to take the leagues tv deal, where barca and real can negotiate their own deals, keeping the smaller clubs firmly under their size 10's. For me not a good league, made very uncompetitive due the disgraceful have and have not attitude of the Spanish FA which seem to want to make their league a two team procession. I know you will come back with a argument how well Spanish teams did in UEFA league. But I am talking purely about their league, not European competition, where UEFA league is looked on rather like the league cup in this country.

I personally prefer more competitive leagues. You can't argue about the quality of Spain's big two, but I would wonder just how good their European campaigns would be if their league was a little more competitive. I expect they would still be dominant, but with a better league, they may be a little more pressure to perform at a higher level each week, other than the strolls in the park they have for many games.

Archived