IGNORED

Matthew Briggs

UREDS_91

So this lad's going to play left back and we've got McManus for LCB, question is who will play RCB? Of the current options it's going to be Carey or Wilson I think? I think I'd go for the latter particularly if McManus is happy providing some leadership.

The key thing will be trying to keep a consistent back four together for a run of games, and offering them some more protection from midfield. I don't think wing backs are going to happen, it leaves Albert without a natural role.

So this lad's going to play left back and we've got McManus for LCB, question is who will play RCB? Of the current options it's going to be Carey or Wilson I think? I think I'd go for the latter particularly if McManus is happy providing some leadership.

The key thing will be trying to keep a consistent back four together for a run of games, and offering them some more protection from midfield. I don't think wing backs are going to happen, it leaves Albert without a natural role.

carey will start, I think this will be the last we see of james Wilson in a cty shirt this year I expect him to sign fro brentford next season he's almost 24 and not getting first team football above the dross we have he will need to move for his career

I think, even as a huge fan of Carey and a big doubter of Wilson's ability, you're right. Wilson has a bit more pace than Carey and we need someone in our back line who won't always get done in that way. Wilson will learn a lot from playing next to McManus.

Also agree re 532. Albert is our most important player at the moment, no way can we sacrifice having him in his best position.

The lack of protection (where's Cisse?) is the major factor in why City have been leaking goals. Much as I admire ( and prefer ) attacking football the situation now demands a change of emphasis. I expect to see Skuse sitting in front of the back 4 tomorrow. Albert in a free role and probably Morris in the middle if Pearson isn't fit.

I don't know much about how Hull play or who they have up front, but if it's to be Carey and McManus they'll have to defend very deep to avoid having their lack of pace exposed.

What's happened to Nyatanga? I know he's left-sided so not really a candidate for the role but he seems to have disappeared altogether. Is he injured or just rubbish?

I hope that RCB you speak off is at very least being sought as a loan signing as well; we desperately need that position not only due to Fonts' injury but as proper competitive back up. Then a creative midfielder and we should then start to consider ourselves upper mid table candidates.

Briggs, by all accounts, sounds like a decent stand in for Cunningham or LCB.

The lack of protection (where's Cisse?) is the major factor in why City have been leaking goals. Much as I admire ( and prefer ) attacking football the situation now demands a change of emphasis. I expect to see Skuse sitting in front of the back 4 tomorrow. Albert in a free role and probably Morris in the middle if Pearson isn't fit.

Skuse can't protect the back four he doesn't track back and isn;t strong enough, Marv could do it if fit, we lack that sort of player

I think confidence and constant chopping/changing is a bigger factor but I agree they need more protection. I wouldn't be surprised to see Baldock benched in favour of an extra man in the middle alongside Skuse and Morris at least to start with.

What's happened to Nyatanga? I know he's left-sided so not really a candidate for the role but he seems to have disappeared altogether. Is he injured or just rubbish?

My personal opinion is the latter, always looks too panicked to me.

I hope that RCB you speak off is at very least being sought as a loan signing as well; we desperately need that position not only due to Fonts' injury but as proper competitive back up. Then a creative midfielder and we should then start to consider ourselves upper mid table candidates.

Briggs, by all accounts, sounds like a decent stand in for Cunningham or LCB.

I do too but I suspect that if we'd identified a RCB we thought was good enough and could get, we'd have done so by now. I know the reason McInnes didn't bring McManus in sooner was he wanted a right sided player, and now with Briggs coming in I wonder if we're leaving it until January.

I think confidence and constant chopping/changing is a bigger factor but I agree they need more protection. I wouldn't be surprised to see Baldock benched in favour of an extra man in the middle alongside Skuse and Morris at least to start with.

My personal opinion is the latter, always looks too panicked to me.

I do too but I suspect that if we'd identified a RCB we thought was good enough and could get, we'd have done so by now. I know the reason McInnes didn't bring McManus in sooner was he wanted a right sided player, and now with Briggs coming in I wonder if we're leaving it until January.

McManus will sign for us in Jan, the price is right for us he's out of contract at boro,

I think we have a RCB and a combative centre midfiled lined up that once they are in we should be set for a mid-table finish and then the next phase of re-building can begin as we'l have 6 or 7 more players out of contract

He's third choice at Fulham and has only played a little over 90 mins of first team football for Fulham this season plus 1 cup game v Sheff Weds.

I know a Fulham fan who says he's not the best defensively.

My man City friends said the same about cunningham

And if we can all see it for sure so can the management. There is a gem hiding out there somewhere. Perhaps he just needs to try and unearth someone from some far flung place that virtually nobody has heard off, cost permitting of course, like Gremio or Timisoara.

Archived