IGNORED

Shit For 40 Years

bristolcitysweden

It's not City...it's football in general.

England has now become a dumbed down apathetic Country.

Too many are happy to sit at home and watch their sport on tv and eat take aways.

The passion has gone for most.

Even for many that go...it's more to do with the day out, and meeting friends, than actually going to be entertained at the football.

If you look at our history, I remember seeing a league table, and we are pretty much smack bang in the middle of the 90 odd league teams in terms of Divisional place.

There are a passionate few on here...but pretty much all City followers couldn't give a shit what happens with the club...they've become numb and given up.

It's not ridiculous. We have already agreed to these players on 6 months/1/2/3 year deals. We can't escape. Should we cash up we should get no worse deal than having them here for the hole period, economically wise, considering the interest rate. Keeping them we risk relegation. For 2-3 seasons. Without reason whatsoever.

It's not ridiculous. We have already agreed to these players on 6 months/1/2/3 year deals. We can't escape. Should we cash up we should get no worse deal than having them here for the hole period, economically wise, considering the interest rate. Keeping them we risk relegation. For 2-3 seasons. Without reason whatsoever.

I'm guessing the lager has kicked in quickly tonight... ;-)

A sad story really. We deserve so much better.

Not really mate... We are apathetic compared to many Clubs with our demograph of population.

Too many better things to do with our money.

We like the idea of a good football club, but many have given up and found more fun things to do with our money and time.

Loads of people including myself only go occassionally now.

I went tuesday and was bored as hell...even with 7 goals.

The whole package is boring. You can actually feel it around the ground.

I didn't see one person really enjoying themselves around me.

It often feels like you're flogging a dead horse.

Wish it was different...but it isn't.

Is anyone else having trouble understanding the point of this thread? No disrespect i just don't know what is being discussed. Is the Poster saying that Landsdown should just get rid of the players on big wages, i,e sell them or get rid of the players on loan?

My take on it was that the OP was insinuating that it would be a good time to completely overhaul/revolutionize the squad by releasing/selling almost our entire squad and taking advantage of the fact that the interest rate is low to fund new players/paying up of old contracts with debt/loans.

In essence, what I personally would consider to be an utterly ridiculous idea.

Spudski's responses I think were attempting to give reasons why it wouldn't have an effect on the attendance/enjoyment at AG.

My take on it was that the OP was insinuating that it would be a good time to completely overhaul/revolutionize the squad by releasing/selling almost our entire squad and taking advantage of the fact that the interest rate is low to fund new players/paying up of old contracts with debt/loans.

In essence, what I personally would consider to be an utterly ridiculous idea.

Spudski's responses I think were attempting to give reasons why it wouldn't have an effect on the attendance/enjoyment at AG.

Agreed... :-) pointless really on my part.

Is anyone else having trouble understanding the point of this thread? No disrespect i just don't know what is being discussed. Is the Poster saying that Landsdown should just get rid of the players on big wages, i,e sell them or get rid of the players on loan?

Selling them or loan them out is not a realistic alternative as no club would be interested in paying a fee for taking over the cost of their contracts without us paying a considerable part. Should we cash up we should save ourselves the same amount of money as we would lose in interest keeping the money at the bank. We would not risk relegation though. For the 2/3 coming seasons. Should we learn what a footballer is.

England in recession and the interest rate close to zero.

Why just don't Steve Lansdown cash out the dead meat and get a team capable of playing entertaining football bringing people back to the gate?

A golden chance never top come again I would say.

I get the gist of what you mean. With the money Steve Landsdown's spent already I would have expected us to be mid Championship at least. Instead we're relegation fodder just as we were last season. The Championship table doesn't lie and we've been consistently knocked out of the cup competitions in the early rounds over the past few seasons by lower division teams and that indicates a general lack of Championship calibre players in the squad and a lot of dead meat as you say.

To be genuine promotion contenders - instead of relegation fodder - Steve Lansdown would need to spend another 15 million at least strengthening the central midfield and defence. A lot of money but that's what 3 or 4 quality Championship players would cost.

I get the gist of what you mean. With the money Steve Landsdown's spent already I would have expected us to be mid Championship at least. Instead we're relegation fodder just as we were last season. The Championship table doesn't lie and we've been consistently knocked out of the cup competitions in the early rounds over the past few seasons by lower division teams and that indicates a general lack of Championship calibre players in the squad and a lot of dead meat as you say.

To be genuine promotion contenders - instead of relegation fodder - Steve Lansdown would need to spend another 15 million at least strengthening the central midfield and defence. A lot of money but that's what 3 or 4 quality Championship players would cost.

You are probably right but it only makes us contenders, not certainties. Doing it the way we are now might take a few seasons longer but gradually replacing what we have with quality, in addition to giving a good manager some time to work his magic, we could also be contenders just slower and with a lot less debt. This 'patience' thingy is what we all seem to be struggling with at the moment

Baldock, Davies, Heaton, Cunningham and Adomah... these are only the ones i'd keep from our squad to move forward.

It's gonna be a long wait imho.

That's another 6 players needed of their calibre to make a good Championship team. That's about 20 million needing to be spent? No way can we blame Del and Doc for the current problems with the side given the calibre of players available to them. 6 players short of a decent Championship side means we'll struggle whoever is at the helm.

That's another 6 players needed of their calibre to make a good Championship team. That's about 20 million needing to be spent? No way can we blame Del and Doc for the current problems with the side given the calibre of players available to them. 6 players short of a decent Championship side means we'll struggle whoever is at the helm.

I totally agree...so many **** ups before them.

It's not City...it's football in general.

England has now become a dumbed down apathetic Country.

Too many are happy to sit at home and watch their sport on tv and eat take aways.

The passion has gone for most.

Even for many that go...it's more to do with the day out, and meeting friends, than actually going to be entertained at the football.

If you look at our history, I remember seeing a league table, and we are pretty much smack bang in the middle of the 90 odd league teams in terms of Divisional place.

There are a passionate few on here...but pretty much all City followers couldn't give a shit what happens with the club...they've become numb and given up.

I'm passionate and I care, as do countless thousands more. If you want to eat takeaway and watch X Factor on a Saturday then good luck to you, I will continue to follow City no matter what.

Archived