IGNORED

Bored And My Love Of Football Has Gone!

Danny P

I wouldn't mind that to be honest if the club stopped making empty promises year after year to sell season tickets, after our first season in the championship they didn't have to because of the glory hunters buying just in case we went up but ever since they have promised this and that to keep season ticket holders renewing after bad seasons and even worse managerial decisions. To make matters worse they then continuously s*** on us by offering tickets for a tenner and such deals to fill up the ground. They are as bad as banks and mobile phone companies, new customers get everything while existing and loyal customers get nothing ( ok maybe a free pie!)

Surely if you feel they are empty promises why do you bother to get a S/T.

It's your choice,no one forces you to get one.

As others have said,we are just about in the league position that fits our club.

I dread to think where we might be at the moment if it wasn't for the money SL has pumped in over the last few years.

Surely if you feel they are empty promises why do you bother to get a S/T.

It's your choice,no one forces you to get one.

As others have said,we are just about in the league position that fits our club.

I dread to think where we might be at the moment if it wasn't for the money SL has pumped in over the last few years.

Simply because I've supported the club my whole life and every part of me wants to believe that this season will be the season something happens. The best part of a match day experience these days is a few beers and a chat with the boys before the game. Answer to your question about sl, probably top half of league one as on average is our position, however with him we may be back there sooner rather than later so how are we any better off? Teams want rich owners so they can buy better players and win trophies, do you think man city fans wanted the Arab owners so they could get cheap tickets to Dubai and tread water in the lower half of the prem? In a nutshell I'm saying what's the point of having a rich owner if he shows zero ambition for the club in regards to playing staff, getting beaten to players by the likes of Huddersfield town says it all I'm afraid, he doesn't give a flying ****!

I can relate to the OP but as far as money is concerned we're already spending heavily against our income. Am I right in thinking Swindon are under an embargo for spending too high a percentage of their income on wages?

And look! Swindon won away 4 - 1 yesterday against a team who hadn't lost at home for 19 matches. Makes you wonder YES!!!!!

I would say I'm slowly loosing the passion for City, it is getting pretty depressing I use to go home and away fairly regularly but there was only so much dross I could stomach. Travelling up and down the country trying to justify spending £100+ watching us sink without a trace gets tiring pretty quickly. Even going to the Gate now is becoming more of a chore like has been said Ashton Gate is fast becoming a very sterile and boring place to go and watch football. The players seem to doing okay though just look at there cars lined up in the car park all pimped out with the latest upgrades and fancy rims. I don't think I can justify another ST next season if things carry on the way they are there must be better things to do on a Saturday afternoon then watch a bunch of over paid players going through the motions and after being put under a bit of pressure crumble and fold week in week out.

While I share these fustrations of many after our recent run of results I think in all fairness the board has actually backed Del in the transfer market recently with the aquisition of Baldock, Davies etc and I dont think that throwing pots of money at the problem is always the remedy, especially with financial fair play on the horizon.

I have to say I agree with the OP's points entirely. Bristol football IS a basket case, and what's the point in having an owner who is rolling in it if we're not going to progress? It seems as though we've made it to this level just to fiddle about for a few seasons, pretend we want to get to the top level...........and then return from whence we came (as usual)and maybe lower, along with the gas. It seems to me that FFP is going to allow the teams with bigger support to occupy the higher positions and teams like us (and the gas) will forever be doomed to the lower echelons, as our sugar daddy hasn't bought us a place in the promised land before FFP kicks in.

I may aswell add my piece to this, as with other posts I lost interest about a year or so ago, and like many others there was a time where I would be gutted to miss an away game, wheras missing a home match was nothing short of criminal, however things began to happen at the club which gradually made my love for football in general waver to the point where working on a saturday actually became more enjoyable than freezing to death at a football match.

This coming from someone who would regularly use up two days leave just to attend an away match at S****horpe on a tuesday night, who went all the way to Middlesborough when it would have been easier to see the game on sky, I lived it for a long time and devoted every penny I had to following City all over the country.

Then the time come where every part of the ground was reserved seating, I had to do as I was told every week, then people around me were getting thrown out for standing up(ie supporting the team), getting searched every week like I was a criminal, also the atmosphere at the Gate was getting worse, even the away days were like going to a library for two hours.

After a long away trip to Leeds where we were beaten 3-1 and watching City just give up after equalising within a minute of going behind(and Nicky Hunt even being allowed to wear the shirt) was the time when I knew to call it a day, I did attend a few more games after that one but it only compunded my misery and I decided I would be better off earning money on a satuday than wasting it on 11 men who couldn't care less anymore.

Credit for those who have stuck with it and hopefully if we can somehow find 11 men who are willing to die for the shirt then your blind faith can be rewarded

Put the players on basic £500 a week, quadrupled for a draw and x 10 fold for a win.

They may then start playing for their money as they obviously atm see it only as a cash cow and couldnt give a monkeys about our club.

Money is the only thing that talks nowadays for the players and club.

Football is dying a death has been for years now, the only way to sort it is to limit stupid salaries/transfers and foriegn imports; bring in safe standing, cheap food/drink in grounds and let the fans breathe again.

No chance of any of the above the best days for English football have gone for good.

SL wants to leave his impression with a new stad, I wont be holding my breath for that one, it too will die a slow death.

Team spirit is non existant on and of the field.

For me it's simple. Years ago there would be (if you were lucky) midweek highlights of let's say an FA cup replay, you would spend all night trying not find out the score (which in those days was easy) and you would watch the highlights, not knowing the scores, knowing you would get a full blooded game between 22 committed players, at the end you would get a couple of interviews, maybe the odd discussion about decisions made by the officials and what do we get now?, firstly the game will invariably be live so 30 minutes of bullshit from at least 3 ex players, the first half, then 15 minutes of analyzing every discussion point from 10 or 12 different camera angles where the officials will be criticised but not of course the players because of course ex players would never do that and the same for another 30 minutes after the 2nd half. Wouldn't it be great to hear an ex pro actually call it the same way the rest of the world has seen it.

We hear inane comments like 'he was entitled to go down' or 'there was contact' a view gained after the umpteenth blown up replay.

in short football has become like WWE wrestling, with choreographed diving and rolling around in pain and the paying public baying for more and believing that it is now all part of the game, I find it all a complete turn off and pick and choose games that I watch and when that game does not live up to my expectations, I switch the TV over and watch a repeat on the BBC.

For me it's simple. Years ago there would be (if you were lucky) midweek highlights of let's say an FA cup replay, you would spend all night trying not find out the score (which in those days was easy) and you would watch the highlights, not knowing the scores, knowing you would get a full blooded game between 22 committed players, at the end you would get a couple of interviews, maybe the odd discussion about decisions made by the officials and what do we get now?, firstly the game will invariably be live so 30 minutes of bullshit from at least 3 ex players, the first half, then 15 minutes of analyzing every discussion point from 10 or 12 different camera angles where the officials will be criticised but not of course the players because of course ex players would never do that and the same for another 30 minutes after the 2nd half. Wouldn't it be great to hear an ex pro actually call it the same way the rest of the world has seen it.

We hear inane comments like 'he was entitled to go down' or 'there was contact' a view gained after the umpteenth blown up replay.

in short football has become like WWE wrestling, with choreographed diving and rolling around in pain and the paying public baying for more and believing that it is now all part of the game, I find it all a complete turn off and pick and choose games that I watch and when that game does not live up to my expectations, I switch the TV over and watch a repeat on the BBC.

Reminds me of that episode of The Likely Lads.

i agree with danny p ,we must remember that their are a lot of teams in the championship putting more money into their teams than we are and while we are not then we cant compete with them (the only thing i dont think it would take 20mill )

If someone up there used their brains we could do it for less than we're wasting at the moment.

Mate... you might like this...

http://www.youtube.com/user/FootballGaffesGalore/videos?view=0

If we supported a team that won week in week out and then one day they put in a very poor performance and lost heavily to a local rival, fans would still moan like **** and say they are going to throw their season ticket on the pitch the next time they play like that. That's the beauty of supporting any football team no matter how good/bad they are we will never be happy. We are in a fantastic and lets face it a very difficult league and have managed to punch above our weight for several seasons now. I also want City to be higher up every season but I'm a realist and know it will take a monumental effort for us to match some of the big hitters in this league. However, with the signings of Baldock, Cunningham, Davies, Heaton and the brilliant Adomah and emerging players like Bryan there is real hope that Del can continue to build and might, just might, be able to get us where we want to be in the next couple of seasons. Always believe......................I do.

• Admin

If we supported a team that won week in week out and then one day they put in a very poor performance and lost heavily to a local rival, fans would still moan like **** and say they are going to throw their season ticket on the pitch the next time they play like that. That's the beauty of supporting any football team no matter how good/bad they are we will never be happy. We are in a fantastic and lets face it a very difficult league and have managed to punch above our weight for several seasons now. I also want City to be higher up every season but I'm a realist and know it will take a monumental effort for us to match some of the big hitters in this league. However, with the signings of Baldock, Cunningham, Davies, Heaton and the brilliant Adomah and emerging players like Bryan there is real hope that Del can continue to build and might, just might, be able to get us where we want to be in the next couple of seasons. Always believe......................I do.

Nurse, time for OldlandReddies medication.............

• Admin

I've been taking it for 38 seasons!

About 8 less than me then, although I reckon I'm getting immune now, even the finest cider isn't numbing the sheer shite on the pitch and the fact that we seem to stumble along, fairly aimlessly. That may not be the case in the board and managements eyes, but its certainly the impression many of us have.

If we supported a team that won week in week out and then one day they put in a very poor performance and lost heavily to a local rival, fans would still moan like **** and say they are going to throw their season ticket on the pitch the nex

t time they play like that. That's the beauty of

supporting any football team no matter how

good/bad they are we will never be happy. We

are in a fantastic and lets face it a very difficult

league and have managed to punch above our

weight for several seasons now. I also want City

to be higher up every season but I'm a realist

and know it will take a monumental effort for us to match some of the big hitters in this league.

However, with the signings of Baldock,

Cunningham, Davies, Heaton and the brilliant

Adomah and emerging players like Bryan there

is real hope that Del can continue to build and

might, just might, be able to get us where we

want to be in the next couple of seasons.

Always believe......................I do.

In agreement with you - I seriously believe Del is assembling a squad that will see us challenging for promotion. Maybe not this season, although the season is far from over and once we are back to full strength, with a few additions - who knows what lies ahead.

Plenty of thought provoking posts - echoing the frustrations of all City fans - but let's see this season out first and have some faith in Del's plans.

Talking of which - another poster mentioned that it would be interesting to try Davies in midfield role - he could be remedy to what a lot of us want - good passer, tackles back, free-kick taker, goals from midfield. What do you all think? Good or bad idea?

It is really funny and ironic how all these fans who are "bored of City and their love of football has gone", then spend their time on a Bristol City FC forum talking about City and um er football. My advice would be to find something else to do on a Saturday instead of bore us City fans with your reasons for why you are no longer supporters.

It is really funny and ironic how all these fans who are "bored of City and their love of football has gone", then spend their time on a Bristol City FC forum talking about City and um er football. My advice would be to find something else to do on a Saturday instead of bore us City fans with your reasons for why you are no longer supporters.

same thing about people who moan about modern day football, people moan, whinge and groan about it yet they still watch city every week and come on these forums daily. Class

Archived