IGNORED

Happiest Ever City Moment

Christian Roberts bar none and been supporting since 86, that was the greatest city day in my lifetime and most unbelieveable atmosphere i have ever experienced....the pitch invasion after followed by drinks at the hen and chicken, and then crossing the road at the zebra crossing outside of the chicken to notice that it was Tony Rougier who had stopped for us at the crossing driving a clapped up r reg mondeo.....fantastic night

Agree with Coventry post above but being in the open end the game before against Liverpool with 38,000 which was the biggest crowd I have ever seen at the Gate and watching the whole of the East End at the end of the game singing You will never walk alone and the scarves strectched form Grandstand to Dolman. Well that hows I remembered it but it was a long time ago. Closely rivalled by Palace at home in Play offs.

Agree with Coventry post above but being in the open end the game before against Liverpool with 38,000 which was the biggest crowd I have ever seen at the Gate and watching the whole of the East End at the end of the game singing You will never walk alone and the scarves strectched form Grandstand to Dolman. Well that hows I remembered it but it was a long time ago. Closely rivalled by Palace at home in Play offs.

that liverpool game has to be the best for me.

10,000 locked out that nite,i think! 1.0 down alec lindsay scored for them. they were allready champions.

then we turned it around,2 whithead crosses 2 garland headers.am i right? thats a blur!

but i do remember the whole ground singing city city city! 30,000 plus city fans singing together. rare as rockin horse shit!

More recently away at Leicester : Skuse creams one from 30 yards then :

Ivan gets the ball just inside their half (somehow the feeling goes through the City fans that he was going to do what he's always threatened to do) waltzes past everyone in their team - yes, he really is going to do it this time lads - and smacks it it in the top corner - chuffing brilliant

City 3 Hereford 0, Freight Rover Southern Final 2nd Leg, City two nil down from Edgar Street storm back to win 3-0 and reach Wembley for the first time in their history.

Although there was only 12,000 ish in Ashton it sounded like 40,000. On the final whistle, old fellas that wouldn't normally do more than politely clap were dancing in the aisles, guys that looked like bulldogs chewing on wasps were reduced to tears. I was an eleven year old then and I have been close to that feeling many times following City (wins v Gas, Liverpool, Bolton, Palace, Hartlepool, Rotherham etc) but I don't think I've quite matched it.....yet.

Loads of fantastic city memories and city related adventures.

For purely footballing reasons, Southend away 93, Cardiff away 2001 and Port Vale away 2005.

Port Vale because It demonstrated to myself just how much I love City and how much the actual football club meant to me. For years City also meant piss up and away day frolics, but that season my wife was pregnant and I started to travel to games with a couple of close friends, just for the football. We were so poor at the start of the year and had lost at Donnie to go bottom, I think, of div 3 and i was convinced on the way home that I would see city in Div 4 for the first time.

I made up my mind on the Friday to drive to Port Vale (just before Christmas I think) and we won 1-0, super stevie brooker. It was our first in 10, we may have lost the previous 9, and just remember a few hundred of us in that massive away end going so mental at the end. I've got a small clip saved somewhere on my phone, it is amazing watching it all again, I was so, so happy.

I think it is easy to forget that sometimes posters only moan, or get so depressed, because they care so much.

I may not be a super fan, but Bristol city are so important to me, that they feel a part of me. There will never, ever be anything like them in my life again. I may get upset with them at times, but I love my super reds.

the 2006/7 and 2007/8 seasons provided enough moments for a thread of their own! promotion, Basso's acrobatics, GJ in his prime instilling a passion in ALL the fans, McCombe's overhead kick against hull at the gate (was it 07/08?) and the play off semis in which all our goals were stunners and sent us all delirious, culminating in an immensely proud albeit disheartened round of applause after the final whistle at Wembley.

Loads of fantastic city memories and city related adventures.

For purely footballing reasons, Southend away 93, Cardiff away 2001 and Port Vale away 2005.

Port Vale because It demonstrated to myself just how much I love City and how much the actual football club meant to me. For years City also meant piss up and away day frolics, but that season my wife was pregnant and I started to travel to games with a couple of close friends, just for the football. We were so poor at the start of the year and had lost at Donnie to go bottom, I think, of div 3 and i was convinced on the way home that I would see city in Div 4 for the first time.

I made up my mind on the Friday to drive to Port Vale (just before Christmas I think) and we won 1-0, super stevie brooker. It was our first in 10, we may have lost the previous 9, and just remember a few hundred of us in that massive away end going so mental at the end. I've got a small clip saved somewhere on my phone, it is amazing watching it all again, I was so, so happy.

I think it is easy to forget that sometimes posters only moan, or get so depressed, because they care so much.

I may not be a super fan, but Bristol city are so important to me, that they feel a part of me. There will never, ever be anything like them in my life again. I may get upset with them at times, but I love my super reds.

Ah yes I was at that port vale game! Sometimes is so much better when just a few hundred of us! Remember everyone as one going mental when brooker scored!

Also anyone remember a 2-2 at Stockport in the pouring rain!! Good days!!

It's so depressing these days going to the gate, with no atmosphere at all knowing you will get played off the park, which has happened for the past 3 years. I miss the days where myself, and other fans think yeah we got a good, battling squad and we'll give it a right go today. I'm beginning to wonder if we will ever have a decent team again.. I think our next memory of hapiness will be in league 1.

Too many to mention just one:-

Promotion to the 2nd division in 1965, that was a great season and beating Oldham at home 2-0 was a great memory.

Promotion to the 1st division in 1976, another great season, with the best team ever at AG, and a 1-0 at home to Pompey was a just reward.

Staying up at Coventry 1977, 15,000 city fans just going mental.

4 great seasons in the first division, where we were nobody's push overs.

Promotion from the 4th in 1984 winning on that final day at Chester, knowing the bad old days of 82 were firmly behind us.

Beating Bolton 3-0 at wembley in 1986, I never even dreamed I would see BCFC at Wembley ever, even in a mickey mouse cup it didn't matter and we won with style.

and promotion in 2007 and the first season back in the championship.

It's so depressing these days going to the gate, with no atmosphere at all knowing you will get played off the park, which has happened for the past 3 years. I miss the days where myself, and other fans think yeah we got a good, battling squad and we'll give it a right go today. I'm beginning to wonder if we will ever have a decent team again.. I think our next memory of hapiness will be in league 1.

You say no atmosphere, just out of interest do you sing and shout all game??

Too many to mention just one:-

Promotion to the 2nd division in 1965, that was a great season and beating Oldham at home 2-0 was a great memory.

That's mine. When Big John scored the second with ten minutes to go that was the FIRST time that season we were in a promotion place.

I still have the programme for the home game against the Gas, who were second at the time, with the line "now we've lost our chance of promotion, it's time to build for next season". From then on our record was 11-1-1, and the Gas ended nowhere.

You say no atmosphere, just out of interest do you sing and shout all game??

Not particulary, because I sit in the Atyeo and would feel a bit of a dick if i stood up singing with everyone staring at me. If you think I'm knocking the eastend i'm not, they do a great job in trying to create some sort of atmosphere

I started following football quite late up to others. My dad is a big city fan and he tried to convince me to go to the gate on numerous occasions but I didn't want to go. ( I know right!! ) When I started following football, I was a Gooner! Saw them live on TV and loved them from the very start.

Anyway my parents decided to go away for the weekend in Nottingham, but what I didn't know was that City were playing Mansfield away that weekend which my dad planned for me to and watch with him! I thought I'd go, just to see some live football for the first time. When City scored their first goal, I was quite unsure on what to do :laughcont: so I just looked at others and jumped like mad with the other fans there that day! During the game we went 4-2 down with 20 minutes to go and I looked at my dad and said ' Can we go now!? ' he then shouted ' we are staying to the end! ' Well the rest is history!! Christian Roberts scores the 5th goal and everybody went absolutely crazy, there were tears of joy in the stands and I just loved it from that day on! Good job my dad didn't back down to me :laugh:

Thanks Dad, I'll always love my City!

Remember going to walk out at the Mansfield 5-4 and we went 4-3 and we all ran back in, what a day that was, edgey game and brilliant result. Hartlepool playoffs second leg was fantastic, i left school that week and got pissed as a fart, when freezer got the equalizer it was like hello then. Roberts got the winner and the gate was rocking! Palace 1st leg was a very special day, when Noble got the winner, i got threw about 6 rows in front. I was battered and bruised but it was a great day, we sang our hearts out. 2nd leg was brilliant aswell, that Trundle goal will live with me until the day i die.

A random one for me to throw in there is the playoff season when we beat Reading away 2-0 with 5.000+ there. We took the piss all day long and topped it off with a brilliant away performance. Great day. My mate missed the game cos he went out all night and fell asleep at 2pm in the pub toilets. We abused him mercifully after the game as he came back to life with sick all down his top!!

just found this on youtube

When was the last time we even won 11 in a full season??

Great vid. My 'pomp' following city around that time did every game that year!

Freezer jolly good fellow!

Also, another memory from that year, we beat Brighton 4-1 away and completely played them off the park. Wilkshere and Miller had great games and i met Des Lynham!

Not particulary, because I sit in the Atyeo and would feel a bit of a dick if i stood up singing with everyone staring at me. If you think I'm knocking the eastend i'm not, they do a great job in trying to create some sort of atmosphere

How can you criticise the atmosphere if your not contributing? I've never understood that....

Great vid. My 'pomp' following city around that time did every game that year!

Freezer jolly good fellow!

Also, another memory from that year, we beat Brighton 4-1 away and completely played them off the park. Wilkshere and Miller had great games and i met Des Lynham!

Great video that! Unfortunately came to an abrupt end at Hillsborough conceding a last minute goal. A low memory that was considering how many we took that day!

Louis Donowa goal vs the Gas, years and years of draws and losses ended. The only time I have left the gate with no voice.

Absolutely this game. Had it all, Hollowhead having a pen saved, in front of the EE, a last minute winner, and as TRL says it was the first time in ages we had beaten them. Was it Nailsea Cookie or Pepsi/Ispep that said on here not so long back that the noise we made that night even made their hair on their neck stand up? It was just a fantastic moment, and if I ever met Donowa he's got free cider all day on me for one touch of a football

I wasn't at the Hartlepool play off, but from a point of view of a game I've watched on tv that will live long, long into the memory. Got a right bollocking of my ex for running up the stairs and grabbing my eldest out of bed and screaming at her, she was about 2 and didn't have a clue what was going on!

Anfield was great, but doesn't even come close to the two games above

And as we spoke about on a thread not so long back, Charlton at home in the next round after Anfield just had an atmosphere all of it's own. The Gate felt like an intimidating place that afternoon, and the Charlton fans added to it. That really did get the juices going, game doesn't live long in the memory, but the noise both sets of fans created that day was just amazing

Archived