IGNORED

Happiest Ever City Moment

Louis Donowa goal vs the Gas, years and years of draws and losses ended. The only time I have left the gate with no voice.

I should have said promotion or play off games, but for pure emotion noise and bragging rights, it tops all games for me. It was a pretty scrappy game as well.

Louis Donowa goal vs the Gas, years and years of draws and losses ended. The only time I have left the gate with no voice.

I should have said promotion or play off games, but for pure emotion noise and bragging rights, it tops all games for me. It was a pretty scrappy game as well.

like yourself TRL, I should be voting a promotion clincher or a wembley appearance or suchlike. instead though, i'm going to go for beating the gas 4-2 at trumpton - after years of waiting to beat them on their turf, we finally did it in style in their last season there. a great day out that lives long in the memory.

This. Was in the open end that night. Fantastic.

94 at Anfield is by far my best night as a City fan.

Then after the game our coach ended up at a pub in Huyton in that City.

Spent pre match in the Aldephi Hotel in Liverpool city centre, until they had to shut it!!

We should have put 5 past Liverpool that night, but one was good enough :)

My old man went up for that one - and stayed in the Adelphi!

He said outside Anfield there were Scousers openly crying. Though, to their credit, they all came up and shook his hand and congratulated him.

I'll go back to my childhood for my moment and say knocking high-flying Leeds out of the Cup in '74.

My old man went up for that one - and stayed in the Adelphi!

He said outside Anfield there were Scousers openly crying. Though, to their credit, they all came up and shook his hand and congratulated him.

I'll go back to my childhood for my moment and say knocking high-flying Leeds out of the Cup in '74.

I have a feeling childhood memories and games from your teens are always more rose tinted. I love memories from mid 70's to early 90's from then on, as I have got older, football seems to have lost it appeal slowly, until I am the cynical bugger I am now

Message to the Young uns on here. enjoy the football now, don't listen to whinging buggers like me. Then remember them when you are in your late 30's 40's and onwards. City of the 2008-2012 will be remembered as good, while the teams 2030 will be utter garbage with no fight or passion and Bryan will be a woeful manager :)

One nil down, two one up, we knocked Rovers out the cup......

This game at Eastville in 83/84? was the first high moment after the worse period in the clubs history.

With the gas being in a division above us, this for me really marked the end of a period in which we nearly ceased being a football club.

Finally there was light at the end of the tunnel and the whole day from making our way to Eastville to being frog marched back to The centre, when our car was still parked on Muller rd, surrounded by unhappy sags was just great fun that I hadn't experienced before.

Christian Roberts goal against Hatlepool, the second that ball hit the net you could hear the cheer from the servern bridge

Also remember games like 1-0 against Doncaster Mccombe scoring in the 88th minute. And more recent times the conventry game looking back was pretty special, considering we just couldn't afford to lose it. I'd rather go back to being a strong league 1 team then a shite championship team.

For people who need reminding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7_S9kLZ2FM

i cant separate beating Chelsea in the cup and the promotion game V Walsall, so these 2 memories joint top and from the same season (89-90). The in no particular order beating the gas 4-2 at Twerton, the playoff games V Hartlepool and Palace, beating Carlisle at the Millenium Stadium (the only bit of silverware i have seen us lift) and lastly even though we lost, the atmosphere at Ashton Gate for the league cup semi final V Forest.

Most of mine have already been mentioned, but another great one was beating Coventry 3-0 away to go top of the Championship in September 2007, we took over 3,000 up there that day.

I was there, I think Byfield got two. 2 memories stand out for me, David Noble at Palace and the flare game against the gas at Ashton gate, near Christmas on a Friday night, I think they took the lead which made it sweeter.

Always believe.

Many happy times so far, with more to come.

A momoent in time that sticks with me is Wembley stadium, and looking up at the famous old scoreboard and reading,

BRISTOL CITY 3 BOLTON WANDERERS 0, it brought a tear to my eyes, absolutely magical.

Chester away to get promoted was just the most fantastic day. A proper way to win promotion.

As opposed to when we were promoted as runners up to ......you know who. Has any other club ever had a bad feeling in their stomachs after getting promoted as we did then?

Archived