IGNORED

Happiest Ever City Moment

just found this on youtube

What a video, our following away to Brentford looked proper up for it, celebrations looked class on that terrace!

Anyone know what attendances we were getting at home around this time?? The gate looked packed compared to what it does these days when we are getting 12k-15k....

Great video that! Unfortunately came to an abrupt end at Hillsborough conceding a last minute goal. A low memory that was considering how many we took that day!

Great times Joe. Shame the young 'uns havent got CJS anymore as i know people like me and you couldnt of gone to all the away games we did. Great times following City!

Anyone remember beating Plymouth 2-1 a few years back with lee peacock scoring in the last 5 minutes with a scuffed shot? Sold out that game, 19000 in league 1. Think they were 1st and we were 3rd. Might of been the 2004 season

Im pretty sure we beat them 1-0. Late late goal in a packed gate on a Tuesday night! I believe we beat QPR with a late Peacock goal in the same week as well, QPR had Cureton and Tony Thorpe up front!

Although the Rotherham game never had the incredible rollercoaster highs of games like Hartlepool and Palace the whole day was fantastic.From being sat "on the wall" to the bars and throughout the game the atmosphere and belief were electric.Everybody just seemed to know we would win and just enjoyed themselves instead of the usual feelings of nerves and panic that are usually in all of us.

Agree with Coventry post above but being in the open end the game before against Liverpool with 38,000 which was the biggest crowd I have ever seen at the Gate and watching the whole of the East End at the end of the game singing You will never walk alone and the scarves strectched form Grandstand to Dolman. Well that hows I remembered it but it was a long time ago. Closely rivalled by Palace at home in Play offs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyZ2FytJkA0

Great times Joe. Shame the young 'uns havent got CJS anymore as i know people like me and you couldnt of gone to all the away games we did. Great times following City!

Im pretty sure we beat them 1-0. Late late goal in a packed gate on a Tuesday night! I believe we beat QPR with a late Peacock goal in the same week as well, QPR had Cureton and Tony Thorpe up front!

Yeah that was it 1-0, and i swear christian roberts scored that goal against QPR

Yeah that was it 1-0, and i swear christian roberts scored that goal against QPR

Could well of been, im sure it was Roberts that scored away at Barnsley on the Sunday though. I thought it was Leapy as he was getting alot of stick on here and got 2 vital goals around that time, could be wrong though.

For the overall occasion I'd have to go for the promotion in 2007, however Noble's goal at Palace takes top spot for the best immediate feeling I've ever had as a football fan. I'll never forget the manner in which the away end exploded and every time i return to Selhurst it still brings a smile to my face. Magical.

I wasnt around to witness it but the 8 players in 82, pros will never do that nowadays, plus the sags take the p*ss about us surviving, if we went im sure it would hurt them mocking us but we survived and came back stronger so jokes on them really.

The daft thing is Jake is they don't understand that even though those we're dark days,City fans were and STILL ARE immensely proud of The Ashton Gate Eight.They are complete heroes to the fans .Imagine having that kind if loyalty in your team these days.They just don't get it!

:-)

OTIB

Obviously not my all time fav - but still raises a smirk.

I have to think the often mentioned Anfield 94 has to be my personal favourite. There's a long list of them though.

"That" Goal by Scotty against Cardiff is up there as well. City fans went beserk!!

Loads of fantastic city memories and city related adventures.

For purely footballing reasons, Southend away 93, Cardiff away 2001 and Port Vale away 2005.

Port Vale because It demonstrated to myself just how much I love City and how much the actual football club meant to me. For years City also meant piss up and away day frolics, but that season my wife was pregnant and I started to travel to games with a couple of close friends, just for the football. We were so poor at the start of the year and had lost at Donnie to go bottom, I think, of div 3 and i was convinced on the way home that I would see city in Div 4 for the first time.

I made up my mind on the Friday to drive to Port Vale (just before Christmas I think) and we won 1-0, super stevie brooker. It was our first in 10, we may have lost the previous 9, and just remember a few hundred of us in that massive away end going so mental at the end. I've got a small clip saved somewhere on my phone, it is amazing watching it all again, I was so, so happy.

I think it is easy to forget that sometimes posters only moan, or get so depressed, because they care so much.

I may not be a super fan, but Bristol city are so important to me, that they feel a part of me. There will never, ever be anything like them in my life again. I may get upset with them at times, but I love my super reds.

What a great post. This just sums up the exact way I feel. I wasn't at Vale that night but have had plenty of days and nights far away supporting

my team, my Bristol City, my reds.

They'll always be part of my life and when we've lost and I wake in the middle of the night I immediately think of our result and hope it was a dream...sadly not I realise. But when I wake after a win the day or night before...well there's always an extra spring in my step and smile on my face !!

Best moment for me by the way has to be FA Cup Liverpool at Anfield. Simply just fantastic.

Agree with Coventry post above but being in the open end the game before against Liverpool with 38,000 which was the biggest crowd I have ever seen at the Gate and watching the whole of the East End at the end of the game singing You will never walk alone and the scarves strectched form Grandstand to Dolman. Well that hows I remembered it but it was a long time ago. Closely rivalled by Palace at home in Play offs.

Me to Coventry away and Liverpool at home took all summer to come down

Archived