IGNORED

Your Team For Huddersfield

JammyOne

this lot enjoyed thrilling 2-1 wins against arsenal and then stoke on fifa last night:

heaton

m wilson, carey, fontaine, cunningham

skuse

adomah, elliott, woolford

davies, taylor

carey had a blinder, so mcmanus in for fontaine, briggs in for cunningham and then we're sorted! if it all unfolds like said historic fictional victories, elliott can come off for pearson, anderson on for woolford and sacrafice taylor/davies for baldock once we've battered the defence with taylor's strength being rated 80 and all that

Heaton

Foster Carey McManus Briggs

Elliott Skuse

Adomah Davies Anderson

Stead

Elliott and Skuse both playing deep disciplined roles offering protection to the back four. Gone for Stead as he always works his socks off and would definitely back him to score Vs his old team, Late in the game bring both Taylor and Baldock as their defence tires.

.......................Heaton

Foster Nyatanga McManus Briggs

...............Skuse Elliott

Albert ............Davies ...............Pearson

.......................Taylor

A few players in that team keep there place purely because there is nobody in my opinion outside of the team that could do a better job. Not sure on the fitness of Marv, but I think he walks into the team considering how pathetic our midfield has been recently.

Went for Pearson over Woolford/Anderson on the left as he'll make us a bit more solid (we need all the help we can get) as well having the ability to get up and down the pitch throughout the 90 minutes.

Davies is slightly out of position in a more withdrawn role, but with the two central midfielders I have picked we need someone who can play in the hole just behind the striker and get us playing. Davies may prefer to play as on out and out front man, but I feel he has the talent to play in the number ten role that I've picked him.

we should try this

heaton

Davies Davies Davies davies

Davies Davies Davies Davies

Davies Davies

class team, a lot of height in there so should be ok from set peices, it would be good at free kicks, heading, relatively good at tackling in midfield and will score bag fulls of goals...give it a go del boy!

yes you got it

he he he he

Del seems to have reached the stage where he tries different players and different formations in each match so it’s pointless trying to guess the team. Gary Johnson went the same way towards the end of his time at City and look at what happened to him!

O.K. things have to change because of injuries etc, but what I’d like to see is some sort of continuity in team selection, formation and tactics.

I reckon the reason the cliche 'all the teams can beat each other - on their day', appears to a true-ism is because Championship teams set-up their play differently every game to take account of the opposition and how they play! In my view that's an absolute a recipe for inconsistency because your team never player the same way twice. What ever happened to the 'let the opposition worry about us mentality' and not pandering to uncertainty and fear. That used to be the English way didn't it?

It baffles me the amount of people use your when they're meant to use you're, you however have done it the other way round. That's talent.

P.S that team wont happen, Killa out 100%.

Pales into insignificance when you glance at the number of people who use 'should of' instead of the correct English which is 'should have' .

• Admin

we should try this

heaton

Davies Davies Davies davies

Adomah Davies Davies Davies

Davies Davies

class team, a lot of height in there so should be ok from set peices, it would be good at free kicks, heading, relatively good at tackling in midfield and will score bag fulls of goals...give it a go del boy!

After being "rested" against Hull, I'd be tempted to make one change to your team as above. He'll have a point to prove and has at times been unplayable himself this season.

I also hope that my reply contains the correct amount of apostrophes & contains no obvious spelling errors.

I reckon the reason the cliche 'all the teams can beat each other - on their day', appears to a true-ism is because Championship teams set-up their play differently every game to take account of the opposition and how they play! In my view that's an absolute a recipe for inconsistency because your team never player the same way twice. What ever happened to the 'let the opposition worry about us mentality' and not pandering to uncertainty and fear. That used to be the English way didn't it?

Unfortunately, this season the cliche reads " all the teams can beat us - every day!".

I agree with what you say Ace, at the start of the season we played to our attacking strength and got the results. Ok since the Posh game injuries have affected selection, but I do think that DMc has increasingly been trying to select a team to protect our defence and only suceeded in making us weaker.

Adopting the OP format

............................................Heaton

.............................J.Wilson...............McManus

..Foster..................................................................Briggs

...........................Elliott..................Pearson

Adomah..........................Davies......................Anderson

.......................................Taylor

Heaton - Not actually done a tremendous amount right or wrong, frequently hear people moan about the consistency of his kicking, I think they're clutching at straws.

Foster - He is the best right back we have IMO and has to play in his natural position

Wilson - Give the lad a go, I understand Nyatanga didn't play too badly v Hull but for me, he looks like an accident waiting to happen. The only solution for this would be a long run in the team which I understand is hypocrytical

McManus - Don't feel the need to explain this one, unless he is injured, he was brought in as a commanding centre half because we don't have one, not playing him would be footballing suicide

Briggs - Looks decent, on loan, no quarms with performance on Saturday

Elliott - whether he's fit or not get him in! he's a leader, whether he's captain or not, he leads men would be interesting to see him partner Morris when fit

Pearson - Hasn't been spectacular over the last few games but shows signs of improving performances

Adomah - Although he hasn't really impressed me recently there is no one to challenge him for RW spot, and any other formation is not defensive enough

Davis- 4 goals in 3 games says it all

Anderson - Seems to be getting his teeth into the games now, must have kicked up a gear in traning

Taylor - Wins the ball in the air, holds it up well - what we need up top on Saturday, Huddersfield are a good team and I believe most of our attacks will involve the ball being played high or long to Taylor

Subs:

Gerken

Carey

Skuse

Woolford

Baldock (do we only get 5?)

Stead

M. Wilson (if we get 7)

Regardless of the score Baldock for Davies 70'

If we're chasing the game Stead for Anderson 80'

If we're not chasing Skuse for Elliott 75'

Nyatanga didnt play too badly? I thought he was pony - the guy gives me a panic attack whenever his name is read out on the teamsheet.

He was to blame for getting sucked in for Hull's first goal.

My team:

Heaton

Foster

Carey

Mcmanus

Briggs

Adomah

Elliott (wrapped in cotton wool)

Pearson

Morris

Davies

Taylor

I read somewhere that J.Wilson is out of this game so with Carey and Fontaine both out leaves us with McManus and Fontaine the only first team centre backs available. This might be the game we see Holloway either in or at least a sub.

You mean Nyatanga I guess. Tangs had a great game against Hull, so there's no reason he won't start. Amadi might be on the bench though, I agree.

Archived