IGNORED

Your Team For Huddersfield

JammyOne

Has anyone else seen that we literally have no cb in the team tomorrow apart from tangs? Carey, Fonts and Wilson all injured

http://www1.skysport.../262359/preview

If you play footy, you fight , dont matter what position you "like to play" you play to win, whoever plays 2moz must be up for it and play for the shirt, cover your mates arse, track back, whatever it takes you are a team.....so i would like to see a team effort...is that too much to ask ?

If you play footy, you fight , dont matter what position you "like to play" you play to win, whoever plays 2moz must be up for it and play for the shirt, cover your mates arse, track back, whatever it takes you are a team.....so i would like to see a team effort...is that too much to ask ?

Agree that the fight should be there... but with the likes of Jermaine Beckford and James Vaughan in Huddersfields front two I am worried at the prospect of Tangs and someone as the people to stop them.

Agree that the fight should be there... but with the likes of Jermaine Beckford and James Vaughan in Huddersfields front two I am worried at the prospect of Tangs and someone as the people to stop them.

a seasonal response is...they need some rockets up their arses, start playing for each other,defend as a team and attack as a team, DM instilled that phsychology towards the end of last season and somehow it has gone, we are in a "backs to the wall" thingy at the mo, we have to go ugly and dig out the points....at any cost, and when the points start coming we will piss on any team in this division, no doubts whatsoever,.....play off's ?......Na, survival....oh yes

we should try this

heaton

Davies Davies Davies davies

Davies Davies Davies Davies

Davies Davies

class team, a lot of height in there so should be ok from set peices, it would be good at free kicks, heading, relatively good at tackling in midfield and will score bag fulls of goals...give it a go del boy!

I like this but I would play a 4-5-1 formation with Davies in the middle floating between midfield and striker.

Adopting the OP format

............................................Heaton

.............................J.Wilson...............McManus

..Foster..................................................................Briggs

...........................Elliott..................Pearson

Adomah..........................Davies......................Anderson

.......................................Taylor

Heaton - Not actually done a tremendous amount right or wrong, frequently hear people moan about the consistency of his kicking, I think they're clutching at straws.

Foster - He is the best right back we have IMO and has to play in his natural position

Wilson - Give the lad a go, I understand Nyatanga didn't play too badly v Hull but for me, he looks like an accident waiting to happen. The only solution for this would be a long run in the team which I understand is hypocrytical

McManus - Don't feel the need to explain this one, unless he is injured, he was brought in as a commanding centre half because we don't have one, not playing him would be footballing suicide

Briggs - Looks decent, on loan, no quarms with performance on Saturday

Elliott - whether he's fit or not get him in! he's a leader, whether he's captain or not, he leads men would be interesting to see him partner Morris when fit

Pearson - Hasn't been spectacular over the last few games but shows signs of improving performances

Adomah - Although he hasn't really impressed me recently there is no one to challenge him for RW spot, and any other formation is not defensive enough

Davis- 4 goals in 3 games says it all

Anderson - Seems to be getting his teeth into the games now, must have kicked up a gear in traning

Taylor - Wins the ball in the air, holds it up well - what we need up top on Saturday, Huddersfield are a good team and I believe most of our attacks will involve the ball being played high or long to Taylor

Subs:

Gerken

Carey

Skuse

Woolford

Baldock (do we only get 5?)

Stead

M. Wilson (if we get 7)

Regardless of the score Baldock for Davies 70'

If we're chasing the game Stead for Anderson 80'

If we're not chasing Skuse for Elliott 75'

so Davies is 4for 3 playing as striker playing as striker and you move him into midfield?

I would play 3 4 3 myself, dropping Elliott into the back line. Probably watched a bit too much Serie A (half the sides play this way). IMHO our centre halves are pulled out of position too much and could do with an extra one. We can win this game if we our more solid and look to hit them on the break. That means playing our 3 best players and giving them a bit of freedom. Alternatively swap Skuse and Elliott around if Marv does have the legs for 90 minutes in midfield.

Heaton

Elliott McManus Nyatanga

Foster Skuse Pearson Briggs

Albert Davies

Baldock

I reckon the reason the cliche 'all the teams can beat each other - on their day', appears to a true-ism is because Championship teams set-up their play differently every game to take account of the opposition and how they play! In my view that's an absolute a recipe for inconsistency because your team never player the same way twice. What ever happened to the 'let the opposition worry about us mentality' and not pandering to uncertainty and fear. That used to be the English way didn't it?

It was certainly GJ's way...

Archived