IGNORED

Dell And The Boys Turn In Zombies For Halloween....

spudski

To me they all look like they are getting ready to be beamed up!

Excellent work spudski, you could make a nice little business out of this.

If i had the time, I would, but it's just a hobby.

Often thought about approaching the Club shop and seeing if they wanted to stock any for supporters to buy.

Any kit from past or present can be painted.

I did one in the past for Alex Ferguson... So who knows...

Bit more to cheer up a gloomy Autumn night....

001-64.jpg

roma_7980.jpg

004-18.jpg

Subby action...

1-7.jpg

1-8.jpg

subby15.jpg

1-5.jpg

1-4.jpg

1-1.jpg

313895794_7384186647.jpg

001-32.jpg

If i had the time, I would, but it's just a hobby.

Often thought about approaching the Club shop and seeing if they wanted to stock any for supporters to buy.

Any kit from past or present can be painted.

I did one in the past for Alex Ferguson... So who knows...

I hope he paid millions for it too!

I like your stadiums, perhaps bring one down the robins next home game and i'll give you a game or two. Put a pound in for surfer flag charity.

Is there any league to this game, like a pub league? you could have 11 players each side, 1 player from each side has 10 minutes each half, 3 points for a win. at the end whichever team has the most points obviously wins!

PS if I was playing last I might be too pissed by then!

Dunno...... but I really liked the pic in the snow (class) ........discuss : )

Glad you like the pic mate. It's a Stadium built by a friend of mine. It has over 10,000 individually handpainted supporters in it...including ones of all his friends. Taken 30 years to do.

There are a bunch of us that meet up and play once a month, have a few beers and chat football. We're from all over the south of England and use Bracknel Town FC as our base...home to another club called the Robins.

We're all into 60's-70's and 80's football. It's all a bit of fun...made a lot of friends through it...and have travelled to Italy to play in Comps over their. In fact...the Subbuteo scene is massive over their...it's seen as retro cool. Di Canio and Gigi Buffon are well known collectors and players too.

All sounds a bit geeky...but it's far from it. Just an excuse to drink beer and chat football....

The snowy pitch harks back to the day of playing East European teams in the European Cup, on dark,cold Continental floodlit nights during the 70's...good days...

I hope he paid millions for it too!

I like your stadiums, perhaps bring one down the the robins next home game and i'll give you a game or two. Put a pound in for surfer flag charity.

Is there any league to this game, like a pub league? you could have 11 players each side, 1 player each from each side has 10 minutes each half, 3 points for a win. at the end whichever team has the most points obviously wins!

PS if I was playing last I might be too pissed by then!

There are leagues all over England mate. It's dead easy to set up one with your mates down your local though.

Pubs are very receptive to it, as it gets people in and it only takes up a table space.

Fix pitch to some chipboard cut to size at B&Q

Easiest and cheapest way to set up, is to go on ebay. There is 1000's of it on there.

Manchester City held the Subbuteo World Cup back in the summer. People from all over the world travelled their.

Those players are way too serious...most just like us, want to have a laugh and get drunk...

world-cup-sports-table-football-610x315.jpg

Not wanting to pour cold water over any of the above,its difficult to keep things going

Their use to be a Subbuteo meeting at the (yellow fronted)Tampas bar near to the Ashton turnpike house. a little while ago.

If any one is interested their is a Subbuteo event and trade fair at Maidenhead on SUNDAY March 17 2013

Not wanting to pour cold water over any of the above,its difficult to keep things going

Their use to be a Subbuteo meeting at the (yellow fronted)Tampas bar near to the Ashton turnpike house. a little while ago.

If any one is interested their is a Subbuteo event and trade fair at Maidenhead on SUNDAY March 17 2013

They did mate... I instigated it for them. They ran a La Liga based set up...in keeping with the Spanish theme.

Think it ran on a tuesday night.

Is Spudski the Undertones "Perfect cousin".?......

Awesome set ups.........all I had was two stands and the tv tower!

I did have a "striker" set though..........but most of the heads came off eventualy!

You know your Subby mate... also Half man half biscuit were Subbuteo related.

There are leagues all over England mate. It's dead easy to set up one with your mates down your local though.

Pubs are very receptive to it, as it gets people in and it only takes up a table space.

Fix pitch to some chipboard cut to size at B&Q

Easiest and cheapest way to set up, is to go on ebay. There is 1000's of it on there.

Manchester City held the Subbuteo World Cup back in the summer. People from all over the world travelled their.

Those players are way too serious...most just like us, want to have a laugh and get drunk...

Thanks for the information, I never realised this was such a big game. I've been looking through several links about this game. I looked at the Subbuteo forum. There is a guy on there from Bristol asking for help on new rules, he also says there is no clubs in Bristol, once again Bristol is lacking behind on the rest of the country.

http://www.subbuteoplayersforum.com/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=776d9de765f3b7e3a8a279f6c90cdeb3

Link to the forum if anyone is interested.

I have also looked on ebay and saw the new Bristol City team for 12/13. £13 not bad. I might be tempted!

There is a good video if anyone wants to watch it, it just shows how passionate some of these players are!

For me personally I think this would be a bit of fun and a laugh.

With all these different tournaments, it might be a good idea for the Dolman hall to stage something like this. Might make a bit of money out of it.

I dunno what my missus would think of it though.

Thanks for the information, I never realised this was such a big game. I've been looking through several links about this game. I looked at the Subbuteo forum. There is a guy on there from Bristol asking for help on new rules, he also says there is no clubs in Bristol, once again Bristol is lacking behind on the rest of the country.

http://www.subbuteop...8a279f6c90cdeb3

Link to the forum if anyone is interested.

I have also looked on ebay and saw the new Bristol City team for 12/13. £13 not bad. I might be tempted!

There is a good video if anyone wants to watch it, it just shows how passionate some of these players are!

!

For me personally I think this would be a bit of fun and a laugh.

With all these different tournaments, it might be a good idea for the Dolman hall to stage something like this. Might make a bit of money out of it.

I dunno what my missus would think of it though.

OMG mate...you've really opened a can of worms now.

I'm aware of the Subbuteo players forum. Unfortunately it's not for me. The Subbuteo ruling authority 'FISTF' are imho, the most ridiculous organisation i've ever laid my eyes on. The Politics involved are excruitiating and painful. Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians so to speak. They play a game of Table Soccer based on Subbuteo...it is far removed from it. Almost like 'shove h'penny.

There is a loose Organisation of people who collect and play Subbuteo from the 60's, 70's and 80's. Called OLDSUBBUTEO.

They play for fun...and it's more social and less serious.

Remember...lets keep this in context...we are talking about blokes flicking bits of plastic...

They play to the old rules we had as kids...using the same equipment or replicas of it and anyone taking it too serious...gets well and truely put in their place, with a verbal kick in the bollox.

You wouldn't believe, what was originally a childs game, could become so serious by a few. Unfortunately, those serious few, have spoilt it for a lot of players in this Country and they have given up.

Check out these forums mate...

http://www.subbuteoforum.org.uk/index.php

http://oldsubbuteo.forumfree.it/ use the English translation

If you want to see how i play the game...then check out this vid, when i played in Rome. It's always as crazy as this, and a full on piss take. Loads of banter and drinking...as well as a bit of flicking action.

BTW...it's not me singing the National Anthem...just my nutty mate.

Archived