IGNORED

Swindon Promotion?

spudski

Anyone else hope they get promoted so we get a derby next season?

God forbid we don't go down and they come up...

I've been watching them closely since Paolo took over. I'm also a Lazio fan and admire his work ethics in football.

He's certainly doing a good job their, and i think he's suprised a few, as he's so emotional, flambouyant and controversial...which isn't always good as a manager.

What i do know, is that he is a model professional when it comes to training and hard work.

Also good to see him giving the young 18 year old a go last night...almost worked out for him.

I know many on here don't like him...but i would have loved him down here...or someone like Zola.

Any thoughts...apart from the usual 'he's a fascist'...

Anyone else hope they get promoted so we get a derby next season?

God forbid we don't go down and they come up...

I've been watching them closely since Paolo took over. I'm also a Lazio fan and admire his work ethics in football.

He's certainly doing a good job their, and i think he's suprised a few, as he's so emotional, flambouyant and controversial...which isn't always good as a manager.

What i do know, is that he is a model professional when it comes to training and hard work.

Also good to see him giving the young 18 year old a go last night...almost worked out for him.

I know many on here don't like him...but i would have loved him down here...or someone like Zola.

Any thoughts...apart from the usual 'he's a fascist'...

Sadly live in Swindon at the moment and know a fair few of their fans. The general consenus is that he is doing a good job but the bloke is a car crash waiting to happen.

They have a transfer embargo because he keeps signing new players and they have payed up loads of other players contracts that De Canio signed

Self publicist who takes the credit when they win and blames the players when they lose.

Apparently they have one of the highest budgets in the league so I don't think he's achieved anything, to be honest.

And yes, he's a fascist apologist and Lazio fan (same thing) so I have nothing but contempt for him.

No thanks, hate Swindon with a passion and detest Di Canio. Having lived near Swindon most of my life I dislike them even more than the Rovers. They're not even a proper derby. Bring back the Bristol derby, not interested in playing Swindon anytime soon.

Self publicist who takes the credit when they win and blames the players when they lose.

Apparently they have one of the highest budgets in the league so I don't think he's achieved anything, to be honest.

And yes, he's a fascist apologist and Lazio fan (same thing) so I have nothing but contempt for him.

+1 to this post, my thoughts entirely.

Who says if they come up we will be playing them next season!!!

You obviously didn't read my post properly...

Interesting thoughts from everyone.

Graham C has obviously never been to a Lazio game in Rome. Not all Lazio fans are Facists... In the same way all City fans aren't tractor driving, Cider drinking Wurzels...

Paolo's obviously a controversial character and unconventional...shaking the Club to it's roots.

I think it's down to his passion and work ethic, which he expects from his players too.

Time will tell with him as a manager I feel...and to what level.

Would be interesting to see him at a bigger Club ( say West Ham ) and see how he gets on with supposed superior 'Star players'.

Certainly entertaining.

he will demand discipline and performances every week from his players, can tell that they know they need to impress him to keep playing. Wouldn't see many of our players going to the pub after a loss if Paulo was in charge - not bringing that back up as a bad thing for the players to do, just my opinion

Swindle just leave a bad taste in my mouth, used to hate going there - never felt safe once at their place

As for PDC, great footballer, vile man. As others have said, seems to take all the plaudits and passes the blame with the same skill he used to pass a football. As for being a great motivator - who was the striker he sold to Bradford in the summer, Connell? Ask him what he thinks about him, or Caddis, their former skipper, now on loan at Birmingham. The bloke is a car crash waiting to happen, and I hope it happens whilst he's there, unless he's planning on taking over at the Gash at any point soon

I hate Swindon with a passion. I have a load of idiot mates that support them and know plenty of Johnny come lately Swindon 'fans' since Di Canio's arrival. Funnily enough until last season I hadn't heard a peep from any of them in 5 years!

Not for me! Cardiff is a better derby!

Cant wait for another derby, so I hope they get promoted!

I dont mid Di Canio to be honest, I remember thinking at the time they appointed him it was a massive gamble but so far seems to have paid off. like the first poster said he seems to put the players through their paces in training and runs the team his way which I think ultimately earns him respect of the team.

I cant stand Swindle...living in Stroud theres a few about who just keep goin on about how theyve been in the Premiershit, and weve never been in "the top flight". When I tell them of the "old" first division they say its not the same, and they are "the only West country team ever to make it".....until they got busted for all their fiddling...!! Crap ground, poor fan base, barking mad manager......love it when they lose. I remember goin there in the 80s...all hell broke loose and City started ripping the terraces up and throwing it at the Police.They let their Alsations loose on us....Swindle had to close that part of the ground for ages as the stand started to collapse. Anyone else there that day ??

Archived