IGNORED

David Noble In Trouble

myol'man

This was the morning after he just scored 2 goals to clinch us promotion, I don't see the problem with celebratory drink? Like he said he only had a quiet night in with his mum and dad anyway...

I don't have a problem with a celebratory drink, in fact as I post i'm having a nice celebratory drink, but you are a representative of your employers and subject to certain responsibilities and he was embarrassing to his club and himself.

Total and utter bullshit, the management tried and tried and gave him chance after chance and why?, because they knew what Gazza knew about him, he could be if he wanted a player out of the top drawer, sadly he never wanted it.

Objectivity an essential factor. Noble was never given the trust, backing and support although a superior footballer

No problem with his attitide. A great guy. Needed support but was not given. A good honest life time bud on minimum wage on the sofa and we would probably have reached the prem

Dream on FFS, he was given shedloads and didn't want it.

and unless Exeter didn't give him support as well, he could still have reached the prem, if he wanted to.

So you've never in your life been in a punch up? Didn't think he was a scumbag when he scored at Rotherham promotion season or scoring a blinder away at palace but there we are some people obviously have short memories

No matter how many goals he's scored - violence is not excusable. Once again alcohol is at the centre of things - its about time we stopped allowing pissheads to excuse their behaviour with the cursory 'sorry mate it wasn't my fault it was the drink'.

It was a punch up for god sake?! Some people need to get a grip. Just because he is a footballer it doesn't change the fact he is just a HUMAN BEING like the rest of us..

and presumably the person he assaulted?, who seems to have little or no sympathy from some quarters.

Noble is living proof that you can play 70 odd games only about 7 of those to his full ability, the rest quite average score a couple of important goals and somehow become a legend.

It was a punch up for god sake?! Some people need to get a grip. Just because he is a footballer it doesn't change the fact he is just a HUMAN BEING like the rest of us..

Wow someone talking sense. I find it funny that people saying that noble has 14 brain cells are able to judge someone on their actions when they were neither there or involved- how many brain cells do you need to be able to accomplish this?

Wow someone talking sense. I find it funny that people saying that noble has 14 brain cells are able to judge someone on their actions when they were neither there or involved- how many brain cells do you need to be able to accomplish this?

ok how many do you need then to be one of three people attacking one single person? and is that the action of a hero?.

ok how many do you need then to one of three people attacking one single person? and is that the action of a hero?.

When did I say he was a hero? All I said was he scored some vital goals for us and that you shouldn't judge someone when you don't know the full story - but clearly you do know the full story so maybe I'm wrong forgive me I'm only human and make mistakes like everybody else

When did I say he was a hero? All I said was he scored some vital goals for us and that you shouldn't judge someone when you don't know the full story - but clearly you do know the full story so maybe I'm wrong forgive me I'm only human and make mistakes like everybody else

Mate I will give you a very important life lesson, one day somebody might break your jaw or a loved one's jaw then come back on here and turn the other cheek, that is of course if you can turn the other cheek or not because of the pain, whilst you are eating your meals through a straw because your jaw is wired up and then we will see if your philosophy of humanity still holds true.

Mate I will give you a very important life lesson, one day somebody might break your jaw or a loved one's jaw then come back on here and turn the other cheek, that is of course if you can turn the other cheek or not because of the pain, whilst you are eating your meals through a straw because your jaw is wired up and then we will see if your philosophy of humanity still holds true.

I'm not condoning what he did. Problem with a fight is it goes 2 ways - you win or you lose. I've been in a fight in town before and I know I wouldn't wish a broken jaw on anyone and but for all we know the bloke in question could of been a grade a xxxx to noble. It was a punch (obv a fairly good one) but it was a drunken mistake and there is no way I or anyone else who has been involved in a punch up can judge noble on his actions I doubt he went out thinking "im gunna break someone's jaw tonight" it was a night out that got out of hand. None of us were there none of us truely know what happened so calling him scum is a bit out of order

How about this for judgement then and comes with a great title seeing as how some people see him as a hero.

http://www.dailytele...9-1226474305915

OK, in Corinthians Jesus authorizes us to judge. Judge we must or else we could not discern good from bad, proper from improper, righteousness from evil. But judge behaviour, not the individual; the deed, not the doer; the choice, not the chooser. The individual/doer/chooser is accountable for his/her deed/choice, but judge the deed/choice in your judgment. Jesus could see a King in a shepherd boy and an Apostle in a murderer. So while we must judge one's behavior we must try to nurture the goodness in an individual: to separate the deed from the doer.

....in David Noble I often saw a really good midfielder for Bristol's redzzzzzz, try the lesson Jesus spoke of and separate the deed from the doer.

I'm not condoning what he did. Problem with a fight is it goes 2 ways - you win or you lose. I've been in a fight in town before and I know I wouldn't wish a broken jaw on anyone and but for all we know the bloke in question could of been a grade a xxxx to noble. It was a punch (obv a fairly good one) but it was a drunken mistake and there is no way I or anyone else who has been involved in a punch up can judge noble on his actions I doubt he went out thinking "im gunna break someone's jaw tonight" it was a night out that got out of hand. None of us were there none of us truely know what happened so calling him scum is a bit out of order

I agree with virtually all you have said in this post, unfortunately there are people who will have been victims or related to victims of attacks and heard all of this mitigation in court and sorry to say it dosen't wash (not with me me anyway) and sometimes it ends in an even bigger tragedy and not only 2 lives are ruined but many others. I urge you to read the article (I know it's Australian in origin) but it tells an all to familiar story and proves that for every action there is a consequence.

OK, in Corinthians Jesus authorizes us to judge. Judge we must or else we could not discern good from bad, proper from improper, righteousness from evil. But judge behaviour, not the individual; the deed, not the doer; the choice, not the chooser. The individual/doer/chooser is accountable for his/her deed/choice, but judge the deed/choice in your judgment. Jesus could see a King in a shepherd boy and an Apostle in a murderer. So while we must judge one's behavior we must try to nurture the goodness in an individual: to separate the deed from the doer.

....in David Noble I often saw a really good midfielder for Bristol's redzzzzzz, try the lesson Jesus spoke of and separate the deed from the doer.

Now forgive me if I am wrong but I had you down as a card carrying atheist.

Now forgive me if I am wrong but I had you down as a card carrying atheist.

I don't know where you got that idea. I might stray from the path of the righteous on many occasions but I was born a Christian and I'll die a Christian. Anyway, I was Christened at St Aldhelm's church - the nearest church to Ashton Gate by my reckoning.

I don't know where you got that idea. I might stray from the path of the righteous on many occasions but I was born a Christian and I'll die a Christian. Anyway, I was Christened at St Aldhelm's church - the nearest church to Ashton Gate by my reckoning.

Perhaps your non descript politics that gave me that idea.

I would have thought the church opposite the old Ashton Gate school was closer. As a kid I grew up only a few streets away from St Aldhelms and spent many an hour in there for one thing or another, my sister used to go to dance classes in the church hall there and a mate of mine used to play the organ, he got so so good he used to take his shoes off and play hymns with his feet so he could read or have a smoke.

I agree with virtually all you have said in this post, unfortunately there are people who will have been victims or related to victims of attacks and heard all of this mitigation in court and sorry to say it dosen't wash (not with me me anyway) and sometimes it ends in an even bigger tragedy and not only 2 lives are ruined but many others. I urge you to read the article (I know it's Australian in origin) but it tells an all to familiar story and proves that for every action there is a consequence.

Let's agree to disagree. Dreadful story wouldn't wish that on my enemy. But again I've been in a similar situation like many on here (there was a 2 page thread gloryifying football violence not long ago) and i am not able to judge someone on actions although it doesn't wash with you I can assure you there are assholes out there who bring it on themselves (not saying they deserve a broken jaw). Noble could have brought it on himself or could have just been standing up for himself we don't know the facts and until we do I will refrain from calling him a scumbag.

Archived