IGNORED

Huddersfield Vs Bristol City Match Thread

East end Forever

remember the good old days when we used to score late on, defend for our lives, (mother the goal) and show fight, passion and spirit. i miss those days, the football wasnt fantastic, but we were guarenteed 110% every week.

Those good old days also happened to have been the days where we kept letting last minute goals in because Johnson refused to go for another goal - they weren't that great.

remember the good old days when we used to score late on, defend for our lives, (mother the goal) and show fight, passion and spirit. i miss those days, the football wasnt fantastic, but we were guarenteed 110% every week.

The players don't give a toss - they'll drive home in their BMW's and get ratted tomorrow just as usual.

Two crap teams from the sounds of it. 0-0 would have been the right result, but as usual we can't keep concentration for the full 90.

It was exactly the right result just because we cannot concentrate for 90 minutes. Poor coaching if you ask me. Concentration is one thing you can coach, even if there is a lack of talent.

9 under johnson wasn't it?

Great though isn't it, everyone saying we can score loads, yet when we need just 1 or 2 we are incapable.

We dont score as many when we play 4-3-3

Trouble is we cant defend in a 4-4-2

Conundrum.

Thing is people keep saying we have a better team than last year, but aren't getting the results. We've picked up 5 points from 11 games now, that is relegation form and doesn't seem to be improvement coming soon.

Still say we lost a quality cb and cm end of last season and never replaced.

We dont score as many when we play 4-3-3

Trouble is we cant defend in a 4-4-2

Conundrum.

We can't defend in any formation unfortunately, as 0 clean sheets suggests. No point in trying now, if Del cannot train a cohesive back line and midfield, he may as well try and get the momentum going in the other direction. He has had long enough to have a defensive system in place for the midfield and defence to work to. yet they still look like strangers.

Thing is people keep saying we have a better team than last year, but aren't getting the results. We've picked up 5 points from 11 games now, that is relegation form and doesn't seem to be improvement coming soon.

Still say we lost a quality cb and cm end of last season and never replaced.

That is because people cannot or seem not to realise that we still haven't filled the main positions that needed filling, or keep fawning over Del and theri apparant belief he is going to get it right. he was lucky last season, he is showing his failings as a manger at the moment.. A small minority of us have been banging on about it for months and months, but get called whingers. And shot down with "In Del We Trust" well the failure to get in players in the positions we need are rightly coming home to roost, and we are in the position we deserve to be in.

DM: "Extremely frustrated. As the away team, we did the fundamentals right. We defended for the majority with resolve, except the goal."

DM: "I know we're in a results business and all the positives are outweighed by the result. It's another disappointing day for our fans.

DM: "We were dominant in our possession play without really imposing on their keeper."

DM: "We're disappointed with the goal, letting Novak in too easily and we got caught on our heels at the back post."

DM: "I think Sam Baldock will be disappointed not to score. I didn't think it was over the line or handball."

DM: "The responsibility is on all of us to keep working hard to turn this run around."

DM: "Dean Gerken has come back in and he didn't really have a lot to do."

DM: "Extremely frustrated. As the away team, we did the fundamentals right. We defended for the majority with resolve, except the goal."

DM: "I know we're in a results business and all the positives are outweighed by the result. It's another disappointing day for our fans.

DM: "We were dominant in our possession play without really imposing on their keeper."

DM: "We're disappointed with the goal, letting Novak in too easily and we got caught on our heels at the back post."

DM: "I think Sam Baldock will be disappointed not to score. I didn't think it was over the line or handball."

DM: "The responsibility is on all of us to keep working hard to turn this run around."

DM: "Dean Gerken has come back in and he didn't really have a lot to do."

I'm waiting for the 2nd "I didn't see it coming" quote, can't be far away

I am sat in my warm living room on my computer................but I really do feel sorry for the poor bastards who have to travel 300 miles and freeze their **s off, and put up with this utter crap...I did my fair bit of away travel......and its no fun having to watch your side not even make much effort or create any chances. Mcinnes has had time to sort this out......but it looks like desperation is setting in, and it doesn't appear as if he knows his best side. It would appear obvious to most that our midfield is not upto it...but it never seems to be addressed. With the cost of fuel and tickets, I have nothing but admiration for the die hard away support....its just a shame that the team don't have the same attitude as our loyal fans

Archived