IGNORED

Stick Or Twist - Simple Question

MC RISK77

Manager..????

Board..???

What about the players...............

Money, have to pay them off, I don't know why, contractors get booted out all the time in industry if they are not pulling their weight, why the protection in football?

I'm afraid the issue comes down to investment. We take the cheap option. Morris came in because he was cheaper than Cisse (not as good either) McManus came in because he was cheaper than Bikey (not as good either). It appears Stead will be moved on because he's too expensive.

If Lansdown no longer wishes to fund us to get better rather than just keep us afloat then maybe it's time to actively look for a buyer.

I'm afraid the issue comes down to investment. We take the cheap option. Morris came in because he was cheaper than Cisse (not as good either) McManus came in because he was cheaper than Bikey (not as good either). It appears Stead will be moved on because he's too expensive.

If Lansdown no longer wishes to fund us to get better rather than just keep us afloat then maybe it's time to actively look for a buyer.

I'm afraid I think I agree with you. There seems to be no point in having a mega wealthy owner if all that happens is a 'finger in the dyke' policy.

Im in full agreement with you on that front

Stick, but we need a win soon

Im not sure about all the criticism levelled at the board; they have clearly backed Del with the signings of Baldock, Davies etc.

I also think that Del should have had a radical clear-out player wise when he was appointed becasue as a team we are making the same mistakes under different managers.

If the club did decide to twist however, I would like to see a tough disciplinarian manager appointed, as I think some of the players in this team are seriously lacking commitment and we also seem a bit soft compared to other teams

I've considered this, but anyone willing to buy City and the debt would be dubious or very stupid.

Stick, but we need a win soon

Im not sure about all the criticism levelled at the board; they have clearly backed Del with the signings of Baldock, Davies etc.

Didnt it happen with Millen aswell though? Signed wingers and strikers but failed to get a defender in until we started letting in goals for fun then we got caulker. The same has happend with del

Stick , I'm convinced DM wanted to sign Bikey , as he was still training with us at the beginning of the season and he offered Cisse another contract.

The problem is the wages we can afford to pay. We are trying to cut our wage bill from £15.9M in the last set of accounts. Bikey is rumoured to be on £20K per week at Boro and Cisse was allegedly on £14K per week here. The bottom line is , we can't afford them. It makes no difference how much money Lansdown has got , we have to get the accounts right for when the FFP rules kick in and we ain't going to do that with 12K crowds and paying top wages.

Some will argue that it will only get worse if we go down , but if we do , and do well , we'll probably get as big if not bigger crowds than we get now. Not that I want that but I cant see that sacking Del and all his staff will do the finances any good. What would any new mnager have to spend if we are paying up contracts left , right and centre ??

Whoevers in charge will need to pull off a five card trick to get us out of this mess and I can't see Del doing that.

I was fairly neutral about Del taking over, couldn't really see what was so good to get over excited about, didn't know anything bad either. What I can say is nothing has improved on the last few years. On that evidence I have to say Twist.

Stick, It's also down to the players, a good result against brum could be the turning point.

Been saying that most games, but as quick as the bad run started, a good run could be next. (live in hope)

Give Del and the players the next 3 games and if no points then the axe has to fall.

Im in full agreement with you on that front

Under FFP rules coming in, we simply can't spend our way out of it. Our income is relatively low compared to other clubs in this division we probably have room financially for one or two modest signings in the next window, depending on whether anyone gets moved on.

Dmac has to be seen as a long term manager, it's the board who should be the short term fall guys, for all the millions he has pumped into the club, it simply isn't being run in the right way. SL took his eye well off the ball with the stadium fiasco, and we haven't been the same since.

The whole thing is a mess but who is to blame? I think there is blame on all parties really. Del seems to be very hit or miss with the players he brings in and also with his tactics. That 8 game unbeaten run made us look good and worthy of a championship place but was that just luck? Now we seem destined for relegation.

The board is another problem. Yes they do back managers to a degree but surely they can see what we see? Buying Davies and Baldock is great but surely they can see we're crying out for a centre back and a midfielder? The silence from the board is also a major worry, they are almost a group of strangers! SL seems to have taken a major back step and although he is still involved, you have to question how much is he involved and is he losing interest?

The players too have to take a lot of blame as they are playing terribly but that goes back to the manager and coaches who pick and train them, and if they aren't doing their job right then we look at the board who employ them! It's almost like every person involved with the club has someone else to blame and nothing seems to get done about it! A total mess.

Edit- A quick mention about finances. We are on the lower end of transfer budgets so we have to be careful and clever in the market but is Del and the board up to this? Obviously they can't chuck money at it all the time but on the other hand they can't just sit back and say or do nothing. It's a toughie all right.

Stick , I'm convinced DM wanted to sign Bikey , as he was still training with us at the beginning of the season and he offered Cisse another contract.

The problem is the wages we can afford to pay. We are trying to cut our wage bill from £15.9M in the last set of accounts. Bikey is rumoured to be on £20K per week at Boro and Cisse was allegedly on £14K per week here. The bottom line is , we can't afford them. It makes no difference how much money Lansdown has got , we have to get the accounts right for when the FFP rules kick in and we ain't going to do that with 12K crowds and paying top wages.

Some will argue that it will only get worse if we go down , but if we do , and do well , we'll probably get as big if not bigger crowds than we get now. Not that I want that but I cant see that sacking Del and all his staff will do the finances any good. What would any new mnager have to spend if we are paying up contracts left , right and centre ??

Or we may go dawn, get sub 8,000 crowds, and only be able to pay even less wages, thus potentially continuing on a downward spiral.

Archived