IGNORED

Stick Or Twist - Simple Question

MC RISK77

For me it's simple the next 2 games could seal his fate IMO and I also feel that if he dosen't open his eyes to the reality of the past 4/5 seasons and he persists with same ultra failing centre midfield pairings or any combination that is available to him in his squad of which he obviously believes Skuse and Elliott are the best pairing and are somehow going to have a visitation from the holy ghost and suddenly become fit for purpose, he might have sealed his own fate, in short he needs to sign somebody and bloody quickly.

Stick for me, at least for the next 2 games, SL has invested to heavily in DMC having his own backroom staff and the whole package would be expensive to move on, but I am still struggling to see a win this year (given our fixtures).

I'm afraid the issue comes down to investment. We take the cheap option. Morris came in because he was cheaper than Cisse (not as good either) McManus came in because he was cheaper than Bikey (not as good either). It appears Stead will be moved on because he's too expensive.

If Lansdown no longer wishes to fund us to get better rather than just keep us afloat then maybe it's time to actively look for a buyer.

As someone else said, FFP.. Maybe until we get the new ground, facilities etc under the new FFP landscape we will be destined to be a yoyo side fluctuating between bottom end of CCC and top end of League One. Stick I guess, we've shown reilience under him at times in the last year, maybe another decent run is on.

As someone else said, FFP.. Maybe until we get the new ground, facilities etc under the new FFP landscape we will be destined to be a yoyo side fluctuating between bottom end of CCC and top end of League One.

All I can see happening with FFP is smaller clubs, in the main, forever being small clubs and being in the lower echelons, not really good for us as the top divisions will always be impossible to reach. What's so wrong with having a 'sugar daddy', as long as the club is not put at risk.

Or we may go dawn, get sub 8,000 crowds, and only be able to pay even less wages, thus potentially continuing on a downward spiral.

True , or we may come straight back up , or we may not go down at all. Thing is , nobody knows anything for sure , except , we cannot afford to pay players £20K per week , which is what Bikey is now on (alledgedly)

All I can see happening with FFP is smaller clubs, in the main, forever being small clubs and being in the lower echelons, not really good for us as the top divisions will always be impossible to reach. What's so wrong with having a 'sugar daddy', as long as the club is not put at risk.

I sort of agree, but unfortunately until the new stadium etc, we are where we are.

Stick.

Yes, we're on a bad run, but there is still a lot of this season left. Chopping and changing managers is not the answer. Del's not finished the task of rebuilding the squad and a couple of better performances will improve confidence.

Not being one to start rumours,but......on Friday some one told me he has five games to turn things around ,the person who told me is usually quite good with his inside knowledge of the club,just repeating what I heard and don't believe myself.

Not being one to start rumours,but......on Friday some one told me he has five games to turn things around ,the person who told me is usually quite good with his inside knowledge of the club,just repeating what I heard and don't believe myself.

Seems like a perfectly reasonable stance. If things aren't going well I'd expect his employers to be looking for some recovery plan. Waiting til Christmas is too long, we may have had it by then. Also a new guy will only have January to settle in, assess and recruit (on a permanent basis). Too much in one month.

I'd stick even if we went down to be honest. I'd just like to see Del concentrate on our good points rather than constantly worry about our bad ones, because let's face it, our defence in incurable at present without signings. Criminal not to have kept Cisse and Bikey when they were training with us this summer, it'll end up costing us relegation.

No need to keep changing every year, we've tried that since GJ left and look where that's got us. Let's get some consistency at the club.

I'd stick even if we went down to be honest. I'd just like to see Del concentrate on our good points rather than constantly worry about our bad ones, because let's face it, our defence in incurable at present without signings. Criminal not to have kept Cisse and Bikey when they were training with us this summer, it'll end up costing us relegation.

No need to keep changing every year, we've tried that since GJ left and look where that's got us. Let's get some consistency at the club.

Couldn't afford either of them , Cisse was offered a contract and turned it down. Bikey reported to be on £20K per week at Boro.

Stick , I'm convinced DM wanted to sign Bikey , as he was still training with us at the beginning of the season and he offered Cisse another contract.

The problem is the wages we can afford to pay. We are trying to cut our wage bill from £15.9M in the last set of accounts. Bikey is rumoured to be on £20K per week at Boro and Cisse was allegedly on £14K per week here. The bottom line is , we can't afford them. It makes no difference how much money Lansdown has got , we have to get the accounts right for when the FFP rules kick in and we ain't going to do that with 12K crowds and paying top wages.

Some will argue that it will only get worse if we go down , but if we do , and do well , we'll probably get as big if not bigger crowds than we get now. Not that I want that but I cant see that sacking Del and all his staff will do the finances any good. What would any new mnager have to spend if we are paying up contracts left , right and centre ??

Very good point.

The question is, is Del the man to make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear? In other words can he achieve survival with a limited budget and defenders / midfield players who are not good enough?

Archived