IGNORED

Guy Price Takes Over Academy

SimonL

Omg. I'm speechless.

It just seems to be one thing after another at the moment......

'Operational and Commerical reasons seem a bit strange to me. What commerical role could there be within the Academy, its there to provide the 1st team with players, not make the club money.

I have a feeling that another 'non football' person may have left but this is adding 2+2 together and possibly coming up with 36.

Looks like something is going on within the club/academy set up, Clayton has left as well.

IMO, it smells of 'non football' people getting involved where they shouldn't.

BCAGFC

re-org Clayton has been here for years and del might not of wanted him,

to be fair our board aren't known for sticking their noses in with regards to footballing matters,

Strange - people complain that the Academy has not produced any real talent and that it is a shambles, yet when it gets re-organised people moving and adjusting we get threads like this with people acting as if it's the end of the world - what is it with these boards, everything has to be brilliant or the end of the world - anyone remember "the good old days" when thew grass was greener, the days warmer and people accepted that there were 100,000's of positions between Brilliant and cataclysm.

On starting work for Bristol City FC, Guy Price told employees of City that he knows nothing about football.

Seems like the perfect choice.

Perhaps the academy director role is a mandatory position and guy price is filling the role until a replacement for kirk is found (seeing that kirk has left immediately and is not working any notice).

Maybe they have been finally addressing the fact that very little comes through to fruition from the Academy and have been putting some targets together which Tim doesn't feel he can achieve. The academy has to have a strong commercial element as we're not a youth club for people trying out football for the first time. Like it or not BCFC is a business which has a history of not producing enough home grown talent and it is about time we put the pressure on. In doing this we save money on transfer fee's and salaries and offer real opportunity for talented local players which is the commercial element presumably - who knows?

Excerpt of letter from Tim Kirk to his Bath Schools outfit, explains how the role has changed:

As you have been aware we have been undergoing great change at the Academy in preparation for the Audit where I have my full time job. Although we have not yet achieved our goal of gaining category 2, we are entering into the second phase to get there. The Academy is now a very different place. Indeed, it is a medium sized business with 60 full and part time members of staff. As such the demands of the Director’s role have changed to become more commercial and operational. With this in mind and following discussions with the Club’s Board, I have decided to resign my post with immediate effect in order to allow the Club as much time as possible to find the right person so that they may continue on the journey to achieving everyone’s ultimate goal.

Excerpt of letter from Tim Kirk to his Bath Schools outfit, explains how the role has changed:

As you have been aware we have been undergoing great change at the Academy in preparation for the Audit where I have my full time job. Although we have not yet achieved our goal of gaining category 2, we are entering into the second phase to get there. The Academy is now a very different place. Indeed, it is a medium sized business with 60 full and part time members of staff. As such the demands of the Director’s role have changed to become more commercial and operational. With this in mind and following discussions with the Club’s Board, I have decided to resign my post with immediate effect in order to allow the Club as much time as possible to find the right person so that they may continue on the journey to achieving everyone’s ultimate goal.

Crumbs thats a good bit of detective work and makes perfect sence. However, the rumours sound more sensational and you never want the truith to get in the way of a good rumour.

So in otherwords Tim felt he wasn't up for the role as it was more admin then he anticaptated and has stepped down giving the club enough time to fill it with someone who can do the job that is required,

Sounds like he's been unselfish and has the clubs best intrests at heart while we try and get categary 2 status

Clayton can't be considered much of a loss given the bad reputation our academy has, playing second fiddle to even the gappers youth system.

That said i do remember skuse telling me how much Clayton had helped his career.

And i remember Clayton telling me how marvellous Marvin Brown and Jennison Myrie-Williams were our next stars out of the academy a few years back. Good judgement from the Academy Manager, not!!

Archived