IGNORED

Jon Lansdown Speaks!

!james

snapback.pngyate super reds, on 05 November 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

i could list many decent players mate so what postion u want me to name

Just name a few championship players who have come straight from foreign clubs and are doing well currently.

mate i posted a list of players from overseas not all nationalities just go and luck

Aluko was signed from Scottish football, but ok fair points. However I expected more names.

I didn't say it in a prove me wrong way, but I genuinely couldn't think of names!

Aluko was also born in Hounslow! It is a good point though; we've been terrible at attracting talent from abroad. Brennan was great and before that we had Agostino and Seal but in the last 10-15 years the only decent foreign signings we've had were Sebok and the 2 Andersens I guess

Aluko was also born in Hounslow! It is a good point though; we've been terrible at attracting talent from abroad. Brennan was great and before that we had Agostino and Seal but in the last 10-15 years the only decent foreign signings we've had were Sebok and the 2 Andersens I guess

Testimitanu, jacki, basso.

Oops remove jacki, just saw your time scales.

I think we have had more good foreign permanent signings than bad.

that s that then clear as mud.

need to make money otherwise club will go bust need new stadium to make money. we just want to be told that everything will be ok! a bit more upbeat would be comforting. pleased about the emphasis on the academy. I just think we need a lot more clarity on the existence of a plan b if stadium proposals fall through. Also on the medium term improvements to the matchday experience at AG which he admits will probably be our home for at least another three years.

There is no pleasing some people. If you listened closely you will realise that not everything is not to be shared with the fans (quite rightly so). They will have a plan B but that will be between themselves if plan A fails!!! Would you want to let the objectors know in advance! Some people on here do make me laugh thinking they are entitled to know everything about a multi million pound business. But I don't laugh cos I think it is immaturity at its best.

Testimitanu, jacki, basso.

Oops remove jacki, just saw your time scales.

I think we have had more good foreign permanent signings than bad.

Oh yeah, forgot Basso! Never particularly rated Testimitanu though. I think you're right about our conversion rate for foreign signings but I just don't think we've made enough of them

There is no pleasing some people. If you listened closely you will realise that not everything is not to be shared with the fans (quite rightly so). They will have a plan B but that will be between themselves if plan A fails!!! Would you want to let the objectors know in advance! Some people on here do make me laugh thinking they are entitled to know everything about a multi million pound business. But I don't laugh cos I think it is immaturity at its best.

In other words fans need to start turning up at games win or loose,city won't survive on 12k gates

Easier said than done, we are in a recession, people out of work, far better things to do pissing away 20-30 quid on the same old same old. Fair enough ticket prices have not gone up, but they are way way to expensive for the current climate.

Putting a roof over my familes head, or city going bust through their own mismanagement, no contest, and it shouldn't be for anyone else.

I don't class the likes of Brennan, Agostino or Goater as "foreign", they were all native English speakers.

Of those that are not Basso is the only one who ever managed more than 50 league games for us, a couple of others, Moller, who was sold and Testi who got a bad injury, might well have but otherwise our foreign signings have been a catalogue of disasters.

I know I'm in the minority on this but for me Dziekanowski was actually one of the worst, £250k spent (raised by selling a player who went on to score another 300 goals!) for which we had about 5 decent performances and lots of baggage.

Unless we have a comprehensive scouting system (which we don't) it makes no sense to sign players from abroad.

I don't class the likes of Brennan, Agostino or Goater as "foreign", they were all native English speakers.

Of those that are not Basso is the only one who ever managed more than 50 league games for us, a couple of others, Moller, who was sold and Testi who got a bad injury, might well have but otherwise our foreign signings have been a catalogue of disasters.

I know I'm in the minority on this but for me Dziekanowski was actually one of the worst, £250k spent (raised by selling a player who went on to score another 300 goals!) for which we had about 5 decent performances and lots of baggage.

Unless we have a comprehensive scouting system (which we don't) it makes no sense to sign players from abroad.

So is half of Africa in terms of English speakers. So are they not considered foreign either?

They are foreign, you try living in America, Canada, Australia as a Englishman, in a English way of life, you will soon realise how completely alien it is to you.

Easier said than done, we are in a recession, people out of work, far better things to do pissing away 20-30 quid on the same old same old. Fair enough ticket prices have not gone up, but they are way way to expensive for the current climate.

Putting a roof over my familes head, or city going bust through their own mismanagement, no contest, and it shouldn't be for anyone else.

How i agree with you families do come first..But one thing that gets to me is this club has to work to get support and the support want to see good players,no happy medium,No way this club can reduce prices anymore to get more people in..All i know is if Bristol city where in first place money wouldnt be an issue to support.Unless Bristol city is winning games (so called support )dont turn up.I cant afford a season ticket but ive got one maybe its a south west thing im not sure but im concerned this club has to try other areas to get revenue.Things are happening as jon has said I really dont Know what else to say.Lets hope things turn for the better soon,But i Know my support wont fade away however bad the football is at the moment.And another thing to add to this is..People havent got the money? But as i know those that claim they followed bristol city are now following MAN UTD ARSENAL name a few other teams,Fans that travel from the south west..Now doesnt that cost money infact hundreds!! Support City and maybe this club will be slighty closer to success!!

Archived