IGNORED

Jon Lansdown Speaks!

!james

If there is no FFP this year why haven't we taken a gamble and got in a cb or cm.

What worries me is quite a few people in the know saying FFP kicked in that's why we've not signed anyone.

If we can't afford anyone without FFP who we going to afford in FFP.

i could well be wrong, but im guessing that if we sign a player on a 3yr deal in Jan on 15k per week then their wages will count next year and the year after when FFP does kick in. we have a load more players out of contract next summer so i reckon the board are ensuring our overall wage outgoings for next year are significantly less than the past few years.

How i agree with you families do come first..But one thing that gets to me is this club has to work to get support and the support want to see good players,no happy medium,No way this club can reduce prices anymore to get more people in..All i know is if Bristol city where in first place money wouldnt be an issue to support.Unless Bristol city is winning games (so called support )dont turn up.I cant afford a season ticket but ive got one maybe its a south west thing im not sure but im concerned this club has to try other areas to get revenue.Things are happening as jon has said I really dont Know what else to say.Lets hope things turn for the better soon,But i Know my support wont fade away however bad the football is at the moment.

The attendances are about right for this club. 12 - 14k crowds for this division, 8 - 11k for league 1. The problem has always been the same, Bristolians do not care about their own clubs because there hasn't been a succesful side in the city. If either club had a history of sustained championship football and the occasional top flight promotion there would be more fans waiting to jump on board. What can you use to get a football fan in Bristol to come and watch the club?

They already pay £20 a month to watch as many games as they like in the premier league, a Man Utd supporter living in Bristol gets to watch about 2 or 3 games a month for £20. People have to be realistic about the support the club gets, for a club that has had a brief outing of top flight football about 35 years ago, the rest of the time it has been mainly 3rd tier football, the support really isn't as bad as folk make out.

i could well be wrong, but im guessing that if we sign a player on a 3yr deal in Jan on 15k per week then their wages will count next year and the year after when FFP does kick in. we have a load more players out of contract next summer so i reckon the board are ensuring our overall wage outgoings for next year are significantly less than the past few years.

I agree totally with what your saying, but all season people have been saying this season FFP has started but hasn't.

If we know so many players are out of contract you could still sign players in jan knowing how much you are going to save in the summer.

Just don't know why we haven't looked ahead and signed some players, if our board are forward thinking we should be signing players.

I agree totally with what your saying, but all season people have been saying this season FFP has started but hasn't.

If we know so many players are out of contract you could still sign players in jan knowing how much you are going to save in the summer.

Just don't know why we haven't looked ahead and signed some players, if our board are forward thinking we should be signing players.

again I can only guess, as we don't know the ins and outs of budgeting at bcfc, but it seems as though the board had enough of spiraling costs of wages and have now gone the other way and trying to cut costs wherever possible until the overall cost of wages come down. i can understand this, and maybe without injuries and poor form of a few players we would have got away with it. this January could see another massive shake up in the squad and i wouldn't be surprised if most of the players out of contract in 2013 aren't here next season - Mark Wilson (gone this Jan), Gerkin, Louis Carey, Nyatanga, Skuse, Elliott, Stead, Pitman. That's a lot of money we're forking out every week on players not good enough, when we're only getting 12k through the gates!

Other players could include:

Kalifa Cisse (Boavista CF)

Gylfi Sigurdsson (FH/Breissebelik)

Jimmy Kebe (RC Lens)

Faris Haroun (Germinal Beerschot)

Guly do Prado (Cesena)

Jean Beausejour (America CF)

Akos Buszacky (FC Porto))

Kaspars Gorkss (Ventspils)

Marvin Emnes (Sparta Rotterdam)

All who have done well in the past moving straight from abroad.

Examples of City players besides Styvar in recent times include the likes of;

Nick Carle (Genclerbirligi)

Tamas Vasko (FC Ujpest)

And Evander Sno (Ajax)

Not a positive spin on things I'm afraid

Even from you? I'm shocked!

In my mind FFP will ensure we are a league 1 team until we get a new stadium. I'm sure the rugby club will move to AG next year to provide a bit if extra income but won't be enough to compete in the championship.

Sadly this may well be the reality, if not league 1 but at least trying to tread water until the new stadium is up and running. There are many on these boards that see relegation as the end of the world. Anyone who has supported City since the early 80's will have seen most of our football in the 3rd tier and know that its not the end of the world provided we are not left to far behind. Relegations and promotions happen to clubs like us, it inevitable at some point im afraid, and much bigger teams than us have suffered it in recent years. The real fans are the ones that will be there on the opening day back in league 1. That said i dont think we will go down this year, but its all about pulling together during the rough times knowing/ hoping better times are around the corner.

Interestingly JL never seemed to question the new "facillity" happening, just saying that it will be 3/4 years down the line. Perhaps a "plan B" might be what they claim to be working so hard on?

If there is no FFP this year why haven't we taken a gamble and got in a cb or cm.

What worries me is quite a few people in the know saying FFP kicked in that's why we've not signed anyone.

If we can't afford anyone without FFP who we going to afford in FFP.

there is FFP but the penltys are suspended for a year we still need to reduce the level we are losing from 12 million to 4 million by this time next year thats why

there is FFP but the penltys are suspended for a year we still need to reduce the level we are losing from 12 million to 4 million by this time next year thats why

So if penalties are suspended for a year why not splash the cash and get in a new cb and cm, for amount we've spent this year I reckon is on a par with last year.

Where as a club have we saved any money this year to last year, if we as people say change managers that basically ruins our finances for next year due to paying off the manager now? Does he know this and is basically untouchable.

We have a lot of high earners out of contract end of this season. We could of done a short term fix offered 1 year deals to sort out the teams weaknesses and restructured in the summer.

Not sure we need to save 8 million think its about 4 at most for owner in FFP can cover so much of the losses so not a dramatic cut but a big one.

If we go down this year our turnover will be even less and would mean we would have to make even more cuts than we are going to, which would weaken our squad even more.

Does it mean Davies Cunningham Baldock will be sold off cheap to save our wage bill if so relegation will be a disaster and can't see us coming back up to quickly.

It's not a easy one if your on the board, stick with what we've got and hope or spend some money to stave off relegation (McManus elokobi Briggs)

So if penalties are suspended for a year why not splash the cash and get in a new cb and cm, for amount we've spent this year I reckon is on a par with last year.

Where as a club have we saved any money this year to last year, if we as people say change managers that basically ruins our finances for next year due to paying off the manager now? Does he know this and is basically untouchable.

We have a lot of high earners out of contract end of this season. We could of done a short term fix offered 1 year deals to sort out the teams weaknesses and restructured in the summer.

Not sure we need to save 8 million think its about 4 at most for owner in FFP can cover so much of the losses so not a dramatic cut but a big one.

If we go down this year our turnover will be even less and would mean we would have to make even more cuts than we are going to, which would weaken our squad even more.

Does it mean Davies Cunningham Baldock will be sold off cheap to save our wage bill if so relegation will be a disaster and can't see us coming back up to quickly.

It's not a easy one if your on the board, stick with what we've got and hope or spend some money to stave off relegation (McManus elokobi Briggs)

because they will be on the wage bill increase the amount we lose thus we are more likely to fall foul of the sancations next season which include big fines and a transfer embargo, WE CAN'T DO THAT

its simple

You are paying off a loan you don't spend more then you take home and still pay off that loan you reduce you life style and pay it off,

Thank **** you don't run the club

because they will be on the wage bill increase the amount we lose thus we are more likely to fall foul of the sancations next season which include big fines and a transfer embargo, WE CAN'T DO THAT

its simple

You are paying off a loan you don't spend more then you take home and still pay off that loan you reduce you life style and pay it off,

Thank **** you don't run the club

To be fair to wat, he is not the one who has got the club into millions of pounds of debt to himself.

To be fair to wat, he is not the one who has got the club into millions of pounds of debt to himself.

the debt thankfully is owed to SL and we wouldn't have an issue if the FFP wasn't coming in,

it is and we have,

Thats why we wouldn't bend to Cisse and over pay him thats why we would over pay for keogh thats why we couldn't afford Gerrads wages,

Most of the old guard if they want to stay with us will have to take massive pay cuts, we can no longer pay 15k a week to a aging goal keeper of 12500 a week to a 5th chioce striker,

Its why alot of focus is being place on the youth and devlopment teams,

There are only 3 promotion places in this league those who scream go for it or why aren't we paying this or signing him, what if we go for it and not get promoted?

That would be it if the likes of Leicester and Cardiff and Blackburn do not win promotion this season then they are in big big trouble next year when FFP finally bites,

The club and the board are doing the correct thing as in getting our house in order off field, you have a strong off field performance then the on field will not be far behind

the debt thankfully is owed to SL and we wouldn't have an issue if the FFP wasn't coming in,

it is and we have,

Thats why we wouldn't bend to Cisse and over pay him thats why we would over pay for keogh thats why we couldn't afford Gerrads wages,

Most of the old guard if they want to stay with us will have to take massive pay cuts, we can no longer pay 15k a week to a aging goal keeper of 12500 a week to a 5th chioce striker,

There are only 3 promotion places in this league those who scream go for it or why aren't we paying this or signing him, what if we go for it and not get promoted?

That would be it if the likes of Leicester and Cardiff and Blackburn do not win promotion this season then they are in big big trouble next year when FFP finally bites,

The club and the board are doing the correct thing as in getting our house in order off field, you have a strong off field performance then the on field will not be far behind

You have to wonder why, now the stadium appears dead in the water, and the ffp regs are coming in, why Steve decided to give up his position, and on the face of it, leave the club, going through a massive transition, in the hands, of what looks like from the outside, a very inexperienced board.

With this being so important to our future, and with Steve's knowledge of finances, it seems he has let his foot off the gas, and is now flirting with other ventures.

All seems a little odd.

it is and we have,

I said sign players on a 1 year deal a cb or cm (Elliott ward perfect example) this wouldn't effect the club in FFP for its on this years figures. We have done basically the same now with McManus except could of got ward in early September instead of October as in McManus. How is that breaking the rules, if you read what I wrote I also stated we can't sack the manager for that would also our up our wages, you sack now and pay up before FFP kicks on next year or he's here for the long haul for wont be able to pay up everyone.

Also said where have we saved any money this year splashing over £3 million on 2 forwards doesn't seem very prudent to me, we could of spent that elsewhere.

Next season will be hard for if we have to save 2 to 4 million when we don't renew contracts end of season we won't be able to sign anyone else especailly if we go down for turnover will drop hugely. So spend money wisely this year keep us up with bigger gates and turnover and go from there in the summer for people on 1 year deals would be off the books.

I think stead pitman Carey skuse heaton woolford all out of contract in summer maybe more. That's a big saving but how much could be reinvested due to having to save money next year with FFP.

Blackburn be ok for next 2 years have parachute payments to help them out, Cardiff Leicester bigger gates and newer ground more turnover and out of football money, that will be us with a new ground if we get it which means we can compete more.

• Admin

Blackburn be ok for next 2 years have parachute payments to help them out, Cardiff Leicester bigger gates and newer ground more turnover and out of football money, that will be us with a new ground if we get it which means we can compete more.

I haven't studied the FFP, but surely in the Championship, non parachute payment clubs should be able to accept a payment equal to a paprachute payment from a benefactor, if not, the parachute payments ensure it remains a haves and have nots league, regardless. How will we ever compete with any club that already has some prem standard players and parachute payments?

I haven't studied the FFP, but surely in the Championship, non parachute payment clubs should be able to accept a payment equal to a paprachute payment from a benefactor, if not, the parachute payments ensure it remains a haves and have nots league, regardless. How will we ever compete with any club that already has some prem standard players and parachute payments?

nope because if a team goes stright up while recieveing parachute payments the outstanding payment is split between the rest of the championship,

It really is a case of living with in your means and its designed to stop the man city and chelseas of the world trying to buy promotion,

we spent 120% odd of turnover on players wages thats before the costs of running ashton gate non playing staff are added to it,

We need to get it down to 80% just to post a 4 million pound loss,

We will not be paying massive fees like Maynard again unless the new ground is built, we can no longer rely on lansdown balancing the books as he has been since he became chairman and owner we have to stand on our own,

13k at the gate (with no boxes or corprite facilites) means we can not sustain championship football let alone challenge for promotion,

That why we are now investing heavily in the youth and devlopment sqaud because that doesn't count t FFP

We can't throw money at the transfer market anymore,

Our close season will be about weeling and dealing next year and I doubt we will be paying many fees, (only 3 of our transfers were paid for these were cunningham for about 75k and davies and baldock both undisclosed)

• Admin

nope because if a team goes stright up while recieveing parachute payments the outstanding payment is split between the rest of the championship,

It really is a case of living with in your means and its designed to stop the man city and chelseas of the world trying to buy promotion,

we spent 120% odd of turnover on players wages thats before the costs of running ashton gate non playing staff are added to it,

We need to get it down to 80% just to post a 4 million pound loss,

We will not be paying massive fees like Maynard again unless the new ground is built, we can no longer rely on lansdown balancing the books as he has been since he became chairman and owner we have to stand on our own,

13k at the gate (with no boxes or corprite facilites) means we can not sustain championship football let alone challenge for promotion,

That why we are now investing heavily in the youth and devlopment sqaud because that doesn't count t FFP

We can't throw money at the transfer market anymore,

Our close season will be about weeling and dealing next year and I doubt we will be paying many fees, (only 3 of our transfers were paid for these were cunningham for about 75k and davies and baldock both undisclosed)

It still gives them a financial advantage, not based on turnover, how is that regarded as 'financial fair play'.

It still gives them a financial advantage, not based on turnover, how is that regarded as 'financial fair play'.

I agree it gives them an advantage but I guess if they come down wage bill is huge so they will have 3 years to sort it like we have. If not will get lots of teams going bust, guess at any time be only 9 teams max with parachute payments, if they keep all there players.

because recenttly relegated prem clubs are normally paying players 30 to 40k a week with 80 million pound in tv income its such a shock to drop down they need that money to cover wages just to shift players,

Now FFP is here it will make the parachute payments do what they are designed to do and thats get rid of high earners instead of being use as a quick fix to try and return to the big time,

The parachute payments under tve new sky deal are £48M spread over 4 years. In addition the bottom club in the premier league will get £60M!!! It make teams like us impossible to compete! and will eventually kill competition in the championship.

In Sweden there are players in their early 20's on 1/5 of the sallary that would play City off the park and I'm sure it's the same in most European countries

Hopefully they dont all fall over like they have been shot, every feather touch they get, these Southern europeans party trick....

that s that then clear as mud.

need to make money otherwise club will go bust need new stadium to make money. we just want to be told that everything will be ok! a bit more upbeat would be comforting. pleased about the emphasis on the academy. I just think we need a lot more clarity on the existence of a plan b if stadium proposals fall through. Also on the medium term improvements to the matchday experience at AG which he admits will probably be our home for at least another three years.

There is no pleasing some people. If you listened closely you will realise that not everything is not to be shared with the fans (quite rightly so). They will have a plan B but that will be between themselves if plan A fails!!! Would you want to let the objectors know in advance! Some people on here do make me laugh thinking they are entitled to know everything about a multi million pound business. But I don't laugh cos I think it is immaturity at its best.

sorry i missed something here most of us supporters are paying more than one twentieth of our annual salary into this multi million pound business for which we get to watch games drink tea eat pies and wear clothes that are out of fashion in a year. mr lansdown has made an investment in this club , which is very brave! but is an investment(i e at some point a return is expected) and not income for the club and neither i doubt is it one twentieth of his annual salary.

Besides we support a football club foremost and like to feel a sense of being involved in that club . I'm not suggesting that we make decisions but we must surely have a say in the way that our club is run!

Archived