IGNORED

Stop Blaming The Manager...

spudski

Well that's plausible, but Bristol's a pretty decent place to live and it's no more than a couple of hours to London by Range Rover or Bentley.

They might be able to get better young players who've been released by Premier League clubs nearby, but that cuts both ways as we should have the pick of West Country youngsters.

Who knows, Bristol is a great area but no sporting pedigree, that may also be a problem.

I think we have shot ourselves in the foot by dismissing foreign talent as well, most of our rivals have raided the foreign market well. Yet we do not. Is it still the case, we will not go abroad because GJ was stung, and now the board are afraid to dip their toes in the water again? I am sure it is holding us back.

.... Who keeps appointing these managers with little or no experience in this league?

It's so easy to blame the manager...because it's always them that can be moved on.

And it is obvious he doesn't know his best team. Or...is trying to keep everyone happy.

No one likes losing or struggling or watching poor performances everyweek.

But I;m seriously worried for this Club now.

A team low on confidence, full of injuries, relying on loans, fans unhappy and moaning, a manager seemingly struggling to find his best 11, nothing but negative energy around the Club and constant talk about saving money and needing a new stadium to make this Club competitive.

I really do think this current board and previous will rue the day, they gambled on managerial inexperience at this level.

I can see fans leaving by their droves. Money is short...Xmas looms...nothing to look forward too at the Gate.

As for an answer... I haven't got one. Who would want this job?

Something is seriously wrong at this Club.

This club will be here long after me and you are gone and yes things arent great at the moment. Could be better, could be worse been the same for the 45yrs I`ve known them.

As for the answer; DM and everyone at the club will be trying to improve things you can be sure of that, if they dont they dont, life and our club will go on. What will be will be, take a chill pill and go with the flow.

Who knows, Bristol is a great area but no sporting pedigree, that may also be a problem.

I think we have shot ourselves in the foot by dismissing foreign talent as well, most of our rivals have raided the foreign market well. Yet we do not. Is it still the case, we will not go abroad because GJ was stung, and now the board are afraid to dip their toes in the water again? I am sure it is holding us back.

The Club are wary of foreign imports after GJ...but they are open to suggestions, so i am told.

The Club are wary of foreign imports after GJ...but they are open to suggestions, so i am told.

I hope they are open. Or it is no wonder we are struggling, Just scouring the British market.

I think it is a poor policy, we have bought many many many poor British players, but that hasn't stopped us buying more :)

This club will be here long after me and you are gone and yes things arent great at the moment. Could be better, could be worse been the same for the 45yrs I`ve known them.

As for the answer; DM and everyone at the club will be trying to improve things you can be sure of that, if they dont they dont, life and our club will go on. What will be will be, take a chill pill and go with the flow.

I too have followed the Club for a long time ( 1975 ), and am used to the ebb and mainly flow of BCFC.

And you're probably right...We should just shrug our shoulders and don't give a f'eck. We can't do f' eck all about it...true.

Just sick of hearing about our 'ambition' and new Stadium...and it totally failing.

Perhaps we should just resign ourselves to Div 3 football and dreams of what could be.

I too have followed the Club for a long time ( 1975 ), and am used to the ebb and mainly flow of BCFC.

And you're probably right...We should just shrug our shoulders and don't give a f'eck. We can't do f' eck all about it...true.

Just sick of hearing about our 'ambition' and new Stadium...and it totally failing.

Perhaps we should just resign ourselves to Div 3 football and dreams of what could be.

False promises from the board are backfiring massively, fans will not just bother to turn up in the end and we are seeing this already in the attendance drop! Only the serious hardcore support will stay on but until the level of football improves, we should expect poor attendances for some time to come. I dont blame Del, I dont even blame previous managers! I will keep saying it that the board are to blame including Steve Lansdown for alot what has gone wrong not just now, not even the last days of the Johnno tenure but since the Tinman days as boss and its snowballed to this. Its a downward spiral until we get people in at the very top level who 'ACTUALLY' know how to run a football club, this club has the potential to succeed but its not being realised and probably never will under this board.

False promises from the board are backfiring massively, fans will not just bother to turn up in the end and we are seeing this already in the attendance drop! Only the serious hardcore support will stay on but until the level of football improves, we should expect poor attendances for some time to come. I dont blame Del, I dont even blame previous managers! I will keep saying it that the board are to blame including Steve Lansdown for alot what has gone wrong not just now, not even the last days of the Johnno tenure but since the Tinman days as boss and its snowballed to this. Its a downward spiral until we get people in at the very top level who 'ACTUALLY' know how to run a football club, this club has the potential to succeed but its not being realised and probably never will under this board.

You may be correct, however I feel that DMC needs to take his turn in the barrel for some of this seasons woes.

The signing of Wilson ok only for 4 months but surely as he was signed mainly as cover surely Edwards could have covered that position.

The signing of Anderson is very strange, surely had he showed more faith in Bolaisie, then that signing could have been avoided.

The extra year given to Carey was a mistake.

and Pitman should have been unloaded in the summer whilst he still had a value.

Perhaps then the money could have been found in the budget to fund the signing of fans favourite Amougou and also for at least one central midfielder.

IMO.

You may be correct, however I feel that DMC needs to take his turn in the barrel for some of this seasons woes.

The signing of Wilson ok only for 4 months but surely as he was signed mainly as cover surely Edwards could have covered that position.

The signing of Anderson is very strange, surely had he showed more faith in Bolaisie, then that signing could have been avoided.

The extra year given to Carey was a mistake.

and Pitman should have been unloaded in the summer whilst he still had a value.

Perhaps then the money could have been found in the budget to fund the signing of fans favourite Amougou and also for at least one central midfielder.

IMO.

While I mainly agree with your points, think we were never going to sign Amougou as we couldnt afford his wages. Apparently he is on 30k a week at Boro (the same wages he was on at Burnley) and I seriously dont think we would be offering anywhere near, maybe Del tried to convince him to come but was restrained with what we could offer him I dont know.

The Bolasie situation is interesting as I believe the general opinion from fans (me included) was he wasnt good enough for our team anyway, now he's doing very well with Palarse, could be summat to prove and show he wasnt a bit part player. I dont know why Anderson hasnt been given a run in the team... only the manager can answer that.

Carey should never have been given an extension to his contract, it does pain me to say that as he is a legend but sentiment aside he isnt good enough anymore.

There is alot of deadwood in the side still but all who had cushy contracts from previous regimes and while yes Del has to take the share of the blame for some decisions which have not worked, for me the buck ultimately stops with the board for appointing him in the first place... especially as he is still a rookie manager and his cutting his teeth so to speak. I'm a supporter of McInnes and think he has done alot of good work behind scenes with making the backroom setup more professional and so on, while he has made mistakes tactically he is the right man to take us forward. We've been going backwards for 4 years now due to shoddy and amateurish decision making from the board and its going to take a few years to sort it out... As they say Rome wasnt built in a day.

While I mainly agree with your points, think we were never going to sign Amougou as we couldnt afford his wages. Apparently he is on 30k a week at Boro (the same wages he was on at Burnley) and I seriously dont think we would be offering anywhere near, maybe Del tried to convince him to come but was restrained with what we could offer him I dont know.

The Bolasie situation is interesting as I believe the general opinion from fans (me included) was he wasnt good enough for our team anyway, now he's doing very well with Palarse, could be summat to prove and show he wasnt a bit part player. I dont know why Anderson hasnt been given a run in the team... only the manager can answer that.

Carey should never have been given an extension to his contract, it does pain me to say that as he is a legend but sentiment aside he isnt good enough anymore.

There is alot of deadwood in the side still but all who had cushy contracts from previous regimes and while yes Del has to take the share of the blame for some decisions which have not worked, for me the buck ultimately stops with the board for appointing him in the first place... especially as he is still a rookie manager and his cutting his teeth so to speak. I'm a supporter of McInnes and think he has done alot of good work behind scenes with making the backroom setup more professional and so on, while he has made mistakes tactically he is the right man to take us forward. We've been going backwards for 4 years now due to shoddy and amateurish decision making from the board and its going to take a few years to sort it out... As they say Rome wasnt built in a day.

What did the romans ever do for us ?

Its hard to take the current temp situation when we remember the days of the guy in your avatar and the team in your sig; however they didnt appear overnight or season.

Point I`m trying to make is a season is no time to get a decent squad/team together.

We are way disjointed at the mo, yeah but lets not get to desperate about it just yet.

We`ve both been to the top and bottom with our club, its a continuing journey.

We all give a duck otherwise we wouldnt be posting here or be concerned over our current position. It is but a moment in time.

Archived